Outgoings query

2»

Comments

• TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Minkym00 wrote: »
    Most people have informal child maintenance payment arrangements. It doesn’t have to be court ordered to be an allowable expense.

As I pointed out in my earlier post - there are some child expenses that are acceptable. However, straight 'maintenance' without a court order is not. I know that from personal painful experience.

If the OP was to post an SoA we would of course be able to make suggestions.
  • skivy71
    skivy71 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi @TheGardener,

I don't doubt for a minute that the OR could reject my wishes to pay £200 a month to my ex, so whatever I need to do regarding that, I will.

Regarding the SoA, is it usual to post all that data in a public forum?

Kind regards,

N
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,452 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Well, we can't identify you unless your name is Mr Skivy, Yes, lots of posters do it so we can advise better. The calculator is here, and please format for MSE.

Re previous comment, that's not a lot of debt for your ex - she will need a payment plan with the council and wait to see what happens with the water.
  • TheGardener
    edited 25 May 2019 at 8:10AM
    skivy71 wrote: »
    ...Regarding the SoA, is it usual to post all that data in a public forum?...
    N

Yes - it's what we do here when people ask for advice. As we have said before - I think you need to read a lot more about BR or seek the advice of the free debt charities. We have no way of knowing who you are or who your creditors are - we just look at your income and outgoings and suggest changes to your SoA that work.
  • Minkym00
    Minkym00 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The Gardener, I also know from experience that informal child support arrangements are allowed. I have seen several, and recently.
  • TheGardener
    edited 25 May 2019 at 10:04PM
    Minkym00 wrote: »
    The Gardener, I also know from experience that informal child support arrangements are allowed. I have seen several, and recently.

Well we obviously have different personal experience then don't we :)
  • skivy71
    skivy71 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Assuming thing's like amicable child maintenance become an issue with the OR, does this then mean a new application? I mean, worst case new fee's?
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    No, it doesn't work like that. Any IPA that is put in place is an agreement, you can negotiate with the OR. If in the end anything is not allowable you can always cut down elsewhere to make up the difference. For example, I was allowed £50 a week for food etc but actually spend around £25. So I was £25 up each week which I was able to use for something else.

As has already been suggested, please contact Stepchange and talk it over with them as there are lots of things you don't seem to understand. I found them tremendously helpful. Also put a SOA up here - we've all done it, you're totally unidentifiable - and the very experienced advisers and others who have been there will go through it.

EJ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport