Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 12

Comments

• Cuilean
    Cuilean Posts: 731 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    chickp wrote: »
    On a side note, I read up on the CB study materials earlier. Blimey - there's a lot to do! I'm wishing I hadn't bothered now.

Agreed, chickp! I have 9 days left to go on it, and I'm so over it already. Quite one thing to POAS, but daily peeing in a pot, logging BD, doing the march to the post office with a litre of pee and trying not to look dodgy - argh! Trying to imagine the conversation if I get pulled over by the police. "What's in the envelope, officer? Pee, mixed with mysterious chemicals" :laugh:

Sort of dragging myself along by hoping that whatever they're getting from this is going to help develop a product which will help some struggling woman somewhere get her BFP.
    © Cuilean 2005. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    2ba3c wrote: »
    Congratulations me-charlotte! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you, and hope to get lucky enough to see you on the pregnancy boards! x

I think I am officially 1DPO today, after the pic uploaded on Weds, we inseminated (I can't really say DTD?) on Thursday and then !!!!!! it, wouldn't you know I got a positive OPK on Friday AND Saturday. So its say possibly ovulation Sat, or Sunday?

Timing is totally off, I know they can linger around, but I'm not feeling it. Oh well - let's call this one a practise run!

Has anybody else had a positive OPK on to days? I suppose this is what you run the risk of when you use an internet cheapie?

In other news, when we did meet up with the donor this week (our babysitter had canceled at the last minute so rather than lose the hotel room, we took the kids and planneda military operation as to how we would get around this issue). While he was doing the business in the room, I tried to shuffle them out of the car park and into the hotel for some ice cream in the restaurant, except - he is apparently the quickest bloody you-know-whatsit in the history of the WORLD - and he came out and passed us in the hallway.

Not quite the way I would have hoped the 'meeting' would have taken place!

Me! I posted the same thing earlier in the day, no idea what it means! I also got a positive opk today so it's three days in row for me, not sure if I'll be able to persuade oh to dtd today, but fingers crossed he will agree!
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    2ba3c wrote: »
    Congratulations me-charlotte! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you, and hope to get lucky enough to see you on the pregnancy boards! x

I think I am officially 1DPO today, after the pic uploaded on Weds, we inseminated (I can't really say DTD?) on Thursday and then !!!!!! it, wouldn't you know I got a positive OPK on Friday AND Saturday. So its say possibly ovulation Sat, or Sunday?

Timing is totally off, I know they can linger around, but I'm not feeling it. Oh well - let's call this one a practise run!

Has anybody else had a positive OPK on to days? I suppose this is what you run the risk of when you use an internet cheapie?

In other news, when we did meet up with the donor this week (our babysitter had canceled at the last minute so rather than lose the hotel room, we took the kids and planneda military operation as to how we would get around this issue). While he was doing the business in the room, I tried to shuffle them out of the car park and into the hotel for some ice cream in the restaurant, except - he is apparently the quickest bloody you-know-whatsit in the history of the WORLD - and he came out and passed us in the hallway.

Not quite the way I would have hoped the 'meeting' would have taken place!

Last month I had two definite positive days on my internet cheapie OPK, and day 3 I would have thought was positive if I hadn't had pictures of the two before to compare and see that it was slightly less strong (hope that makes sense - I'm half asleep, sorry!) xx
  • ThinkPink
    ThinkPink Posts: 893 Forumite
    Roz_V wrote: »
    Last month I had two definite positive days on my internet cheapie OPK, and day 3 I would have thought was positive if I hadn't had pictures of the two before to compare and see that it was slightly less strong (hope that makes sense - I'm half asleep, sorry!) xx

That makes.sense,.and I did another opk a bit later.and it definitely wasn't as strong a positive as before, so I'm thinking I'm going for 0dpo yesterday, so 1dpo today (will update in pink later!!).
  • MancMama4
    MancMama4 Posts: 623 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2015 at 1:28PM
    Still don't feel like I've ov'd yet and Day 16 today... cm isn't indicating anything, need to POAS later and see... is there a chance I could've missed it?! Either by not testing at the right time or just haven't ov'd this month?! (Update - I tested... no smiley face)

So disappointing if so as we have been doing the SMEP religiously so loads of BDing!!!

Frustration setting in today!

In other news, I rejoined Slimming World last night to give me something else to obsess about... is anyone else trying to lose weight whilst TTC?
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • MancMama, I'm joining Slimming World tonight! Have piled on the pounds since coming off the pill - and I don't think this super long cycle is helping either, feel huge and bloated :( My struggle is comfort eating - PCOS treatment requires cutting way down on sugar, but this ttc business is so hard that sometimes I just crack :/

Re ovulation, the LH surge can be very short, so you might have missed it with tests, even taking them daily. Your ov date will also depend not only on your cycle length, but also your normal luteal phase length - two women with perfectly regular 28 day cycles might ovulate one on day 12 and one on day 18, and both would be perfectly normal. I would recommend temping, if you can, as I find it really helps - I had loads of ewcm and other ov signs at day 26-ish this cycle, and it was only through temps (and lack of AF) that I could be sure it didn't happen then and did in fact happen around day 66.

I would keep bding for now, I hope it happens soon!
  • MancMama4
    BR you are brill, thank you, that puts my mind at rest actually as it is possible it could have happened at weekend as I felt "wetter" (sorry TMI), hot flush-y and was only testing once a day, not always at the same time... maybe I did miss it?! I'll try not worry and keep BDing for now... thermometer on order for next month though! Plus some IC OPKs and HPTs, its a dear do this otherwise!!

Have you done SW before? I have previously and lost 2 and a half stone for my wedding 3 years ago, I've put about a stone back on so would like to lose that and then think about tackling the rest.... (couple more stone...). It can only help us with TTC right?! I am a comfort eater too, well, more of an emotional eater really - if I'm super happy I eat, if I'm super sad I eat!

Good luck tonight and if you need any meal ideas etc give me a shout I have loads :j
    MancMama4 (35) TTC since Apr 15, MMC Dec 15, Our Rainbow Baby Charlie arrived Dec 16 :heart2:
  • kellykins
    kellykins Posts: 912 Forumite
    Winner of June BFP -(3) nobody

July BFP!

LittleMoog - BFP 2/7/15 :j:j
    HighlandLass-BFP 5/7/15:j:j
    me-charlotte - 12/7/15:j:j

July BFP predictions

HighlandLass:3
    ThinkPink: 5
    Kellykins: 6

Thread Graduates

devildolly5 - 13/5/15
    Pinkshoes -18/5/15
    michbright-25/5/15
    maire1- 7/6/15
    T-Sil-14/6/15
    Jelly Box- 29/6/15
  • kellykins
    kellykins Posts: 912 Forumite
    Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD76 Skaps-55DPO :cool:
    CD40 Mortgage Reduction Novice-23DPO :cool:
    CD30 chickp- 13DPO :cool:
    CD28 cats2012-10DPO :cool:
    CD74 Black Ribboner-8DPO :cool:
    CD20 jtr2803- 3DPO :cool:
    CD21 2ba3c-3DPO :cool:

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD83 Snapping_crocodile-Awaiting ov :o
    CD78 pinkshoes- Awaiting ov :o
    CD64 babyb06- Awaiting ov :o
    CD44 JellyBox- Awaiting ov :o
    CD40 me-charlotte-Awaiting ov :o
    CD38 saver-j-Awaiting ov :o
    CD38 ThePug-Awaiting ov :o
    CD33 MovingUp- Awaiting ov :o
    CD27 Lemon Tree-Awaiting ov :o
    CD26 ThinkPink- Awaiting ov :o
    CD26 Cuilean-Awaiting ov :o
    CD25 fairydust15 -Awaiting ov :o
    CD19 Roz_V-Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 aileth- Awaiting ov :o
    CD16 MancMama4- Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Kellykins - Awaiting ov :o
    CD14 Vampiric Addiction- Awaiting ov :o
    CD12 lulu 92- Awaiting ov :o
    CD11 Milliebob-Awaiting ov :o
    CD10 ncsmummy - Awaiting ov :o

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD5 Toots14-Awaiting ov :o
    CD4 cyantist-Awaiting ov :o
    CD3 ellesbellesxxx- Awaiting ov :o

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    sunnydayz
    Vince Vaughn
    Bluegreen143
    4nnabella
    Crystal85
    Hollydog
    Keepergirl
    flower10
    Hbex

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)
  • MancMama4
    CD17 and... I have ov'd! Last test in box as well, almost didn't bother and I could hardly get enough out (tmi) to test but managed it... and the smiley.

So as per SMEP, 3 nights of BDing now before poor husband can have a night off. Managed to BD last night also so timing is right, just hope I have enough time before AF for something to stick...

Sending baby dust around and hoping for more BFPs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure