Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• triple_choc_chip
    triple_choc_chip Posts: 1,129
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    "most other people are just amazed that I put up with the situation as long as I did."

Yes, I'm one of those. I thought you were amazing because I knew I couldn't have done it. I think you're more amazing now of course and I already know you're strong enough to do it all on your own. Good luck for the future and big hugs x
    TTC
    Debt Free 🍾 since 6.8.13 £31,997
    Saving for🎄Xmas ☃️ 🎁 2024 £87/£365 23.8%
    6 mth 🆘 fund £6k
    Mortgage offset fund £22.4k/£88.7k
    It turns out the answer to my problems wasn’t at the bottom of this tub of icecream, 🍨 but the important thing is that I tried...
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    (((CCL)))

So pleased you are back.

I know its hard but you have done so well with life and before it was you and 3 children albeit one who occasionally contributed to the bills, now it is you and 2 kids (plus cats!!) - you can do this and we are all right here behind you.

I really think we live in a parallel universe - I wont derail your diary by posting what is going on in my life but will post about it on my diary but suffice to say - SNAP!!!!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sending you lots of hugs and teling you to stay off work for as long as the dr has signed you off for, please.

I don't know all the ins and outs but you have my total respect for a) enduring the situation for as long as you did, and b) making a decison and sticking to it.

Glad you have rejoined the turtles - I for one have missed you.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    :cry:cry::cry:
    You lot are gorgeous. You've brought me to tears, in a good way of course - I know that none of you know me in real life but I really do think of you all as my friends. You know what's going on (my side of things anyway) and you never, ever judge me - just support and help.
    EE - I've read your diary. Yet again, we are leading parallel lives. I'm shocked but not surprised. Sometimes, something just happens and all your plans are brought forward. I have been thinking for years about how I would get him out of the house if we broke up, and I was lucky enough that he did what he did, so I just had to make the decision that he wasn't coming back into the house. Please remember where I am, you can drop me a PM any time - we can help each other through it. My next step is to find a solicitor - but as he is of no fixed abode at the momet then that will delay things.
    So, I've had quite a productive day - although it was massively spendy in the end. My garden fence has needed replacing for a couple of years and I couldn't find anyone who would do it for less than £2000 (it is a lot of fence). A few weeks ago I noticed that my neighbours looked as though they were having fencing done so I spoke to them and agreed to share the cost of them replacing our shared bits of fence. It's £400 which I did have in savings, but it has hurt handing that over today. I know it's a bargain but it's almost half of my savings, and with my finances being so uncertain I didn't want to lose that cushion. Although, on the bright side, the fence will be done and dusted for a few years without me having to worry any more.
    Other than that, I caught up with last night's epidose of Grey's Anatomy and did some crochet, went out to vote in my council elections, and did a little bit of cooking. I just hate that I don't enjoy cooking and meal planning much. If it wasn't for the completely massive spend on the garden fence then I would have bagged a nsd. :rotfl:
    I'm feeling a lot better now than I was at the beginning of the week. If you'd seen me then, you only had to look at me and I would cry. Now I feel ready to move on and get on with my life. I've written an annoying jobs list that I've already started tackling - cleared out my outhouse tonight, much to the disgust of the cats. I can smell pee out there (unusual, but one of them might have been locked in there by accident), but no joy so far, apart from a full bag of recycling. Washing is in, I've sorted a cat sitter for when I take the kids to Alton Towers in a couple of weeks, and spoken to my lovely neighbours about keeping an eye on the place when I'm gone.
    Tomorrow I need to tackle some planning so that I'm ready for teaching when I get back to school next week.

Onwards! :beer:
    Well, I'm going to have a glass of wine, because I can. Cheers!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Enjoy the wine.
    Happy shiny diary to go with your new life.
    Keep plodding :)
    (I am a cat lover too!)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    So very happy to read your diary, so glad you are posting again and am happy to read you news. Must be damn near impossible to do but you are doing it. Brave brave lady

my yr 11s couldn't give a damn about the exams, God love them.

Big Love XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Whoop, well done you, everyone has a breaking point and he!!!8217;d been pushing against yours for years.

Life might be cheaper now as you won!!!8217;t need so many breaks to get out of the atmosphere
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • I have followed you for a while and don!!!8217;t ever comment, mainly as I!!!8217;m aware my opinion has differed from yours in the past, but I just wanted to say I believe for yourself and your children you have now made the right decision. I wish you all the luck and success.
    I also hope your husband decides to help himself too as it can boys be him that does it.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    CCL!!! Wowza. Just catching up.

I think I can speak on behalf of the regular readers of your previous thread when I say we were worried about your absence so I'm glad to see you back.

It's been a roller coaster. I think given your previous stress levels, you've managed this excellently and you should be immensely proud of yourself for making a very difficult decision. And the right decision too! Hopefully that euphoric feeling is addictive and lets your strive to feel great again. As you've said, it can be seen as the start of a new life. A clean slate. A fresh start.

We're here virtually to help in anyway that we can. So keep us posted and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Go you!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Never read your diary before , just decided I had a bit of time this morning so would take a peek. My oh my what a time you have had. I for one think you have done the right thing , we all reach a breaking point and you reached it.

The future is now in your hands , scary at first , but somehow peaceful if that makes sense. I found the light some 15 yrs ago , had 2 children as well . We survived , there were some rocks in the road but we smoothed them out.

My advice would be , don't do anything hastily , takes time to adjust to a different way of life. The best bit though is that you have peace of mind .

Have a lovely weekend and if you get back to work Tuesday then hope that goes well.

Ps Fellow cat person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport