Leaving higher paid job for less

2»

Comments

• theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,295 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Your choice isn't just between these two jobs - do include lots of other jobs in your consideration. Have a look at ads, chat to your friends about what might suit you.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I think if your current job is affecting you to the degree you are in tears on a regular basis, you need to find a new job.

You may find it a good idea to think about what your strengths are, and what elements of your job you feel confident in, and might enjoy elsewhere.

I am not sure that you'd find dealing with impatient cafe patrons easier - while getting on well with your colleagues would be a plus, it doesn't sound as though you've every done any work there at a busy time, or under pressure.

You might want to look at other office jobs, where your experience will be useful.

And of course if you try the cafe and it doesn't work out, you could still apply for other office jobs in another 6 -12 months, you're still young enough that a false start or to isn't the end of the world.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure