PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    klew356 wrote: »
    What is b&h?

Bayliss & Harding....range of toiletries that thinks it is better than it is! Bit of an in-joke on this thread. Nobody seems to like the stuff but it seems to often be bought as a gift and then gets re-cycled to the charity shops.
  • Hello ��
    Can I join you? I beyond love Charity shopping and I have just read some of the thread!
    I was wondering how to fill my afternoon and have decided to have a mooch this afternoon around my local shops!
    I will report back my findings!
    Over and out...
    Annie
  • Miró
    Horwich_7 wrote: »
    Hello ��
    Can I join you? I beyond love Charity shopping and I have just read some of the thread!
    I was wondering how to fill my afternoon and have decided to have a mooch this afternoon around my local shops!
    I will report back my findings!
    Over and out...
    Annie

Hi and welcome :wave: Hope you find some amazing bargains....do report back!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just went for a mooch and nothing. Glad in a way! Went round last week and saw loads of things. Amazing how that happens! There was a 'everything £2' sale on at one but just tat.

Am keeping my eye out for some newish size 6 winter boots that can be worn to work. Probably a bit of a unicorn in chazza shops but I live in hope :)
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mir! wrote: »
    Bayliss & Harding....range of toiletries that thinks it is better than it is! Bit of an in-joke on this thread. Nobody seems to like the stuff but it seems to often be bought as a gift and then gets re-cycled to the charity shops.

lol, i totally get what you all mean ! :rotfl:
  • Miró
    MandM90 wrote: »

Am keeping my eye out for some newish size 6 winter boots that can be worn to work. Probably a bit of a unicorn in chazza shops but I live in hope :)

Don't give up hope! I've just seen 2 pairs of brand new M & S black real leather boots in a chazza - one pair size 6 and the other 7. Look a bit like smart DM's, lace up fronts with a buckled strap, a fur trim round the ankle and fur lined (faux fur of course), £9.99. I'm sure I saw them instore last year priced at around £79.99.

Just a couple of small but delightful purchases today. The community chazza had a big basket of brand new stationery items, (I just lurve stationery/notebooks/fancy paper etc). Got a teeny notebook about 2" x 3" with a gold embossed Moroccan stylee patterned cover with a jewelled magnetic clasp. Each of the pages has a similar pattern in the bottom corners. Price tag attached for £3. Also got a really cute set of mini sticky notes. (No more boring post it's!) It features 11 different whimsical designs, all to do with Paris, and best of all, they come in a tiny pocket sized folder. They are super tiny and super cute, perfect for a stationery hoarder! Each item was 25p. I bought them thinking they would be good to give as gifts but I suspect I will be unable to part with them!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,151 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Bewdley this morning:

Saltrock t shirt for son1, as new

Boden Breton Top for, brand new with tags on

Both £4
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MandM90 wrote: »
    Just went for a mooch and nothing.
    Sometimes it's an itch that just has to be scratched though.

Occasionally I've just had a strong feeling that if I visit a given chazzer on a given day, I'll manifest what I've been divining...and I have :dance:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Sometimes it's an itch that just has to be scratched though.

Occasionally I've just had a strong feeling that if I visit a given chazzer on a given day, I'll manifest what I've been divining...and I have :dance:

Ooooh will have to try that.

Am keeping eyes peeled for boots and more John Boyne books, after having read two and absolutely adoring them.

There were loads of Bernard Cornwells and Philippa Gregorys calling to me today but I have a backlog to catch up with...so I'm holding out for the rarer John Boynes. Came back and told my (35yr older than me) boss's boss and she gave me a look and said I'm an old lady in a millenial's body :rotfl:
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    I can't decide whether to divulge the location of my superb haul today, at the risk of starting a stampede, not to mention upping the competition! But here goes... if any of you can get to Wigan, do try the YMCA shop in the town centre. It has "Everything 99p" on the window, but at the back of the shop are a few rails of things that allegedly may have a mark or be sub-standard in some way, for 50p. All these things are on blue hangers, to differentiate them from the 99p stock on red ones.

Anyway today they were doing two of these items for 50p! Must be trying to make room for new stock or something.

So - for the grand total of £1 :j I came home with a pair of Matalan jeans (my favourite brand for a good fit) in my size, just needed taking up an inch, a pair of Next navy linen trousers, perfect fit don't even need shortening, a White Stuff sports teeshirt and a New Look lightweight teeshirt. I also got a M&S teeshirt from the 99p rails, and in another shop a Viz-a-Viz teeshirt for £1. A whole holiday wardrobe for £3 :T . I love those very fine cotton tee's that fold small for packing and weigh next to nothing, and always buy them when I see them. Hit the jackpot today! Incidentally, I can't see a single flaw on any of the four blue hanger items, so they are totally not tat.

Don't all descend on Wigan at once! :rotfl: To be fair, I have been in that shop and left empty handed on occasions, so it just depends what they have in stock when you go.
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport