Cheap Airport Parking Discussion

Comments

• Hi guys

Struggling to find cheaper parking at Stansted for 30th Oct - 6th Nov (flight lands at 22:30).

Anyone help me where I can potentially get it for free or is Stansted a hard one to crack?

Ta

WJUK
  • Can anyone help with birmingham 2 weeks meet and greet as cannot find lower price than essential.........aardvark & stress free only options and same price on every single site I have looked on except purple membership which is excluded!

Happy to stay in a hotel night before if price is cheaper than £80

MonstasWifey
    :p:o:p
  • Ride to the airport in the comfort of your own car so that you can avoid taxi fees and hauling heavy luggage on public transport. Parking at Luton airport is easy and great value for money.
  • I have always found bluedogparking.co.uk to be the best website to book parking at stansted and gatwick, its simple to use, just enter your dates and it gives you all the options available, different prices etc. They also have a help desk telephone nr just is case i mess up my booking. But i have found that the earlier i book the cheaper the price.
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2012 at 1:13PM
    blindman wrote: »
    Update:

Essential Travel now only refund the difference for Hotel + Parking

The parking only though is still free

Oh dear :cool:

When I come to book my parking I now find they've also altered the parking guarantee to only refund the difference :cool:

However Holiday Extra's still give free parking or Hotel+ parking if you find one cheaper within 24 hrs. They only refund after you get back.
  • Go to Purple Parking via Quidco, and then enter code RAC on Purple. You get directed to their business site but the result was staggering. Price of £48 for 16 days at HEATHROW was way cheaper than anything else I could find anywhere. Plus in theory you get another 5% from Quidco for using a voucher code. Watch out for credit card fees - debit cards free.
  • businka
    businka Posts: 71 Forumite
    Just realised code BTCPG for 14% off on www.parkandgo.co.uk is still working!! (is says on e-mail it will expire 31/12)
  • tania29
    tania29 Posts: 10 Forumite
    what happens to East Midlands parking?! it's only Long Stay available :(
  • blindman
    Oh dear :cool:

When I come to book my parking I now find they've also altered the parking guarantee to only refund the difference :cool:

However Holiday Extra's still give free parking or Hotel+ parking if you find one cheaper within 24 hrs. They only refund after you get back.

Managed to get one successful claim from HExtra's though it was a bit of a struggle, which others concur.

I've now put in a second claim-via Quidco (£12 cashback) so lets see how that one plays out :cool:
  • blindman

I've now put in a second claim-via Quidco (£12 cashback) so lets see how that one plays out :cool:

Another success :D

Saved about £70 as I was going to just park.

I won't get the refund until we get back (9 months hence) but with quidco I should be paid £10 to park for free:cool:

Strangely enough (not) the parking at the hotel is now more expensive than Holiday Extras for the same dates ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback