Going, going...still going!

Comments

• I did the same thing. Went through a debt slaying mode then went into stealth savings mode. I flittered between the two over my 20 month journey. It keeps things fresh and, as you say, you won't be any further away from your DFD as you can just chuck the EF at the debt as you get closer. I totally hear you on the sense of security that savings brings. You can't beat it, especially as life Really Does get in the way. I cracked a tooth = £450. My car failed its MOT = £250. We needed a new boiler = £2,000 etc etc etc.
  • Thank you both - felt quite sheepish about the whole thing, but good to know there are others that have done the same successfully :)

NSD today :) Also got a rejection from one of the jobs I applied for at the weekend, but such is the way! Quite nice to actually get closure on a job application, so many just seem to disappear into the ether :)
    NSD in Nov: 17
    Debt at Nov 2017: £8,619 Debt at Dec 2018: £4,161 Debt at Nov 2019: £0
    A perpetual work in progress.
    DFW - Going, going....still going! and new Savings diary - Saving, saving...still saving!
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Also got a rejection from one of the jobs I applied for at the weekend, but such is the way! Quite nice to actually get closure on a job application, so many just seem to disappear into the ether :)

Funny, I was saying exactly that the other day as LMG is in the process of applying for jobs. I applied for one approximately 10 years ago and I'm still waiting to hear if I got it or not *rolls eyes* What is wrong with a company coming back and saying "Sorry but you're not the right fit for us. Good luck in the future."?

As for the EF thing, that's changed slightly for me since yesterday. My diary has info. Still the same principle though.
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • I will pop over and read yours GAP - I've been flat out for the last two days, I've fallen behind on all the diaries I lurk on :o

NSD today :) It has rained solidly for over 24 hours, so I'm glad it has finally dried up!

I've been full pelt at work this week, so I'm really looking forward to the weekend and some R&R. Poor PD has been rather neglected, so I'll need to make that up to with some quality time (and some Dreamies) too. I always know I'm too busy when my current book gets a bit dusty on my bedside table :o I haven't been able to arrange any annual leave yet as meetings are pebbledashed across the week at the moment, but there are a few possible windows coming up, so will need to get on to my line manager about it soon! :)
    DFW - Going, going....still going! and new Savings diary - Saving, saving...still saving!
  • Couple of things have cropped up so I've not had a NSD since last posted :o Work has been hard to deal with, and I'm just over tired. Culminated yesterday when I just could not face going home from work via public transport, so for the first time in a very long time I got a taxi... totally self-indulgent, but it was so nice to be home within 15 mins rather than 40. Won't do it again though, the guilt is hard to shift! Will be aiming for a NSD for the next three days to try to compensate ;)

Not much else going on, but I have nothing planned for the rest of the day so going to kick back with PD and relax. After averaging 6 hours sleep this week, I got nearly 10 hours last night, and the difference is amazing. Glam life I lead, eh... :rotfl:
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,938
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    But how nice to know you have the funds for a very occasional taxi. Sure pd was pleased to see you a bit early too.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • I'd like to think so :p I had a lie-in this morning (which is very much a PD-approved activity) but does always involve a delicate balancing act of coffee, book, and lolling sleepy cat ;)

Today will be a NSD today - I've defrosted some ancient mince from the freezer, which I'm about to stick in the slow cooker to turn into....something. Might end up as chilli, might be a bolognese, not sure yet! :)
  • It's a strange old day - I really hope no-one comes to my door as I started clearing out a wardrobe and throwing out old makeup. Hence, I'm sitting in a floor length full skirt, neon lipstick and very dramatic eyeliner...with my slippers, a ripped t-shirt and unwashed hair :rotfl: Très glam! :p

I need to do some work now, and my heart just isn't in it. I'm going to give myself an hour to do as much as I can and then if I'm not making any progress, I'll call it a day.

I've also been looking for more jobs, and have applied for two possibilities. There's not too much about at the moment, but I may get in touch with some old contacts and see if they know of anything coming up. In my grand plan at the start of the year, I was planning to have some freelance work off the ground by now, but I've just not been able to dedicate the time to this. On the other hand, if it were important enough, then I would find the time...so maybe that's just an excuse :o
  • girlatplay
    girlatplay Posts: 3,883
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It's a strange old day - I really hope no-one comes to my door as I started clearing out a wardrobe and throwing out old makeup. Hence, I'm sitting in a floor length full skirt, neon lipstick and very dramatic eyeliner...with my slippers, a ripped t-shirt and unwashed hair :rotfl: Très glam! :p

:rotfl: That's hilarious! Reminds me of the meme of the girl with a mask on with feathers on it, playing with what looks like Nintendo DS or something similar and says "When you're cleaning your room and you get distracted by things you find." I laugh because it is so me.

Keep going with the jobs, something will come along. I know it's a drag but it will be worth it :)
    Mortgage at 12/07/2022 = £175,000
    Mortgage today = £166,457.86
    300 282 payments to go.
    House buyout fund £3,261.67/£40,000
    Random Pick Fridays = £80.01
  • NSD today :) That's two in a row - going for the hat trick tomorrow ;)

Nothing much else going on - both my work and home to-do lists are as long as my arm so I really should do something to remedy them! Spent most of the day trying to complete one task, which spawned about 20 additional tasks and questions...so something that I anticipated would take an hour, is threatening to engulf my entire week :o

Anyway, that's tomorrow's problem, so I'm going to find something easy to knock off my home to-do list, then will find something interesting to listen to, and do some knitting :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback