• Savvybunny2009
    Savvybunny2009 Posts: 5,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hey, i'm not well rounded :rotfl::rotfl:skinny as a matchstick :o:rotfl:

i remember that far back savvy :D

:rotfl:

With all these Pepsi, McVities, McCoys, McCains, KitKat comps etc I'm sure competition providers do expect us to be well rounded :p
    Comping wishlist for 2017
    1. Family holiday 2. Christmas presents :rudolf: 3. Fishing stuff
    The more you put into life, the more you get out
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm well rounded but I have an excuse lol. Don't talk to me about purchase comps had some Trebor mints today asked oh to save wrapper and he binned it lol. Bloody men.
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    :rotfl:

With all these Pepsi, McVities, McCoys, McCains, KitKat comps etc I'm sure competition providers do expect us to be well rounded :p

:D:D you've to resist temptation & give them to the family
    to eat :D :rotfl:
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Skippycat
    Skippycat Posts: 5,975 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about purchase comps had some Trebor mints today asked oh to save wrapper and he binned it lol. Bloody men.

Lol - you need to get him properly trained :)
    2022 wins include.... £1,000 cheque £150 ASDA gift card £250 Impericon gift voucher £100 cheque £100 of plant bulbs £100 Bower Collective voucher
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unfortunately despite most compers being lovely well rounded people you get a few oddballs that go a bit crazy when they haven't had a win for a while so I would ignore the posts, these are the people that take comping way too seriously and get frustrated when they don't win.

I appreciate the time everyone takes to post and contribute, without them there wouldn't be a comping section on MSE, many seem to forget that it's a money site and they kindly allowed a comping board. Not of course that many will remember mse that far back.

Ok, yes, I admit it, I'm very well rounded :o:rotfl::rotfl:
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• gojoroan2007
    gojoroan2007 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    :D:D you've to resist temptation & give them to the family
    to eat :D :rotfl:

I wish...won some McVities Jaffa cake bars t'other day..thought they'll be nice in the kids lunch boxes next week...picked them up with my OH (kids with grandma) but unfortunately there was a queue to get out of tescos car park and all of a sudden there was only one left...and it wouldn't have been fair to save it....:rotfl:
    :smileyhea Thank you to all that post comps - may the Comping Fairy return your time and generosity doubled!:smileyhea
    Laughing at our own mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
    ;) Pronoia - the wonderful feeling that everyone is conspiring to help you!! ;)
  • weeowens
    weeowens Posts: 81,990 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maybe it's time that MSE used IP addresses or some such to prevent AE's being used.
    Other sites do it.
    I appreciate it would be a pain if it was a shared connection though.
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    weeowens wrote: »
    Maybe it's time that MSE used IP addresses or some such to prevent AE's being used.
    Other sites do it.

I think it would be difficult as there are so many members. Everyone in my household regularly visit MSE, it would be very difficult to police who the trolls actually are.
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• gojoroan2007
    gojoroan2007 Posts: 487 Forumite
    Options
    weeowens wrote: »
    Other sites do it.

I think that given the recent court case due to internet abuse, and the success of the person who who was abused in gaining the ips / identities of the people carrying out the abuse, that one would have to be incredibly stupid to blatantly abuse someone on any website...

Whoever is using [STRIKE]Deborahs name[/STRIKE] any alter ego should be concerned that they could be traced and prosecuted....:cool:
    :smileyhea Thank you to all that post comps - may the Comping Fairy return your time and generosity doubled!:smileyhea
    Laughing at our own mistakes can lengthen our own life. Laughing at someone else’s can shorten it.
    ;) Pronoia - the wonderful feeling that everyone is conspiring to help you!! ;)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not sure why Deb Phillipson (if that is indeed her real name) thinks all compers are "workshy, freeloading single mother types and married older women ... who are clearly bored with their DHs".

I actually work full-time, have no children and have a lovely new boyfriend that I'm definitely not bored with. I've also got a busy social life in the real world but I make time for comping as I enjoy it. I'm sure there will be many other people on here that also have busy, fulfilled lives whether it be with their children or DHs or whatever. No reason why people can't spend a few hours a day comping as well as fitting in other things, Deb. I have excellent time management skills, don't you know?!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure