American Express Gold Charge - Application...

13»

Comments

• hahah I will do indeed! ;D
  • Ok so they could not find my bank statement and passport copy! and i lost it on phone and then they found it 3 hours later!

and they said are sending out details for me to sign does that mean they have accepted me ? also i have applied for the Harrods card but can i also apply for the Gold card?

many thanks
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    also i have applied for the Harrods card

Blimey, did you get invited to apply?

UNDERGROUND :D
  • yeah i got an invite last month with my harrods rewards statement hopefully i will have card by next week! but not sure if i should apply for the gold aslo or wait tiill i get the other one first! as i would like the BA miles as its nearly enough to upgrade to club rtn for a flight to USA etc :)
  • hahah I will do indeed! ;D

they can normally tell from a set of digits where the card is from uk vs non uk etc!
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The AMEX Gold charge in Brazil you can use any airport lounge in Brazil only by displaying your card ( http://www2.americanexpress.com.br/conteudo/cartoespessoais/goldcard/viagem/sala_vip.aspx ) Sorry guys it's in portuguese.

So... In some places around the word only by showing your amex gold/platinum card you can stay free of charge!

This is in Rio de Janeiro

http://www2.americanexpress.com.br/conteudo/sala_vip/galeao.aspx

Slackinside, just to confirm, you're saying that just by showing your AmEx card - I have the Platinum card - you (and 1 guest) get free access to airport lounges in Brazil? I live in Sao Paulo and regularly fly and never even knew this. If true, this is a great bonus. Cheers.
  • shapala wrote: »
    Slackinside, just to confirm, you're saying that just by showing your AmEx card - I have the Platinum card - you (and 1 guest) get free access to airport lounges in Brazil? I live in Sao Paulo and regularly fly and never even knew this. If true, this is a great bonus. Cheers.

Yep! Search "amex centurion club brazil".

The ones I've known so far that you may get yours and a guest free is Rio, SP, Recife and BH. Maybe others... Dunno. You only need to display your card. In Europe you will need to display your priority pass card that amex send to you once you get your platinum card.

Let us know how's the lounge like as I'm going there for carnival :D

p.s: The one in heathrow is creap. gatwick is a bit better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure