Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Walked to school then work. Was only at work about 2 hours and had to come back to collect Dgd from school as she felt sick. I decided not to go back to work but work at home. Ended up with an urgent collection so had to go back with the customer to open up, and then had another customer collect from me at home. Spent the afternoon seeing an Upcycling job for a customer. Loved doing it, hope she likes it.
    But it was all hand sewing so my hands are aching now.
    The school is closed tomorrow so World book day is Monday. Looks like I will be making a costume afterall. As I don't think I will be opening the shop.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Mooloo I always had a painful neck after a trip to the dentist, then one day I commented that my neck was uncomfortable in his chair, and he offered me a pillow! I didn't know you could have a pillow! Anyway I said yes, and it made a huge difference. I always ask for a pillow at the dentist now :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Mooloo I always had a painful neck after a trip to the dentist, then one day I commented that my neck was uncomfortable in his chair, and he offered me a pillow! I didn't know you could have a pillow! Anyway I said yes, and it made a huge difference. I always ask for a pillow at the dentist now :)

I will ask next time.
    My neck and jaw ache still. Mind you the cold outside probably didn't help me today. I am warm etc now but realised that I am actually still wearing the layers I put on for work this morning! (Including pj trousers under my jeans!)
    BF got back from Austria safe and sound but didn't turn up tonight. When I messaged he didn't apologise for not telling me, he just said he had a restless night last night because he was itching. Apparently the grandchild is also itching and has a rash.
    He did mention coming tomorrow and I have said it depends if it's a virus or just a change of washing powder. I can't afford for me to get ill next. I will have lost a bit of money yet again today and will tomorrow Now School is closed and Dgd is not very well. I don't want to take her out in the elements to get cold and to have to hang around work for 7 hours.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Well I didn't set an alarm, because I didn't plan to go to work. Still woke at normal time.
    Last night my downstairs electric tripped. At first when everything went off I thought it was a power cut. But when I went to go upstairs I realised that it was only downstairs.
    Eventually I have narrowed it down to the kitchen electric sockets. So I put the fridge on the extension lead.
    This morning I am going to slowly add appliances until I see what is tripping everything.
    Wish me luck.
    I am staying home with Dgd today. I don't think I will be going anywhere as the wind would hurt dgds ears.
    Keep warm and safe everyone.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad that you are staying put.
    Hope DGD's rears improve soon.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    beanielou wrote: »

Haha!
    Love predictor texts!
  • beanielou
    beanielou wrote: »

Ooops:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    Afternoon.
    BF came over yesterday so we got a lift to work this morning. A couple of collections but no new work in, (phew). Two in for their lessons. But we were finished by 2.30 and walked home in the slush. Brought some fabric home to play with rather then work to do. The Upcycling job was collected. Lady was happy with it and I really enjoyed doing it.
    Bf has offered to come here tonight instead of us going there. I certainly would prefer that.
    Meanwhile feet up, cup of tea while I decide what I am going to do next.
  • beanielou
    Enjoy having your feet up & your cuppa :)

• Savvy_sewing
    I have enjoyed the last 24 hours or so.
    I was sewing when BF returned. I made two stag head cushion covers, and then I upcycled an old jacket into one of these new cape jackets that the celebrities are all wearing at the moment. Although mine is a work in progress as I was learning as I went along. Mine will need to be lined though.
    Just been given two carrier bags of clothing for dgd or my self, so I shall enjoy going through them in a bit.
    We swapped the TVs around as the one in the bedroom wasn't receiving any signal, so it is now downstairs with the sky plugged in, and the new tv which has WiFi, is in the bedroom and Dgd was watching a film on Netflix while I was downstairs doing the accounts on the laptop. She managed to spill 1/2 pint of water all over my bed!
    So I am going to have to make up my bed from scratch and dig out a spare duvet from storage before I go to sleep tonight.
    My brother has safely made the journey back to his home in France. Not much traffic on the roads and it took him just around 10 hours.
    Mum is fine, as they stocked up everything on Monday. I speak on Skype daily.
    Dgd is on antibiotics for her ears, and it's slow progress.
    Biggest is looking into blogging for me. My blog on blogger won't let me access it from my iPhone so I haven't used it for over a year.
    I have missed some of my Portuguese sessions lately so I have made sure I did some today, as I have a long way to go to be able to speak it. Better st reading it then speaking it.
    There is no plan yet for our return, I have a lot of savings to build first.
    Did I tell you that Biggest is expecting her third child in October?
    We can't say anything to the twins yet as too soon since one lost one and the other was disappointed that she wasn't pregnant when she wanted to be! ( I know eek!!!!)
    This evening then, what shall I do with myself?
    Other then make the bed, keep the washing moving (my bedding), and investigate the content of my freebie clothes bag.
    Maybe some more sewing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure