Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally

Comments

• I find that storage gives me places to stash clutter. I'm better off without it as I do eventually get round to getting rid.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hope you have a lovely Saturday saunter HHOD. Sounds like you have lots of new authors to look out for!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your Saturday saunter :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Have a great day HHOD xx
    Mummytogirls x

• I find that storage gives me places to stash clutter. I'm better off without it as I do eventually get round to getting rid.

It's true as a general principal that storage encourages cluttering (new verb :D).

But I refuse to get rid of my books, so I desperately need more bookcases and shelves for them. We also don't have a shed or garage so have nowhere to store decorating stuff or garden tools, so as a consequence they're all crammed into the cupboard under the stairs :eek:.
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 April 2018 at 2:18PM
    Hope you have a lovely Saturday saunter HHOD. Sounds like you have lots of new authors to look out for!
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your Saturday saunter :)
    Have a great day HHOD xx

Thanks all, I did enjoy my Saturday saunter :D.

I did well on the book front. I got 'A Great Reckoning' by Louise Penny (£3 from The W0rks, their books have gone up in price :eek: but it was brand new and the latest in the series). Then I got a nice edition of 'Dead Man's Folly' for 50p and good copy of 'A Banquet of Consequences' by Elizabeth George for £1.50 :D. I'm delighted with those :T.

I also got a book called 'Stop Thinking Start Living' by Richard Carlson (author of 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff') for £1.50 to hide away for DH's birthday in June.

I got a six pack of pansies from the market for £1.80 for tomorrow's planned gardening marathon. Apart from that it was the usual £2.20 bus and £2.65 in Costalot. Then I spent £8ish in Mr T on bananas, berries, spinach, chocolate for DS1 and cheese. I also got another £1 punnet of grapes from the fruit stall.

A bit of a spendy day but got a good haul I think.

The rest of today is going to be spent cleaning out the furry moron, emptying all the bins and doing laundry. It's a lovely suuny day again :).

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Beautiful day here - washing on the line, lunch sitting outside, hubby mowing, rhubarb threatening to poke the lid off the forcer (his rather unusual Xmas present) - all the lovely little things in life. Happy sunny Saturday to all xx
  • Thet sounds idyllic Elizabeth :).
  • Oh my goodness, I just sneezed while reading your post, and through squinted, blurry post-sneeze eyes, I thought you bought a six pack of penises from the market :rotfl::rotfl::o Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Oh my goodness, I just sneezed while reading your post, and through squinted, blurry post-sneeze eyes, I thought you bought a six pack of penises from the market :rotfl::rotfl::o Xx

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I don't think they sell penises at the market Lucky, although to be fair I've never asked :eek::eek::eek::eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure