Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

1110111112113114116»

Comments

• donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    AP007 wrote: »

They can check (even if they don't) that all the jobs exist regardless of email, letter, job ref or not
    they cant check online if you applied to a particular company on spec through the post. there will be no evidence of that online.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    they cant check online if you applied to a particular company on spec through the post. there will be no evidence of that online.
    Applied? A job spec letter is NOT a job application though, is it?

No need to write it down then.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Forumite
    You keep talking about re hashing job booklets and now we are somehow talking about job applications by post which you love to keep talking about. I do not think of these things as no one really would do that who is really looking for a job with NO money to buy stamps with!

I am not making out anything at all - I can tell you my job centre will not allow you to write all jobs applied by post.

Apart from the spec letters I was made to send at the WP I have not sent ONE LETTER for a job at all.
    this is because doing them through the post enables you to avoid being found out thats why. i had to point that out because you kept saying you would be found out by them checking online.
    yes no one who is looking for work would do it. the point is how do they know you are genuine.
    where does it say that on the jsa agreement that all apps cant be through the post?
  • donnajunkie
    Forumite
    Applied? A job spec letter is NOT a job application though, is it?

No need to write it down then.
    you are still applying for work at that employer.
  • AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    edited 18 August 2013 at 4:47PM
    this is because doing them through the post enables you to avoid being found out thats why. i had to point that out because you kept saying you would be found out by them checking online.
    yes no one who is looking for work would do it. the point is how do they know you are genuine.
    where does it say that on the jsa agreement that all apps cant be through the post?
    lets say it one time only by checking the JOB EXISTS!!!

No matter how you applied if the job is a made up one you could not have applied, understand that?

How is this even relevant to you saying I could re hash all my jobs over the years? I never throw the job booklets away and have over 120 in a bag along with 40 or so sheers of paper and the new sheets they are now giving me.

bowing out on this one
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    Forumite
    lets say it one time only by checking the JOB EXISTS!!!

No matter how you applied if the job is a made up one you could not have applied, understand that?

How is this even relevant to you saying I could re hash all my jobs over the years? I never throw the job booklets away and have over 120 in a bag along with 40 or so sheers of paper and the new sheets they are now giving me.

bowing out on this one
    it is not possible to check the existence of all jobs, expecially spec apps that arent even advertised at all. workshy people put jobs they havent applied for on their sheets all the time and dont get found out for reasons mentioned and ignored or disbelieved.
  • mro
    mro Posts: 813
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Has the UJM logged in period changed for others ?

I keep having to login after shorter periods in last few days after other changes were made to UJM (adding cover letter) and new T&Cs were introduced.

Before I would remain logged in for long period, maybe up to 24 hours.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure