No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2019

Options

Comments

• sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    One IN from yesterday:

Oral B Satin Tape 25m

An essential.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Two INs this afternoon:

La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere Moisturiser 40ml
    Mustela Hydra Bebe Facial Creme 5ml sample

Nearing the end of my current tube, bought as a replacement ready for when I do finish it.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    shed35 wrote: »
    Hi

This my first post for October

UU
    Avon Supreme Shampoo
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel
    Aveeno Baby Daily Wash
    Marsellie Cleansing Soap 600g
    Molton Brown Travel Lotion
    Santuary Spa White Lily Demesk Body Scrub

IN
    Weleda Almond Facial Oil x3
    Superdrug B Muliti Acid Retexurising Pads x 2
    Superdrug B Glycolic Cleansing Peel x 2
    Liz Earle Body Cleanse and Polish
    Body Shop Coconut Hair Oil
    IT CC Cream

Total 100

Hi, how did you find the Superdrug glycolic pads? Have you tried Nip and Fab and able to compare? I’ve managed to get 2 x pots of the ALDI ones and want to keep the expenditure on this product down when they are gone and unavailable.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    I'd like to join.
    I will do a proper list tomorrow of the stuff I have to use up but basically, today doing weekly shopping I almost brought nice shower gels but then I clicked the remove item button on them as we have a whole basket full of mini shower gels, body butter etc from last Christmas to use up.

As my money is extremely tight right now (Meaning - I only got paid half of what I usually do because of illness , I've had to borrow £120+ out of mine and my hubs honeymoon fund ; money gifted to us from family for our wedding) I'm trying to save pennies where I can. The hubs says money isnt a worry for me as he has lots but I'd rather have extra money for date nights or saving for a new house then on stuff we already have at home.

Welcome to the thread. You definitely have the right mindset already. Keep posting your use ups xx
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    2 UUS -

OPI Aurora Berry-Alis. This was the mini I was working on. I will repurchase a full size of this.

OPI Lost on Lombard. Have had this for some time and it's now gone gloopy. Lovely oxblood red colour. Am pretty sure I have similar colours.

Am now wearing Essie On The Bright Cider.

Further to the above, I have returned my OPI A Definitel Moust Have to my stash. It’s too bright for Autumn/Winter and pulled out a replacement mini in Samoan Sand.

I have also ordered a bottle of Espresso Your Style from EBay. Another old favourite.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • catherinekate
    Options
    Did you see us all featured on the MSE Facebook page this week :j

About 6 hours later they also put on a Look Fantastic promotion but hey.

Some INs for me:
    2x mascara - turned out I had run out and this was BOGOF
    Vichy Aqualia serum - best serum ever, I do have a Superdrug serum in the stash but I hate it, will finish hate panning it at some point in the future but just now I can't face it
    Garnier Moisture bomb night cream - I had a tub of this previously and hated it, bought it because it was on sale, silly really but I will use it up.

And three UUs:
    2x hotel freebie mini shampoo
    L'oreal extraordinary oil facial moisturiser - love this
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    uu

Poppy King Lip Crayon in Dancing - finally finished this. It was lovely and lasted really well I just got a bit bored with it in the end. I have more of these in other colours.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another uu, I thought I had posted about this but don't seem to have.

Philip Kingsley Moisture Balance Condtioner 1L - WNBA
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2019 at 8:44AM
    Options
    October PP
    Neals Yard Palmarosa facial moisturiser mini
    Neals Yard Frankincense serum mini
    Neals Yard Bee Lovely All Over Balm
    All 4 liquid/cream eye shadows - add to Use By Christmas challenge or decide to TA!

By Christmas challenge:
    Loreal lipgloss
    Soap & Glory lipgloss
    Hit pan on 4 least used eyeshadows in palette

I had to make a Neals Yard order to continue being ‘active’ and receive discounts. I was holding out for a sale which luckily happened a couple of weeks before my cut off date. I only needed a couple of things imminently so I had to think about the next 6-12 months which was challenging! I could also choose 2 minis at a discounted price. Hopefully I’ve made the right choices!

IN
    Neals Yard Rose facial polish
    Neals Yard Frankinscence facial wash
    Neals Yard Palmarosa toner
    Neals Yard Frankinscence eye serum
    Neals Yard Seaweed & Arnica foaming bath
    Neals Yard Rose & Geranium body polish
    Neals Yard Rose & Pomegranate foaming bath (mini)
    Neals Yard Bee Lovely Hans cream (mini)

UU
    Neals Yard Rose & Pomegranate foaming bath - WBA
    Neals Yard Honey & Orange facial scrub - probably WNBA, very scrubby so felt like I could only use it once per week and felt like it was something to use in the bath and leave on the face rather than part of my regular routine in the shower.
    Max Factor setting spray - first time using a setting spray, liked it, but summer is over now and I survived without it before so I’m going to see how I go without replacing it for a while!
  • VALM
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    uu

Poppy King Lip Crayon in Dancing - finally finished this. It was lovely and lasted really well I just got a bit bored with it in the end. I have more of these in other colours.

Well done. I get like that with panning too. I’ll get bored but I can’t give up on it. The Smashbox palette is a good case in point.

Speaking of palettes I threw away Stila I The know yesterday. When Emma was returning to Uni last week she decluttered 3 mini Tarte palettes, Stila in the light and this one. I’m just not going to reach for this one as it’s all matte and I prefer shimmers.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family