Lifetime ISA unknown situation

Options
Hello all, I am considering investing into a lifetime Isa to save for a deposit for my first home. However, I suffer with health conditions which may impact on my ability to continue working and even result in me not being fit enough to work. If this happens I have been informed I should be entitled to take early retirement on health/medical reasons. Therefore if this was the case my question is- Could I use money within my 'LISA' to receive a bonus to my retirement income or would the rules still apply for this i.e. 60+ to use LISA for retirement.

Thank you

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If your health condition means you may not be able to work you may need to declare this to your lender as part of your mortgage application.

If you do not use the LISA to support a qualifying property purchase then you cannot withdraw without penalty until age 60 - unless you are confirmed to have less than 12 months life expectancy.

Also be aware having accessable savings (such as a LISA) may affect your entitlement to certain benefits.

Alex
  • Col2018
    Options
    Alexland, Thank you very much for your reply/advice, I thought your explanation was the case but thought I would inquiry if my feeling was correct so did not miss out on anything. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure