The Money Diet: 1p Amazon

I have found Martin's book ("The Money Diet: Step-by-step Guide to Saving Money") for 1p :eek: (used) on Amazon, with £2.75 delivery. Sounds good! :beer: (total £2.76).

I have ordered it, and will see whether it arrives; it's not from Amazon themselves but from a third-party seller (allune) - with good feedback.

I decided to purchase the book because I'd prefer to read paper, and not text on screen, however, I will check for updated information on this website!

I had no idea Martin had written any books until I saw one today in WHSmiths.

I will let you know what condition it arrives!
"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
- Epicurus (341 BC - 270 BC)

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,035
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    The condition should have been stated when you ordered, Amazon allow categories starting from 'new' working down through 'like new', 'very good', 'good' or 'acceptable'. Woth Amazon marketplace you also have the right to return the book within 7 days if the quality is not as stated.

Amazon marketplace is a great place for books, but then I'm prejudiced as I both buy and sell on there!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Karl.H_2
    Karl.H_2 Posts: 310 Forumite
    Yes, the condition was stated as 'good' I believe.
    Thanks for the advice, I didn't realise I only had 7 days to return.
    How would you define 'good'; I mean surely there shouldn't be pages missing! I'm expected dints, scratches, and maybe lines on the spine where it has been well read.
    "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."
  • Karl.H_2
    Received the book today. In good condition as described!
    If you want this book I suggest buying it now!!!
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Karl.H wrote: »
    Yes, the condition was stated as 'good' I believe.

How would you define 'good'; I mean surely there shouldn't be pages missing! I'm expected dints, scratches, and maybe lines on the spine where it has been well read.

Amazon Marketplace has set criteria for their condition ratings.

You can see them all HERE

'Good' is described as: a copy that has been read but remains in clean condition. All pages are intact and the cover is intact (including dust cover, if applicable). The spine may show signs of wear.

Glad you enjoyed the book! www.greenmetropolis.com is another good site to buy second-hand books with a flat fee of £3.75 per paperback including postage! :)
  • Karl.H_2
    Thanks jo_b. I have enjoyed it; I have read it pretty much front-to-back. I got the newest Money Diet from the library to see what's new and look for updated articles. I will check out that site.
  • jo_b_2
    jo_b_2 Posts: 7,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Karl.H wrote: »
    I got the newest Money Diet from the library to see what's new and look for updated articles. I will check out that site.

That's even better moneysaving! ;) Martin has written another book too - "Thrifty Ways for Modern Days" based on the Moneysaving Old Style forum on this site.

You might want to see whether your library has got a copy of that too. :)
  • Karl.H_2
    Well ahead. I couldn't see it on the shelf, so I got The Money Diet instead. I originally went in to look for the book I got out, so wasn't disappoint. By the way, my library is a small town library; I was pleasantly surprised they even had Martin's book.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I've just got my copy of "The Money Diet" for £2.50 + £2.00 postage on eBay. The best price on Amazon was £3.00 + £2.75 postage.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • try http://www.greenmetropolis.com/ most books are £3.75 inc delivery, and the condition is rated when you buy. Seems a good way to recycle and get new (used) books :)

Ian

edit, 1 copy in stock: http://www.greenmetropolis.com/book.asp?id=803109&author=Lewis+Martin&title=Money%20Diet
    Student Moneysaving Expert :beer:
  • Karl.H_2
    try http://www.greenmetropolis.com/ most books are £3.75 inc delivery, and the condition is rated when you buy. Seems a good way to recycle and get new (used) books :)

Ian

edit, 1 copy in stock: http://www.greenmetropolis.com/book.asp?id=803109&author=Lewis+Martin&title=Money%20Diet

Thanks very much. The next time I need a book I will be sure to check it out!
    I like the way the delivery charge is free, most book shops, including second-hand books don't give free delivery. :T
    I might even consider selling books on that site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport