Iii

Options

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,275 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nocto wrote: »
    ...and one gone ‘missing’ to date, which I understand other customers have received (totally unacceptable at any price).
    I'm not in any way defending the fact that you should have received it well before now, but I do wonder whether the unit class you hold is the same as that of the person who has already been paid.
    Funny how they always take the fees bang on time!
    Yes, but they did forget to take the trading fees for their regular investment scheme one month.
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    masonic wrote: »
    I'm not in any way defending the fact that you should have received it well before now, but I do wonder whether the unit class you hold is the same as that of the person who has already been paid.

To be fair - that is a very good point.

My units are the ‘Newton Asian Income Inc’ - Old ‘dirty’ ones, held outside of any wrapper.

So it could be that no one’s received dividends from these units.

I’m still fuming though!
  • masonic
    edited 4 January 2015 at 10:09PM
    Options
    From my final response letter - should give some a chuckle...
    Please be assured that hold[sic] a reputation for paying dividends within 1-2 working days of the recorded pay date, and we are working hard to overcome volumes to return to this timescale. Thank you for your patience during this time.
    I've just realised that the same ETF that was the subject of my previous formal complaint has distributed again on 29th December... no sign of it yet, so I think it's safe to assume III has not yet returned to its "1-2 working days" timescale on direct equity holdings.

The phrase "working hard to overcome volumes" is intriguing. One way to overcome volumes is by losing customers, which they seem to be doing successfully if this thread is anything to go by.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Nocto wrote: »
    To be fair - that is a very good point.

My units are the ‘Newton Asian Income Inc’ - Old ‘dirty’ ones, held outside of any wrapper.

So it could be that no one’s received dividends from these units.

I’m still fuming though!

Same as my partners.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 January 2015 at 9:26AM
    Options
    I've just realised that the same ETF that was the subject of my previous formal complaint has distributed again on 29th December... no sign of it yet, so I think it's safe to assume III has not yet returned to its "1-2 working days" timescale on direct equity holdings.

The phrase "working hard to overcome volumes" is intriguing. One way to overcome volumes is by losing customers, which they seem to be doing successfully if this thread is anything to go by.

Problem is that III have always been reticent in paying dividends - even when they were using CoFunds. Cofunds always pay dividends on the due date.
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    Same as my partners.

Oh! :(

That's not good...
  • masonic
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    Problem is that III have always been reticent in paying dividends - even when they were using CoFunds. Cofunds always pay dividends on the due date.dividends on time.
    But Cofunds and FNZ only run the funds part of III's platform (the only funds I hold are Acc units, so no dividends to be paid). I'm referring to recent dividends from a particular Vanguard ETF. Previously, my dividends from other Vanguard ETFs and some other investment trusts I hold have been paid by III on their due date.
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I transferred from HL to III back in February 2014 (for my ISA and SIPP) and I was under the impression I would be charged an annual fee for the SIPP but no quarterly/annual charge for the ISA.

Looking back I do not appear to have been charged any fee for either - is this normal ? - Where would the fee show up, as I cannot see anything.

Thanks in advance
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    darren72 wrote: »
    I transferred from HL to III back in February 2014 (for my ISA and SIPP) and I was under the impression I would be charged an annual fee for the SIPP but no quarterly/annual charge for the ISA.

Looking back I do not appear to have been charged any fee for either - is this normal ? - Where would the fee show up, as I cannot see anything.

Thanks in advance

To see the fees and any other cash transaction log on to the iii platform and look under the "statements" tab.
  • Financial_Saddler
    Financial_Saddler Posts: 66 Forumite
    edited 5 January 2015 at 11:50AM
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    To see the fees and any other cash transaction log on to the iii platform and look under the "statements" tab.

You may think it actually would be that simple and straightforward ( and professional ), but we are talking about II here...
    In my own case, there is no indication on any statement or notification from II that fees have been deducted - the SIPP fee of £144 and the transfer fee of £60 turned out to have been removed from the cash sum made available from my previous provider prior to a reduced cash sum appearing on my II statement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure