Slimming in to Spring - Slimming World Support Thr

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Thanks for sharing your story Mrs R.
    Enjoy your break :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Nicki~~Thank you also for sharing your story.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Ambassador
    greentiger~~Happy happy birthday to you.
    Enjoy. Dont worry about the naughtys as you will be back on plan soon enough so dont beat yourself up :naughty:

• TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,658
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday Greentiger :bdaycake:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy birthday Greentiger xx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,863
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday greentiger :bdaycake:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    Happy Birthday Greentiger :bdaycake:
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Really interesting reading everyone's relationships with food.

Mine is a combination of comfort eating and also just being a hugely greedy pig! I love unhealthy food. Fast food, chocolate, cakes, pastries, white bread with lashings of butter etc etc! I've realised now how much stress was a trigger for my eating and I'm working hard at the moment to hit the gym when stressed instead of hitting the fridge.

When I first joined slimming world I was 21 stone 1lb and I don't even know what I was at my heaviest as I'd already lost around 2 stone before joining as I had attempted to lose weight with Slim Fast Shakes but I was diagnosed with gall stones after losing the weight too quickly. I was scheduled to have my gallbladder removed and was referred to a provate hospital on the NHS. I remember walking in to fancy sofas and coffee machines and thinking I was winning at life despite the fact my morbid obesity had caused me being there. The ultimate shame came in the form of going for the pre-op checks the day before and the doctor telling me I was too fat for them to perform the operation as my weight was unsafe for them to administer the anaesthetic and I was to be referred back to the general hospital where I'd need extra special treatment to ensure I didn't die under anaesthetic. I was so ashamed. But even though I ate through the whole situation.

I've always been big. My whole family is big, so in my mind it was just genetic and nothing I could control. I've been with my husband since I was 16 and he never seemed to care about my size either so I never had to work to make myself look good as he loved me regardless. God knows why looking back at photos! I'd got to a size 26 but never, ever felt that big in my head. I'm relatively tall (another size 8 foot here too! - maybe it's an indicator!) so I never felt that I looked as big as I was.

I joined slimming world as a friend joined and I decided I'd give it a go with no expectation that it would work. Never thought I'd have the will power to stick it out and expected to give up and admit defeat to my fat genes but the weight fell off in the first year. The second year was tougher but I seem to be getting back on it now.

Tonight I lost -2lb and was awarded my 6.5 stone award so I'm thrilled. I'm still heavier than a lot of the people that I see walk through the door of my group each week but I at least know now that I have the determination to get me to target eventually and that I'm not genetically fat, I'm just a greedy cow who needs to stop rewarding/comforting herself with food!
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    You are awesome Miss Teach :j :j :A

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    MissTeach wrote: »
    Really interesting reading everyone's relationships with food.

Mine is a combination of comfort eating and also just being a hugely greedy pig! I love unhealthy food. Fast food, chocolate, cakes, pastries, white bread with lashings of butter etc etc! I've realised now how much stress was a trigger for my eating and I'm working hard at the moment to hit the gym when stressed instead of hitting the fridge.

When I first joined slimming world I was 21 stone 1lb and I don't even know what I was at my heaviest as I'd already lost around 2 stone before joining as I had attempted to lose weight with Slim Fast Shakes but I was diagnosed with gall stones after losing the weight too quickly. I was scheduled to have my gallbladder removed and was referred to a provate hospital on the NHS. I remember walking in to fancy sofas and coffee machines and thinking I was winning at life despite the fact my morbid obesity had caused me being there. The ultimate shame came in the form of going for the pre-op checks the day before and the doctor telling me I was too fat for them to perform the operation as my weight was unsafe for them to administer the anaesthetic and I was to be referred back to the general hospital where I'd need extra special treatment to ensure I didn't die under anaesthetic. I was so ashamed. But even though I ate through the whole situation.

I've always been big. My whole family is big, so in my mind it was just genetic and nothing I could control. I've been with my husband since I was 16 and he never seemed to care about my size either so I never had to work to make myself look good as he loved me regardless. God knows why looking back at photos! I'd got to a size 26 but never, ever felt that big in my head. I'm relatively tall (another size 8 foot here too! - maybe it's an indicator!) so I never felt that I looked as big as I was.

I joined slimming world as a friend joined and I decided I'd give it a go with no expectation that it would work. Never thought I'd have the will power to stick it out and expected to give up and admit defeat to my fat genes but the weight fell off in the first year. The second year was tougher but I seem to be getting back on it now.

Tonight I lost -2lb and was awarded my 6.5 stone award so I'm thrilled. I'm still heavier than a lot of the people that I see walk through the door of my group each week but I at least know now that I have the determination to get me to target eventually and that I'm not genetically fat, I'm just a greedy cow who needs to stop rewarding/comforting herself with food!
    That's brilliant. Fantastic. Well done on your progress :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure