Oneselect ceased trading

Comments

• maddyboy
    maddyboy Posts: 48 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I too have now had my refund through including a direct debit taken just as one select stop trading! It's taken nearly 6 months to sort but glad I persisted.
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was a oneselect customer, transferred to together energy and on 15th April I switched to Shell Energy. I can see in my Together energy account there is £141.00 credit, but not received this yet, do i contact shell, together, or wait more time?
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    I was a oneselect customer, transferred to together energy and on 15th April I switched to Shell Energy. I can see in my Together energy account there is £141.00 credit, but not received this yet, do i contact shell, together, or wait more time?

Nothing to do with your new supplier, together energy should refund you via your direct debit account. Goodness knows how long you'll be waiting though.
  • trinidadone
    So I guess I should simply ask for a refund directly from together energy - should I simply ask for it, log a complaint?
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    Together Energy should issue you with a final bill so any money owed either way would be paid then. I switched in January and received my final bill end of May so don't expect anything to happen soon. There are plenty of posts relating to both One Select and Together Energy on this site so if I were you I'd have a good read through as there's many different opinions to mine.
  • trinidadone
    ok kool, well what did you do, and is there a time limit I should receive this money back?
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,223 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    nickcc wrote: »
    Together Energy should issue you with a final bill so any money owed either way would be paid then. I switched in January and received my final bill end of May so don't expect anything to happen soon. There are plenty of posts relating to both One Select and Together Energy on this site so if I were you I'd have a good read through as there's many different opinions to mine.
    My final bill was issued on 21st January (I had no access to the website at that time and was not notified of this bill until earlier this week). So far no refund of my credit balance, but I have now accepted an offer through Ombudsman Services in response to my complaint made in March and escalated to the Ombudsman in May.

My bill turned out to be incorrect, but the compensation I was offered makes up for that.
  • trinidadone
    so i assuming i should ask for the credit first, and give them time to pay
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,223 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    so i assuming i should ask for the credit first, and give them time to pay
    If your bill is correct (worth checking as mine wasn't), then contact them to request a refund in the first instance, but be prepared to submit a complaint further down the line if they do not repay you - 2 weeks would be a reasonable timeframe to wait.
  • trinidadone
    I telephoned Together Energy yesterday, and asked if my credit had been applied to my account from Oneselect, I am told it has. I then ask, as I had been waiting for eight weeks, why I had not received my refund, I was informed this was because the billing department was busy, and they were taking on more staff, naturally that is a problem not for me, I informed customer services that i wanted my full refund, including my final bill. I was told customer service woulds call me between 9am - 10am with a update - to be honest, i am not holding my breath.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure