Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Options

Comments

• AP007
    AP007 Posts: 7,109 Forumite
    Options
    there are still jobs where you can apply via the post. you can also do specs via the post. yes it is better to do it online but you are missing the point. the point which is to diminish their ability to ask for proof you applied. they dont check you applied or even record who you applied to anyway.
    They do not have space on their system to write in 50 jobs nor have the time to do so or it will take them as long as it did to write the stupid thing
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • donnajunkie
    donnajunkie Posts: 32,412 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AP007 wrote: »
    I never said it was a threat. Its to PROVE you have applied ie log in and show them its not from 2011. Since they all have the net they can just type in the job reference and see its a current job too as its on the net with the date posted next to it.

easy.
    that would be giving them access by logging in and letting them have a look. you dont have to do that. they dont require people to put the job ref and also the jobs you have put may have all been specs and therefore not have one anyway.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    They do not have space on their system to write in 50 jobs nor have the time to do so or it will take them as long as it did to write the stupid thing
    yes i know thats part of my point.
  • AP007
    Options
    yes i know thats part of my point.
    but you still can not think you can use a job booklet from 2011
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AP007
    Options
    that would be giving them access by logging in and letting them have a look. you dont have to do that. they dont require people to put the job ref and also the jobs you have put may have all been specs and therefore not have one anyway.
    If they are job spec letters you will have an email address you can share with the JC or mailing address

They do require job titles or job refs on the job booklet

All jobs applied for via the net can be found and confirmed via them looking online showing that this is NOT in fact a re hashed job from Aug 2012
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    but you still can not think you can use a job booklet from 2011
    if they have no way of telling you can.
    1. they dont record what you show them.
    2. you dont have to put job ref numbers.
    3a. you can apply for jobs through the post.
    3b. this means they cant check online either.

seeing there is a full date is what tells them it is newly done.
  • AP007
    Options
    if they have no way of telling you can.
    1. they dont record what you show them.
    2. you dont have to put job ref numbers.
    3a. you can apply for jobs through the post.
    3b. this means they cant check online either.

seeing there is a full date is what tells them it is newly done.
    I can tippex out the dates and write over them like I made a mistake and like you have just admitted they barely look so 2011 or 2013 makes no difference to me or them - not that I am ever re hashing jobs and I have told them on more than one occasion that they can check online - when the woman told me 'we don't have net access' but busy mom says otherwise.

They can check (even if they don't) that all the jobs exist regardless of email, letter, job ref or not
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    If they are job spec letters you will have an email address you can share with the JC or mailing address

They do require job titles or job refs on the job booklet

All jobs applied for via the net can be found and confirmed via them looking online showing that this is NOT in fact a re hashed job from Aug 2012
    yes they can ask for some sort of address you applied to. they cant prove you did or did not apply if its a postal address.
    i've never given a job ref in my life, never been required to. how can you be obliged to give one when the job may not even have one.
    you keep talking about the net and i have to keep reminding you that the jobs they will have put will be through the post.
    there are clearly people out there that are workshy and that deceive the jobcentre with their evidence. why you are trying to make out that is impossible i dont know. the fact that there are people doing it means it is possible.
  • donnajunkie
    Options
    I can tippex out the dates and write over them like I made a mistake and like you have just admitted they barely look so 2011 or 2013 makes no difference to me or them - not that I am ever re hashing jobs and I have told them on more than one occasion that they can check online - when the woman told me 'we don't have net access' but busy mom says otherwise.

They can check (even if they don't) that all the jobs exist regardless of email, letter, job ref or not
    i think they would tell people to not use tippex and to just cross any mistakes out.
  • AP007
    Options
    yes they can ask for some sort of address you applied to. they cant prove you did or did not apply if its a postal address.
    i've never given a job ref in my life, never been required to. how can you be obliged to give one when the job may not even have one.
    you keep talking about the net and i have to keep reminding you that the jobs they will have put will be through the post.
    there are clearly people out there that are workshy and that deceive the jobcentre with their evidence. why you are trying to make out that is impossible i dont know. the fact that there are people doing it means it is possible.

You keep talking about re hashing job booklets and now we are somehow talking about job applications by post which you love to keep talking about. I do not think of these things as no one really would do that who is really looking for a job with NO money to buy stamps with!

I am not making out anything at all - I can tell you my job centre will not allow you to write all jobs applied by post.

Apart from the spec letters I was made to send at the WP I have not sent ONE LETTER for a job at all. The spec letters were not written on my job booklet as they are not job applications.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure