Beautiful registry office venues near you?

At this point it feels like we’ve been through every possible wedding day option, we have viewed countless venues, and come to the realisation that we don’t really want the big venue and hundreds of guests.

We are considering a Friday registry office wedding, potentially in a touristy U.K. location where we can spend the weekend with just our close family and friends.

We have seen some beautiful ones (e.g. Kensington and Chelsea Registry Office) but just thought we would ask... is there a beautiful registry office/old building near you that you would recommend?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 29 October 2019 at 9:59AM
    At this point it feels like we’ve been through every possible wedding day option, we have viewed countless venues, and come to the realisation that we don’t really want the big venue and hundreds of guests.

We are considering a Friday registry office wedding, potentially in a touristy U.K. location where we can spend the weekend with just our close family and friends.

We have seen some beautiful ones (e.g. Kensington and Chelsea Registry Office) but just thought we would ask... is there a beautiful registry office/old building near you that you would recommend?

Thank you in advance :)
    Maybe look at Coventry? That appears to be called 'the Manor House'

Or maybe start with places that appeal for a weekend and then Google what the Register Office is like.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • Bristol has 2 nice old registry offices. The City Hall is stunning from outside, great photo opportunities. The Old Council House is less pretty outside but has some lovely spaces inside perfect for smaller weddings, depends what you're after.

I don't live there anymore, but whenever I tell people that's where I'm from they always say they love Bristol if they've ever been. We've got our wedding in Bristol next summer, but it's a big hotel jobby for us!
    Wedding savings Jan 19: £1.4k. Sept 19: £7.5k. Mar 20: £12.6k
    Goal: Pay for wedding by August 2020 <3
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    suejb2 wrote: »
    The first 3 links don't work for me.

Just asking the OP to clarify:
    do you want to get married in a nice building that is a Registry Office or just somewhere that is licenced for marriages?
  • lika_86
    lika_86 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Lots in London:
    - Old Marylebone Town Hall
    - Morden Park House
    - Woolwich Town Hall

Others:
    - Edinburgh
    - Coventry
    - Newbury
    - Lewes
    - Cheshunt
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Pollycat wrote: »
    The first 3 links don't work for me.

Just asking the OP to clarify:
    do you want to get married in a nice building that is a Registry Office or just somewhere that is licenced for marriages?

Sorry sometimes I can do links sometimes I can’t. If needed the OP can Google the places in my links.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure