PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• kezlou
    kezlou Posts: 3,283 Forumite
    Hi all,

Helen please could i declare my budget for £143.93and could set £200 for this months budget.
    Its xmas so no doubt will spend more :rolleyes: as the kids are off for nearly 2 weeks:o.
    Will try and attempt to keep a running total on here, had it on paper and it was a nightmare.

Thanks hun x

Mrs M hope your well xx
  • Hi just a quickie, I fell off the wagon towards the end of October and November :mad:but want to jump back on, so for December can you put me down for £300.00 please :j
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • im in for £400 for December

a big thank you to everyone who takes the time to organise this thread and the posters who come up with such good help and advice.

wishing everyone as stress-free december as possible
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Morning All

2 small spends to report. £4.98 on a McD0nalds for hungover DH yesterday. He can't cope like he used to , must be his age:D and 59p on some stock cubes.

I was thinking yesterday as I made tea how happier and more relaxed I feel now that I have done a big stock up shop on Saturday morning than when I was using up the cupboards and freezer last month? What a saddo I am:o

Very impressed with the contents of the 12.5kg sack of spuds I got from Mr M for £3. Lots of big ones and they still have soil on them so they will keep better.

XS
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Hello everyone,

My budget for this month is £80, had a disaster of a month last month so this month we have got to get back on track.

I'm on day off tomorrow so instead of just doing all the usual cleaning stuff, i'm going to sort through my kitchen cupboards and try meal planning.

I think i'm going to try an internet shop this month as well, where we live the only supermarket in our town is Mr S and its a small one so the 20 odd mile round trip going to one of the bigger ones isn't really worth it when you can get it all online and delivered. (the oh doesn't have to moan about going round the shop then)

I'm just going to use Mr S for whoopsies and last minute things.

Sorry for the long post
  • elizabunny
    elizabunny Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    Morning all!

Yesterday cooked Sunday roast for DS1 and family who were visiting us and after my Saturday cooking spree, feeling a bit tired today so, I think it will be something quick for dinner tonight. My conscience is pricking me because I planned on oven chips with something, but I know I can do better than that if I had the inclination:D.

I have my MrL voucher for £5 to spend today, so must have a shop later and try and get a few more bit for Xmas.

Also I need to make a list of what I have already bought/ordered so that I don't overdo the shopping I'm very good at that.

Have a good day everyone!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 7 Member 022 :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin
    5:2 Diet started 28/1/2013 only 13lbs lost due to Xmas 2013 blip.
  • jackie_w
    jackie_w Posts: 1,077
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

Today I went to Mr A and spent £12.14 on the following:-

3kg bag pasta £3.32
    2ltrs Arla Milk £1.00
    Sweets for LO £0.32
    Spring onions £0.68
    Thomas yogurts £0.98
    Squashums £1.89 (yogurts)
    Reduced 6 tomatoes £0.57
    8 good stuff bananas £1.38
    12 Gala Apples £2.00

Do these prices seem ok?

When I came back home, I realised that I will probably need to buy diluting juice, theres hardly any left, and the kids drink that at tea time, and DH takes some to work with him. I cant complain, if I didnt have this, he would end up buying fizzy juice and that would cost more money.

Im really hoping I wont need to buy anything else this week, except maybe more milk, (heres hoping).

Biscuits are running low, and it will be a total moaning match if theres none in the house, so, Im going to try some baking. Im not very good at this, but, I have to give this a try. Can you freeze things like cakes, muffins and brownies etc :confused:. If you can I think I will "try" to do quite a bit and freeze them, although I have no idea how I will fit them into the freezer.

Take care everyone

Jackie xx
  • Is everyone including their big christmas shop in this figure? I usually spend about £250 for Christmas week alone:eek: I really can't justify doing that this year though, but don't want everyone to feel deprived, I have guests coming for Christmas dinner, and have to buffet stuff in as well as we really like to treat ourselves, I tend to buy the premium brand stuff at christmastime too, just so it feels more luxurious.

Hmmm not sure what to do here?
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
  • jackie_w
    jackie_w Posts: 1,077
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Outdoor Lass

Im including my Christmas dinner in my budget of £280. Theres me, Dh DS x 2, my mum & dad, Sis and her daughter.

Ive never bothered about how much I spend on food at Christmas, but, this year I cant afford to just spend willy nilly on it. So im going to just try the best that I can.

Jackie xx
  • jackie_w wrote: »
    Outdoor Lass

Im including my Christmas dinner in my budget of £280. Theres me, Dh DS x 2, my mum & dad, Sis and her daughter.

Ive never bothered about how much I spend on food at Christmas, but, this year I cant afford to just spend willy nilly on it. So im going to just try the best that I can.

Jackie xx

Thanks Jackie, I dunno what to do, I have tins of sweets and biscuits already, which I managed to get in the NGC and still came under budget. But we usually are quite extravagant with the food for the whole of the xmas week, posh cheeses, posh saus rolls, pork pies, crisps, nuts, pickles, mince pies, nice drinks (non alcholic, as we are t total) party type food etc.

I am getting really stressed about this already, I have people coming here too, which is a mare, cos they all have different dietry requirements, 2 veggies, 1 don't like turkey, then theres me and OH and the kids who will eat anything!

Have to say I would love to cut the bill, maybe I can meet in the middle somewhere:confused:
    grocery challenge Sept 2012 £21/£399
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport