PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Small spend of £1.29 today - OH bought some naan breads from Mr T to go with dinner. I was at the gym but had preplanned and made veg and chickpea tagine at the weekend so we had that with couscous and the naan breads. Bit of an unnecessary expense but he's getting better, at least he only bought one thing!!
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
  • Make-it-3
    Make-it-3 Posts: 1,661 Forumite
    Milk and potatoes needed today, so another £2.74 to add to my September tally - standing at £71.89/£200 now.

Should be able to make it to the weekend without any grocery spends. Need to reign in this week after last week's shop.
    We Made-it-3 on 28/01/11 with birth of our gorgeous DD.
  • Day 10 of our September GC and so far nothing spent. I visited a friend today who is going away Friday until Tuesday she gave me a pack of tomatoes, a pack of radishes & a tub of clotted cream all of which go out of date whilst she's away. I'm going to look into what I can do with radishes in addition to salad.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • gettingready
    gettingready Posts: 11,330 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    testing.. signature.....
  • Nicki_Sue
    Nicki_Sue Posts: 1,261 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    A quiet week for me on here, we have celebrated my birthday and set the wheels in motion for moving house (fingers crossed!). That said my first week in September tallies up as having spent £85.01 / £100 so a cracking start!
    MSE-ing since 2007
  • NickNack - thanks for that information on Persil - that does sound like a good deal :). Never heard of Heron shop though - they obviously don't have those where I live!
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • Morning all hope all is well?

Shopping day today so will report in later with spends :) x
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    DD1 went and did the weekly shop yesterday for the 1st time on her own , she did really well , she used [EMAIL="mysup3rm@rket"]mysup3rm@rket[/EMAIL] to price up the stuff and print a shopping list and she stuck to it :j i had a £14 off £70 shop voucher too , so the total for this week was £67 :T
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Morning.
    Well done to your daughter sistercas. You must of taught her well. :)
    I am having a baking day today.
    Cheese cob loaf, sage bread buns, cheese and ham flan, and rhubard crumble.
    All made from things I have in.
    This is for lunches for the next few days.
    Today we are just having a fridge use up omlette for lunch and fish pie and mushy peas for dinner. Again all from the freezer. I am doing well at using it up and keeping my spends down.
    I need milk later though so I will go late to see if I can stock back up a little for cheap.
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Got to go to tesco tomorrow (I think - it costs a lot in fuel to get there but is def cheaper than shopping local for all the stuff I need), but think I can manage a NSD today (only my 2nd of the month :o but I include all spends for NSD not just GC...).

Was thinking of using the 50% of dominos pizza voucher code this weekend as a treat but I looked at the menu today and a larg pizza is £15 :eek: Even with the voucher it will cost £10-15 to feed my family plus the fuel to get there (too far away for delivery). Doesn't seem such a bargain when for the same money I could get enough pizzas in lidl or tesco to do us for at least 3 dinners....
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills