Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What good ways do you have to relax?

I love a long walk.....
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • Green_Karen
    Options
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    Oh my days how stressful. We've been living in what feels like a building site since March - though we are finally getting there - it's really hard dealing with builders, etc - getting them to finsih anything is super stressful...

I know exactly what you mean, it's those last finishing bits that take the longest and are the most difficult to get them to do. Neither the builder, plumber, electrician, plasterer or the window fitter have completely finished.
    Luckily we aren't living in it as it is a new build, but no doubt it won't be finished when we move in (and never will be :))

I don't know how you have managed to live in it with all the dust and upheaval. But you're near the end now so can enjoy your success :T

5/7 AF days, can I log late for the school challenge of 4/4 as I started late. (Any success no matter how small makes me happy!
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    I don't know how you have managed to live in it with all the dust and upheaval. But you're near the end now so can enjoy your success :T

We probably have a month before we are completely finished, but the worst is behind us (I hope)....quite a few people have said to me that it's like childbirth - when it's all over you are happy and you forget about the pain...but tbh I think it will be a long while before I forget about the pain - I think I have PTSD :rotfl:

#FirstWorldProblems (IKR)
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 15/21 for me today please. :)

I went out to a party last night but am not in bad shape considering.
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The reason I am learning DIY is that I simply cannot stand having the builders around again, although I can't put a new boiler in or a woodburning stove, so both of those will have to be the professionals. OH loathes doing it, but can and will in fits and starts but generally does as little as he possibly can. Over breakfast he brightly suggested we get someone in to paint the front door and frame; I sort of lost it. Some things can wait until next year.

What good ways do you have to relax?

Thanks.

Reading in bed. Or the bath - which is why I can't be doing with a ki*dle.

19/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 20 August 2018 at 11:16AM
    Options
    Maman /4

Shaggydoo 1/5
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning all, 16/21 for me today please. Hey btw Shaggy I didn't go in for the school night challenge this week because I've got a do on Thursday night, so I figured that was no good? ... :(
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in for the School Night Challenge but will only manage 4 as didn't have the greatest of weekends, fell off the wagon in dramatic fashion....

Friday - Chinese takeaway
    Saturday - Kebab and 4 cans of beer
    Sunday - Cafe for breakfast, Chippy for tea, and 3 cans of beer

Not going to make any excuses, I failed miserably this weekend. Decorating Fri night then all day Sat and Sun so had no notion to cook and the drinking was more because they were available than anything else. Was supposed to be keeping them until the party this Sat so I'm double annoyed that I've cost myself more money in the long run too.

Just can't seem to stay focused on the weight loss goal. I need a boot up the !!!!!....

15/28 AFDs
    and still on:
    13/28 TAFDs :(
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    9/12 for today please Shaggy
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    cathybird wrote: »
    Morning all, 16/21 for me today please. Hey btw Shaggy I didn't go in for the school night challenge this week because I've got a do on Thursday night, so I figured that was no good? ... :(

No need to do the full monty - just shout out what you want to do...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure