Solarplicity: Add your feedback

Options

Comments

• JacobusReesusMoggus
    Options
    Solarplicity supplied me with Dual fuel for a year at the end of the year I switched away. I gave the final meter readings to the new provider and received a bill. This arrived around the time of my DDR going out and lo and behold I find that I'm a whole months premium out of pocket.
    Previously when switching the old supplier has credited outstanding monies within a reasonable time. On checking the meter readings on the bill I noticed they had an estimate down for the Elec but the correct one for Gas. I tried contacting the single helpline but was put on hold, with the most awful music repeating every 20 seconds, for 35 minutes without anyone answering. Not good enough. I've tried the only other way of contacting them, e-mail, and await the outcome.
  • Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Flt._Lt._Biggles Posts: 300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 May 2018 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Solarplicity supplied me with Dual fuel for a year at the end of the year I switched away. I gave the final meter readings to the new provider and received a bill. This arrived around the time of my DDR going out and lo and behold I find that I'm a whole months premium out of pocket.
    Previously when switching the old supplier has credited outstanding monies within a reasonable time. On checking the meter readings on the bill I noticed they had an estimate down for the Elec but the correct one for Gas. I tried contacting the single helpline but was put on hold, with the most awful music repeating every 20 seconds, for 35 minutes without anyone answering. Not good enough. I've tried the only other way of contacting them, e-mail, and await the outcome.

How are you a whole months premium out of pocket?

Suppliers are allowed 6 weeks from an actual switch date to create a final bill, and then typoically take another couple of weeks to refund you (or you pay them as the case may be), meaning it could be a couple of months before you get any refund of credit accrued.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's been 6 weeks since I've left them and still no bill.
  • Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Options
    It's been 6 weeks since I've left them and still no bill.

We got our final bill within 48 hours of leaving them.

... but then we also gave our meter reading direct rather than waiting for the new supplier to pass them back.
  • armith
    armith Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't know if anyone else has had a letter from them today. Basically it says they're sorry for the terrible customer (non) service so far and they've put in a load of fixes to get it right. Hopefully this will turn out to be true.

Like everyone else I had problems - basically I couldn't enter any readings in their website and I never had a bill from day one. I tried phoning - no answer - emailing - no answer. I was concerned but the lights at home didn't go out so it wasn't a crisis. I chose to pay on receipt of bill so they weren't direct-debiting my account. Finally the website allowed readings, which I entered - and almost immediately got my first bill. Fortunately, because the prices are so cheap, it wasn't unaffordable (and it was correct). I've since entered my second set of readings and got another bill (entering a metre reading seems to trigger a bill!) and that's correct too.

It will take a while before the bond of trust is built up with them but I am willing to stick with them as long as the prices are good - I like the renewable energy ethos as well as the prices.
  • fabsaver
    fabsaver Posts: 1,275 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    armith wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone else has had a letter from them today. Basically it says they're sorry for the terrible customer (non) service so far and they've put in a load of fixes to get it right. Hopefully this will turn out to be true.

Like everyone else I had problems - basically I couldn't enter any readings in their website and I never had a bill from day one. I tried phoning - no answer - emailing - no answer. I was concerned but the lights at home didn't go out so it wasn't a crisis. I chose to pay on receipt of bill so they weren't direct-debiting my account. Finally the website allowed readings, which I entered - and almost immediately got my first bill. Fortunately, because the prices are so cheap, it wasn't unaffordable (and it was correct). I've since entered my second set of readings and got another bill (entering a metre reading seems to trigger a bill!) and that's correct too.

It will take a while before the bond of trust is built up with them but I am willing to stick with them as long as the prices are good - I like the renewable energy ethos as well as the prices.
    Yes I've had the letter and also got my first bills from them this week. They were taking my money by direct debit and I hadn't tried contacting them.

The letter was dated 27 April but only just received. There was a post on here yesterday about customer services not responding, so I'm not sure they are quite there yet. It's a step in the right direction I suppose.

At least there's no sign of a price increase...yet. They'll have to pay for all those extra customer service staff somehow.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    at least people arent getting letters saying they are increasing their prices for existing customers

just appears to be new customers at the moment
  • BlueberryGeezer
    Options
    I switched to them based on MSE and all went well until the end of the contract. Tried contacting them a number of times via email to no avail. I finally got a response but this was after the contract had expired. Fortunately, they gave me a 30 day grace period to change suppliers - they only offered their standard rate which was twice what I had been paying. On the whole I would rate them a 5 out of 10.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    Inigo_Montoya Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2018 at 5:25PM
    Options
    I've been with Solarplicity since last August and everything has gone smoothly until today!

I always submit my meter readings via their online portal each month to keep my bills accurate.

Today I was able to submit my electricity meter reading as normal. But there is no longer any option to submit a gas reading and all trace of my gas usage has disappeared from their website? It's as though they are only supplying my electricity and not gas.

If anyone receives gas & electricity from Solarplicity I would be interested to know if this is a fault affecting everyone, or just me?

Thanks

had a similiar issue - my account went missing then re-appeared a few months later

the only thing I would recommend is that you cancel any direct debit you have set up as that auto switches you to pay on receipt so you wont end up building up a lot of credit on your account due to them not charging you for your gas

my latest issue with these clowns is that I switched fron gas only to duel fuel with them but they didnt close the old gas account down so im probably now been charged twice for my gas since both accounts will generate a bill for the same gas
  • qwertyuioop
    Options
    I was in the middle of switching to Solarplicity but after the initial emails everything went quiet.

After a few weeks I emailed: no response.

After a few more weeks I rang them. After about fifteen minutes on hold, with their extremely loud and annoying hold tune, I was cut off. I rang again and the same thing happened! On my final try, it took about twenty minutes in the queue before I finally got to talk to someone. At this point I found out that my previous supplier had cancelled my switch! Obviously the cancellation is nothing to with Solarplicity but I think I dodged a bullet by not switching to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure