Grant of Confirmation

Comments

• sheb
    sheb Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Thanks to one and all for the information in this thread. It seems to be so useful it has prompted me to register. Unfortunately, this means I have no idea how to use the software so please forgive...

I have offered to assist my father's widow with this process but I fear I have bitten off more than I can chew if the forms have to be completed in a particular way.

TcpnT, I would so appreciate sight of an example form but I have no idea how to 'PM you my email address'.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,010 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    sheb wrote: »

TcpnT, I would so appreciate sight of an example form but I have no idea how to 'PM you my email address'.

Click on TcpnT's name on the left hand side of the post and select 'send a PM'.
  • Jk523
    Jk523 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Can I ask is the info for docquet written on a separate sheet and attached to the will of written on the will itself
  • JoeM65
    JoeM65 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi TcpnT. I am new to MSE. I have been struggling to complete a Confirmation for my Mum’s estate. This forum has given more information than every other place put together.

If I PM you my email address would you be able to assist by sending the anonymised copies of the application forms?

Thanks
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    No problem. Just PM me.
  • I know this is an old thread but the information it contains has been very helpful in me being successful in attaining confirmation from Paisley sheriff court. If I can be of assistance to anybody just ask.
  • TcpnT wrote: »
    If you PM me your email address I can send you anonymised copies of the application forms as completed by a solicitor in 2018. They may not cover your exact situation but the formatting and wording will be helpful. I have sent them to a couple of others further up the thread and they have found them useful.

Hi TcpnT, would it be possible for you to forward anonymised copies of the application forms that you submitted with your Grant of Confirmation.

I'm currently trying to complete the application for my Dads estate and it is such a minefield therefore any assistance / previous examples of accepted application would be greatly appreciated.
  • TcpnT
    TcpnT Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi TcpnT, would it be possible for you to forward anonymised copies of the application forms that you submitted with your Grant of Confirmation.

Sure. Just PM me your email address.
  • Firstly, many thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread - the process would have been impossible without it. Special thanks to TcpnT who kindly provided anonymised forms which I followed slavishly. Despite this, however, my forms were returned for amendment and I'm still not really sure why my situation was different from the example but I think I should add this to the body of work in the thread...

In the example, it was clear that there was property involved but the Inventory entry under Heritable Estate in Scotland stated 'None' and gave a zero value. This was the approach I used too because I assumed that was the approach to take if, "there were words of survivorship in the title to the property, the property will normally pass to the survivor without the need for Confirmation" as per page 7 of the Notes. The disposition in the General Register of Sasines did include the phrase "and to the survivor of them..."

However, my form was returned for amendment because, according to the Sheriff Court, my father's "share of the heritable property should be included in the inventory, and totals increased accordingly". I then used the wording provided by NiceD on 10 Feb 15 as the basis for describing the property and Confirmation was granted.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I wonder if the reason I had to include it was so that they could determine the fee, but it could just be that I haven't understood the intricacies of this most arcane system and process. I have to say I am mightily relieved that this is the only time I will have to deal with the Scottish system but thanks again to everyone who made it possible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback