Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Because I've already written letters and the airline have refused to pay or give me any answers. My only option was no win no fee or take them to court myself. I am to busy and could live without the stress of doing it myself so 27% is a small price to pay under the circumstances.

my reasons too
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm not going to endorse anyone, but I think Bott are a very reputable operation - and they clearly get results for their clients. £500k of compensation is not to be sneezed at.

Of course I wish that the airlines simply obeyed the law. Or that the CAA actually did some enforcing. But in an imperfect world, those who lack the confidence, competence or commitment to see this through themselves could do worse than engage a firm like this.
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    i've also signed up with them as we booked seperately so its like 2 lots of leg work with it all and by the time i'd have to print it all off, send and sort it all out, possibly take the day off work if it ends up in court and all the other leg work i've decided to give it a try this way as a bit of something is better than a lot of nothing and the holiday didn't cost much more than we could potentially get back even after all the fees and I think the same that I don't think I would have the time to do it so am leaving them to it and hoping they win it in the end as for me its the principle of it all as it was horrendous how it all panned out so if we get compensation then it would help, but I don't think I would fly with them again
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    i've also signed up with them as we booked seperately so its like 2 lots of leg work with it all and by the time i'd have to print it all off, send and sort it all out, possibly take the day off work if it ends up in court and all the other leg work i've decided to give it a try this way as a bit of something is better than a lot of nothing and the holiday didn't cost much more than we could potentially get back even after all the fees and I think the same that I don't think I would have the time to do it so am leaving them to it and hoping they win it in the end as for me its the principle of it all as it was horrendous how it all panned out so if we get compensation then it would help, but I don't think I would fly with them again

Good luck with your claim. There are a few of us in the same boat now. Please keep us updated with how you're getting on.

A quick update from my case. Bott sent initial letter giving airline 14days to acknowledge and 28 to respond. On day 15 they then sent a chaser to the airline. So they seem to be on the ball. Airlines time is nearly up now so we'll see what happens next!
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Because I've already written letters and the airline have refused to pay or give me any answers. My only option was no win no fee or take them to court myself. I am to busy and could live without the stress of doing it myself so 27% is a small price to pay under the circumstances.

I agree that 27% (+25 Euros) is a fair price to pay, but the bit that worries me is:

If you lose you pay your opponents charges and disbursements.
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    I agree that 27% (+25 Euros) is a fair price to pay, but the bit that worries me is:

If you lose you pay your opponents charges and disbursements.

Apparently Bott take out an insurance policy to cover this at no expense to us! Below is taken from a letter i got from them. Though before I agree it going to court I will be confirming they've taken it out!

"You are responsible for payment of your opponent’s costs if the court orders you to pay them e.g., if your case is unsuccessful but we will arrange legal expense insurance (at no cost to you) which would pay those costs if your claim is unsuccessful."
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Can someone clarify the contradiction between the the wording in post 27 above:

"You are responsible for payment of your opponent’s costs if the court orders you to pay them e.g., if your case is unsuccessful but we will arrange legal expense insurance (at no cost to you) which would pay those costs if your claim is unsuccessful."

and the original post:

If you lose you pay your opponents charges and disbursements. You may be able to take out an insurance policy against this risk. If you lose you do not pay our charges but you may be required to pay our disbursements.

The front page of the EU Claim website does seem fairly clear in:

"All financial risk for EUclaim"

I would consider it but worry about the wording in the original post above.
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I filed with EU claim back in March, before their tie-up with Bott.

Got an email today from Bott that they have sent the papers to court.

Will try to keep you all updated :-)
  • Liberty1577
    Liberty1577 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 4 September 2013 at 9:19PM
    Options
    Can someone clarify the contradiction between the the wording in post 27 above:

and the original post:

If you lose you pay your opponents charges and disbursements. You may be able to take out an insurance policy against this risk. If you lose you do not pay our charges but you may be required to pay our disbursements.

The front page of the EU Claim website does seem fairly clear in:

"All financial risk for EUclaim"

I would consider it but worry about the wording in the original post above.

The wording in post 27 was from a covering letter sent by Bott with the agreement that is quoted in original post.

I also have emails from them which say they have to include every possible outcome in the agreement but stress I will not be liable for anything if I lose.
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    A quick update from my case. Bott sent initial letter giving airline 14days to acknowledge and 28 to respond. On day 15 they then sent a chaser to the airline. So they seem to be on the ball. Airlines time is nearly up now so we'll see what happens next!

Update re above - the airline had until 4th Sept to respond and failed to do so. Today (5th Sept) Bott emailed me to say they have drafted and sent papers to court. So again seem to be on the ball. We'll see what happens next!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure