I am a Bridezilla and my confession is....

Comments

• wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Oh right lol, just reread the dates. Well, it's nearly your turn now, enjoy the next 10 months! :D xxx

p.s. just being nosey - why the loooong engagement? :)
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • fawny
    fawny Posts: 953 Forumite
    I have gone to lots of trouble creating a website for our wedding that I think is wonderful & I've put so much info onto it to help people out. Everyone who needs to know has the web address, so why do people keep ringing & email me to ask how this works & that works etc - read my website that I so loving created. Ok calm again :rotfl:
    Married the man of my dreams - 10th September 2012, St Paul's Bay Lindos :jIt was amazing.
    :love:
  • bubbles0169
    bubbles0169 Posts: 6,230 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks wanchai :-) money basically, we've had two boys in that time, living costs got in the way then i got a different better paid job, I'm able to do a few more hours too so we can save well for it now x
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    I'm a bridezilla and my MIL2B is doing my head in!!!

We're having a very small ceremony (14 guests), followed by a meal and then a big reception for about 120ppl which will start in the afternoon. H2B's aunty has two young children from a recent divorce & has custody of them alternate weekends. We had briefly discussed whether she would be bringing the girls and said that she's welcome to but that if she just wants to let her hair down and enjoy herself then that's fine too. Well MIL2B has now told her that children aren't invited to the wedding... Erm, that's news to me? A lot of my friends have children and will be bringing them to the reception and now I'm worried that she'll be upset if she turns up and there's loads of kids running around and she's been told no children!!!
  • Dekazer
    Dekazer Posts: 452 Forumite
    Weirdly, I am a bit miffed that a family member is really looking forward to coming and having a great time at our wedding :S

My poor aunty was widowed just over a year ago, when their daughter was just 4 weeks old. My aunty's not a blood relation (my late uncle was), so I feel just that wee bit more determined to make sure my she feels included and part of the clan.

However, she now wants to leave her 14 month old daughter (my cousin) at home for the wedding so she can come and party. On the one hand I'm thrilled, and on the other a little disappointed. I would NEVER tell her this, because she's part of the family in her own right, not just as my uncle's babymother, but I feel disappointed that I won't get a photo of me and all the cousins together on the day. The only photo we have of us all together is at my uncle's funeral, so it would have been nice to have a happier one. There are 12 of us not including partners, and we live all over the country and abroad, so it's rare we're all in the same room at once!

Fingers crossed my aunty decides to bring the baby after all! :)
  • wanchai_2
    Dekazer wrote: »
    Weirdly, I am a bit miffed that a family member is really looking forward to coming and having a great time at our wedding :S

My poor aunty was widowed just over a year ago, when their daughter was just 4 weeks old. My aunty's not a blood relation (my late uncle was), so I feel just that wee bit more determined to make sure my she feels included and part of the clan.

However, she now wants to leave her 14 month old daughter (my cousin) at home for the wedding so she can come and party. On the one hand I'm thrilled, and on the other a little disappointed. I would NEVER tell her this, because she's part of the family in her own right, not just as my uncle's babymother, but I feel disappointed that I won't get a photo of me and all the cousins together on the day. The only photo we have of us all together is at my uncle's funeral, so it would have been nice to have a happier one. There are 12 of us not including partners, and we live all over the country and abroad, so it's rare we're all in the same room at once!

Fingers crossed my aunty decides to bring the baby after all! :)

Just a suggestion (hope you don't mind), but you could ask her if the little one would be your flower girl? :)
    Roz_V wrote: »
    I'm a bridezilla and my MIL2B is doing my head in!!!

We're having a very small ceremony (14 guests), followed by a meal and then a big reception for about 120ppl which will start in the afternoon. H2B's aunty has two young children from a recent divorce & has custody of them alternate weekends. We had briefly discussed whether she would be bringing the girls and said that she's welcome to but that if she just wants to let her hair down and enjoy herself then that's fine too. Well MIL2B has now told her that children aren't invited to the wedding... Erm, that's news to me? A lot of my friends have children and will be bringing them to the reception and now I'm worried that she'll be upset if she turns up and there's loads of kids running around and she's been told no children!!!

:eek::eek::eek:
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    Dekazer, I was about to suggest the same as Wanchai.

Or if that would offend other cousins (I know how family politics can be!!) maybe she could bring the baby to the ceremony & then have somebody pick her up & look after her so she can "let her hair down" in the evening? Presumably she was planning to get a babysitter rather than leave her home alone anyway (:eek:), would that be an option?
  • Dekazer
    Dekazer Posts: 452 Forumite
    Thanks Wanchai and Roz - I'm really hoping we'll find a solution like that, yeah. I think she's going to ask her nanny, in which case I might say bring the nanny to the ceremony and then she can take the baby home at some point.

I'm going to play it by ear, thank goodness for this thread for a good old bridezilla rant!
  • wanchai_2
    Indeed!!! :rotfl: I really hope you get it sorted, Dekazer - your idea sounds perfect xx

I have been starting to have some bridezilla-ish thoughts lately, not sure whether I am ready to vent/unleash them on anyone yet, but perhaps I should let it all out here first...? :o
  • wanchai wrote: »
    I have been starting to have some bridezilla-ish thoughts lately, not sure whether I am ready to vent/unleash them on anyone yet, but perhaps I should let it all out here first...? :o

YES! :D Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport