OCD about Comping

Options
1235»

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I had an appointment with Physio on Thursday... and was told I've got such a sore, swollen wrist from extreme overuse - comping :o I really need to get a life :p

Ahhh bless you :p I also suffer from a sore wrist and sore fingers on my right hand due to overuse of the mouse (and nothing else lol! :j :rotfl:)
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • defairmans
    defairmans Posts: 962 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :cry:Why can't everyone just say "obsessive" about comping? :( OCD destroys people's lives if it is severe. I don't understand why people that have it themselves think it is ok to use the term in this way. It is really upsetting. It is not just a quirky tick and there extreme cases.

:( "I'm Obsessive Compulsive Disorder about comping" doesn't make sense. You are not locked in a bathroom with repetitive thoughts and pulling your skin off twenty hours a day because you miss some comps.
  • Madrabbitgirl
    Madrabbitgirl Posts: 941 Forumite
    Options
    I don't think that anyone here meant to cause offense. If you read back on some of the responses some people here actually do have OCD and not just obsessive about comping. I agree, OCD can be an extremely debilitating condition. I know a couple of people with it who are both fortunate enough to be learning to cope with their symptoms and are not too severe at the moment. I think quite a few people here (me included) have problems such as anxiety, depression or OCD. Maybe it could have been worded a little better but I think on the whole everyone here is just trying to help each other out and wouldn't have wanted to upset anyone.
    :D January 2016: :) Seed Pantry Grow Pod :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure