Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Comments

• Stuart_W wrote: »
    Well I think you're ahead of me then because I didn't get an email with a welcome pack and switch date, all I got was the automatic "Thanks for choosing us, we'll be in touch soon" email that is generated immediately after filling the online application in.

As it said that my switch will be completed in 21 days, I expected to hear something within that time with a switch date.

I'll keep waiting and see what happens.

That was the email I got straight after I signed up. The "welcome pack" was a PDF attachment which stated 9th Feb.
  • bellasis
    bellasis Posts: 19 Forumite
    Applied to join them in December 2017 and was sent welcome letter. On 8th January it was confirmed by them that the switch would take place on 12th January and I was to send our meter readings on that date to them.
    I received an email confirming that they had received them and that they had been applied to my account. On checking yesterday 5th February I find no meter readings recorded on my account with them and in fact I was still with my old supplier.
    Having tried several times to contact them on the telephone without success I am now trying to cancel my application for them to supply our energy.
  • If the switch doesn't happen then it doesn't happen and i'll just do a compare again.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to chase them up.
  • Well it's the 9th which was switch date for both gas and electricity according to the welcome pack PDF. Never been asked to supply closing/opening meter readings either.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If the switch doesn't happen then it doesn't happen and i'll just do a compare again.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to chase them up.

This is exactly where I am. Will wait and see what, if anything, happens. The Ebico SSE to Ebico RHE switch was long and drawn out, the story of small understaffed suppliers taking a while with admin seems to be a familiar one.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Actually the above wait-and-see plan didn't work.

I was attempting to get in to my Ebico account online (who I am moving from) to find my details didn't work and resetting the password didn't work either.

This forced me to call up Ebico, who advised my supply had been switched away from them on 4th Feb! They were waiting for a final meter reading from the new supplier.

Lord knows when Solarplicity were going to attempt to communicate this with me, or heaven help us actually ask for a meter read. I've had nothing.

Forced to call Solarplicity. They sent me a link to set up my account online and took a meter read.

Ebico wait time was 2 minutes.
    Solarplicity wait time was 21 minutes.

Let's hope they find sending bills a bit easier.

Also ordered my light bulbs today.

I suggest you attempt to log on to Ebico, Lee, and see what happens.
  • Stuart_W wrote: »
    Actually the above wait-and-see plan didn't work.

I was attempting to get in to my Ebico account online (who I am moving from) to find my details didn't work and resetting the password didn't work either.

This forced me to call up Ebico, who advised my supply had been switched away from them on 4th Feb! They were waiting for a final meter reading from the new supplier.

Lord knows when Solarplicity were going to attempt to communicate this with me, or heaven help us actually ask for a meter read. I've had nothing.

Forced to call Solarplicity. They sent me a link to set up my account online and took a meter read.

Ebico wait time was 2 minutes.
    Solarplicity wait time was 21 minutes.

Let's hope they find sending bills a bit easier.

Also ordered my light bulbs today.

I suggest you attempt to log on to Ebico, Lee, and see what happens.

Just logged into my account with Ebico as normal and my gas account with Bristol. No signs of any switching there.

I registered an account with Solarplicity on the 9th and sent them an email via the online account but as of now still no reply.
  • Moving from Ebico got my welcome email too

way I see it is .... will keep a note of my last date/readings from Ebico

Then just forget all about it and put my monthly monies away in a regular savings account !

The longer they take the better.... no DD, so why should i worry :)
  • Guna
    Guna Posts: 28 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2018 at 4:57PM
    Similar story here.
    Switched my dual fuel to them in September with the account to go live on October the 12th. In November my old supplier sent me a gas bill. As it turned out Solarplicity never took over my gas supply as they didn't have a phone number for the second name on the account which not only they didn't feel necessary to ask when I switched over the phone, but they also failed to contact me to resolve this. Eventually, they rescheduled a takeover for the 1st of December.
    Naturally, on the 1st, I rang to check and was assured that all is done. To date, they failed to invoice me for gas and don't appear to have any record of my meter technical data. Again, nobody contacted me about that and they blame my old supplier despite the fact that they promptly closed my account and never seemed to encounter any issues on a national database in all our time with them.
    Solarplicity also overestimated my opening electricity reading despite me providing them with both opening reading on the day of a switch and the copy of the bill from my old supplier. When my partner rang up he was told that it was "very little money" that was overcharged. Yes, but it is our money, thank you.
    Light bulbs were sent to the wrong address and a customer service advisor blamed me for entering my details wrong (I previously rang up and made sure they had the correct address as I was waiting for my parcel for 6 weeks). I had to chase a delivery company to find out where my parcel was sent to (the building that doesn't even exist) and I only had a photograph from the courier to rely on for clues.
    What else... no replies to any emails, every time I speak to an advisor I get a different version of events. Hopefully, we are now over the last hurdle - I just can't see how many things this company can mess up.
    I am sticking with them for now, simply because they don't charge standing fees. As a low consumption household, our standing charge is often as much as two-thirds of our bill in Summer. I am hoping other suppliers will pull their socks up and start offering competitive rates so that I can leave this poor excuse of a company.

P.S. When I rang up today to follow up on my gas meter readings I was asked by an advisor who my current supplier was... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Mortgage £8472.53
    Student Loan £44156.09
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thinking about moving to these and looked into the free bulbs. Noticed this on the order page, not sure if its been mentioned before,
    https://solarplicity.com/led-order-form/
    Terms and conditions apply.
    We reserve the right to charge an LED surcharge of £30 if you terminate your contract within 1 year of the contract start date. By clicking "submit" you acknowledge that you agree to pay this surcharge if you terminate your contract within this time period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure