Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• Best of luck for tomorrow. Trying to gear myself up...
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you have a good first day back :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Hey CCL - playing catch up.

Hope today goes well and the pain eases up too.
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good luck today CCL, be careful of that wrist. Good idea about the wrist supports from apple muncher. x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • Hello :hello:
    Well, I've survived the first day back. The whole of the first week is usually a killer, but I feel it even more so today - I already feel like I've got more to do than I can handle and not enough time to do it in... The good news is that there is still another day at work before the kids are back in so hopefully I can finish my planning properly tomorrow. We were so busy with meetings and planning and data analysis it was after 4pm before I knew it. I've done lots of the little fiddly jobs and hopefully will be ready to go by Wednesday. I hope that the rest of you reading that have been back today have gotten along ok. It's always a bit of a shock to the system after the summer break.
    I've been too busy with work to get anything else done really. Thankfully Monday is cleaning day so I didn't have any house jobs to do once I finally got home. However, I have had to make sure that the kids are ready to go back tomorrow, feed the cats, sort dinner, then I did another hour of schoolwork before I even thought about it. Now I've caught up on here and that gives me 90 minutes to wind down with tv and crochet before bed time. Determined to go to bed at 10.
    There may be progress on the jam and chutney making front. I was talking about it at work today, and a lovely lady I work with mentioned that she has a brand new preserving pan that she got in a gift set that she doesn't want because she has an old pan passed down from her granny that she loves. She says I can have the new pan if I want it. I offered her some money but she insists she doesn't want anything for it. If I get that then I will definitely have to make something. I will just have to try and organise my time a little bit better to try and fit it in. I can't believe how quickly today has gone - the only wasted time was hanging around waiting for meetings to start (a total of about half an hour), and being stuck in traffic for 20 minutes on the way home tonight. Other than that I've been productive and kept busy but still have loads to do. Hope I haven't set my expectations too high...:cool:
    On the plus side, if I'm busy then I'm not spending so that is good.
    OK. I'm switching the electronics off for the night and am going to wind down with tv and crochet then head off to bed. More boring ramblings tomorrow people - bet you can't wait.
  • Cat it's jam and chutney making fate, the arrival of the pan :rotfl:

This is the recipe we had for tea last night. It's lovely

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2986/courgette-bacon-and-brie-gratin
  • Hey CCL.

Although hectic, it sounds like things are ticking along just nicely. You're getting back into a routine with work, albeit busy. Which, as you say, means you can't really spend so your accruing some cash in the bank for a rainy day.

Early to bed, early to rise, makes a [wo]man healthy, wealthy and wise.
  • And a chili jam that you can make for Christmas presents - if you half the recipe it works just as well, just need to boil it a little less.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chilli-jam?offset=48
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Evening all :hello:
    I really need to get tomorrow out of the way. 3 hours with my Year 7 form class which I am dreading - I can't help it but I don't like the littlies as much as the older kids. I find them quite needy and I find that hard, although I must be able to get on ok with all ages as a lot of kids talk to me. Then 2 hours of teaching, which I just don't quite feel ready for yet, even though I know I'll be ok once it's out of the way.
    Today has been another hectic one. Safeguarding training, year group meetings, faculty lead meetings and trying to get ready for tomorrow. The rest of the department don't have Y7 form so have another 2 hours in the morning before any kids arrive. Another day where I feel as though I've used my time really wisely, worked hard and still didn't get everything done. But I know I do a good job overall so I need to remind myself of that when tomorrow all gets a bit much (and it will when I've spent 3 hours with 30 kids I don't know very well...) I got home just before 5, worked until 6 then started catching up on here. I've made dinner for the kids but need to sort myself out foodwise - I'm just going to reheat some leftovers from Sunday. Hoping to be done by half seven so I can watch tv and then have a quick shower before bed. Definitely right Speky - good sleep is essential.
    The lady at work came to see me, and I'm now the proud owner of a brand new (massive) jam making pan, funnel and thermometer. Now I will have to give it a go - but not before the weekend - I definitely won't have time. But I might look at recipes in preparation - I have that little book. And I definitely want to do chilli jam - thanks Joey. She still refused to take any money from me, but I may crochet her a little thankyou gift.
    Also definitely want to make that risotto so thanks for that as well PF. Which has just reminded me how hungry I am so I'm going to go and make my dinner.
  • And a chili jam that you can make for Christmas presents - if you half the recipe it works just as well, just need to boil it a little less.

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/chilli-jam?offset=48

This !!!

I made this last year, albeit without a proper jam maker, and it was delish!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure