How to URGENTLY reclaim PPI for a deceased relative

Comments

• randm wrote: »
    if information is only kept for six yrs, then what on earth do you do if you have no paperwork?? mum dead over ten yrs, all paperwork would have been thrown by now. ????

the executor should know which accounts she had and thats a good place to start, also if you know of any other banks she used send them a letter, then it would be a case of trying to hit as many of the others you can. Pitty resolver doesnt allow you to simply copy or I may have missed that you can.
  • DBdfly02
    DBdfly02 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2019 at 11:32AM
    Hi all, Looking to claim as executor for my deceased daughter, how do I complete the Resolver form - with my name at the top or hers e.g. NAME - (deceased)?
    Or both names in that field?
  • McKneff
    McKneff Posts: 38,816
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Please remember that you have to have some sort of proof that ppi was miss sold.
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • blackgothic
    blackgothic Posts: 1,036
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Could someone give me advice on how to fill in the resolver PPI form as our mortgage was taken out in both our names but now my husband has been deceased since 2012 and he was the one covered through PPI insurance as the payments came out of his bank account do i fill the resolver form in my name or his thanks.
    A little grunt a little squeeze and out it comes like lemon cheese
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Don't use Resolver. Send your complaint direct.

It's too close to the deadline to hope that a third party will forward on your complaint in time.

Your complaint needs to be in his name, but you need to prove your right to make the complaint.
  • My Dad passed away in July 2017 leaving everything to my Mum. Sadly, she also passed away in June this year (2019). Everything then passes to myself.
    However, everything is going through Probate at this moment in time, but I recently learned about Martin Lewis saying that we can now claim for any possible PPI refund for a deceased relative(s).

As Probate is STILL going through, I am wondering if a PPI enquiry to the relevant banks etc is made NOW, will it still be looked into after the 29th August deadline if the Grant of Probate hasn’t been completed by then?

From what I have read, it would appear that proof of Grant of Probate has to be sent to the relevant banks etc, which, of course, I don’t have at this moment in time. I’m hoping that it will be through within the next few weeks, although there’s no guarantee of that.

Or, should I ask my solicitor who is dealing with Probate to look into it on my behalf – although I suspect that should I do this, there would be yet another Solicitor’s fee.
  • Hello, just looking for some advice regarding reclaiming PPI for my Dad who passed last month.

Firstly I know of mortgages and car finance loans and possibly a bank loan he had and I'm pretty sure of each bank/lender. For a couple it would have been between 2000 and 2008. There may have been others pre this period.

For things dating back over 10 years if I know where they were from is there much of a chance of being successful?
    If my Dad defaulted on any of the loans would you not be able to claim?

Secondly I haven't read to much into PPI but I'm trying to work out how likely it is my Dad may have taken it. Its worth putting in a claim anyway but how was it sold, I read on Martins page that for many it was just added in automatically. My dad isn't the type of guy who would take such a thing if it was offered to him so I have my doubts.

And finally what is the best way to apply. I know the deadline is next week I was going to use the resolver template but someone sad above your best not using that???

any advice would be great thankyou
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello, just looking for some advice regarding reclaiming PPI for my Dad who passed last month.

Firstly I know of mortgages and car finance loans and possibly a bank loan he had and I'm pretty sure of each bank/lender. For a couple it would have been between 2000 and 2008. There may have been others pre this period.

For things dating back over 10 years if I know where they were from is there much of a chance of being successful?
    If my Dad defaulted on any of the loans would you not be able to claim?

Secondly I haven't read to much into PPI but I'm trying to work out how likely it is my Dad may have taken it. Its worth putting in a claim anyway but how was it sold, I read on Martins page that for many it was just added in automatically. My dad isn't the type of guy who would take such a thing if it was offered to him so I have my doubts.

And finally what is the best way to apply. I know the deadline is next week I was going to use the resolver template but someone sad above your best not using that???

any advice would be great thankyou

What would your complaint reasons be? They have to be factual and not wild guesses.
  • NCC-1701 wrote: »
    What would your complaint reasons be? They have to be factual and not wild guesses.

that it was mis-sold

My dad was self-employed meaning it was innapropriate and the plevin rule for pre 2008 policies he had
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    that it was mis-sold

My dad was self-employed meaning it was innapropriate and the plevin rule for pre 2008 policies he had

The self employed can be covered by PPI. Does Plevin apply?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback