Indestructible chewy toy recommendations please

elljay
elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 15 October 2019 at 9:53AM in Pets & pet care
Morning all

I've recently acquired a lovely 2 yr old little dog and we're getting along famously with training and so on. However he demolishes (and then swallows the bits) of every toy I buy him. We can still use the toys, even when they've got holes in them, for throwing in the garden etc but when I want him to go on his bed with a toy he just chews it to bits if I don't get to it first. The bits then appear in his poo. Not good.

I didn't have this problem with my last dog so not sure of which toys are good for chewy dogs. Could I have some recommendations please?

Thanks very much

EJ

Comments

• I would suggest trying toys created by Kong. Specifically the black Kong which is created for dogs that chew. It is pretty indestructible and you can fill it with foods to keep them amused with it.

Google: KONG - Extreme Dog Toy - Toughest Natural Rubber, Black - Fun to Chew, Chase and Fetch
    Original Mortgage: February 2010 = £150,000
    MFW #13: January 2019 - £126,155
    Current Feb 2020 = £118,013
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Nylabones to chew rather than play with.
    Kongs (although they're not as indestructible as advertised for a real power chewer.)
    Gough nuts. Expensive but worthwhile.
    That's about it for my bull terrier, anything else advertised as indestructible really isnt - hopefully yours has slightly less powerful jaws.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • CTricky80 wrote: »
    I would suggest trying toys created by Kong. Specifically the black Kong which is created for dogs that chew. It is pretty indestructible and you can fill it with foods to keep them amused with it.

Google: KONG - Extreme Dog Toy - Toughest Natural Rubber, Black - Fun to Chew, Chase and Fetch

Our beagle ripped that one to shreds.......I did think of asking Kong if he should road test any future products for them :rotfl::rotfl:
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Local pet store has some large roasted beef bones. Whilst mutt here chews them to bits, it takes quite a while (like several months). Also good for a bit of fun...
    5b98580cd629c.jpeg
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure