Please help! Peugeot 307 HDi 'Anti Pollution Fault'

Comments

• Kilty_2
    Kilty_2 Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    I remember when weight saving was to make things go faster - 306 rallye for example, now it's all about making them go further on less. The fun has been ripped out of motoring!

Not all bad though - loving the trend of bolting turbochargers onto small petrol engines :D
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    As this thread started on 09-09-2008, I expect the car is sorted now.
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So pedestrians will be safer in the road then!!!:D
    i tried going up and of a steep kurb and forgot this bloke was behind me driving (lucky it wasnt the police )
    it still didnt work though:(
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • bigjl
    bigjl Posts: 6,457 Forumite
    Christ, not another new forum member where they have resurrected an old thread to allow them to ask a question relating to their own car.

You are going to have to check the first post on a thread soon before answering.
  • Dear All,

Thought I would stick my nose in here as I have recently experienced the above problems with my 2.0 307 HDI SW. The DPF on these vehicles is designed to filter out the gunk associated with running a vehicle on diesel. If you do lots of motorway miles, things work out fine as the filter fills up gradually and the gunk is burned off when the engine senses that it is getting full and then goes into “regeneration mode” – above 70mph.. However, if, like me the vehicle is being mainly used for short, low speed journey’s, this gunk builds and builds and eventually the filter becomes full. I have read a number of options from “cleaning” the filter – not very useful, through to removing it the DPF from the vehicle and remapping the engine (not illegal, but still costly at £300 or so) or replacing it completely. I used a local ex-Peugeot master technician and the job (including the additive, which costs £35 a litre and I only needed 1 litre as I had it topped up last year), cost me £415.00. I was informed that these filters normally last around 96K miles. Peugeot apparently offer a trade in offer, where they take your old DPF, charge you a lot of money to fit the new one and then rebate some money back to you – worth looking into. Hope this helps ?
  • Nelix
    Nelix Posts: 31 Forumite
    This can be done for less that £100, I have done it and am enjoying the fruits of my labour.

Check out the details at:

www dot peugeotforums dot com

Regards

Nelix
  • Wasn't sure if this info is out there so thought i'd post for a possible quick easy fix.
    My 307 HDI 90 decided to go into limp mode and display the anti pollution fault message. So I did the google search found all sorts of things it could be, many seeming either complicated or expensive or both to put right.

FAP seemed to be the most commonly recurring theme, but also plenty of posts saying the HDI 90 has no FAP.

Anyway found it was sucking air into the diesel pump from the pipe connections on the diesel filter infront of the engine, because the filter was full of crap stopping a decent flow (could see the bubbles in the pipe between the filter and the pump).

Just changed the filter, no more bubbles of air (well very few) being sucked into the diesel pump........
    NO MORE ANTI POLLUTION FAULT MESSAGE!!!
    NO MORE LIMP HOME MODE!!!!
    NO MORE 60 MPH MAX!!!

Hope this saves someone pain and money and aggrevation.
  • I have recently had my 03 Peugeot 307 Hdi 90 serviced. It has 173,000 on the clock and was running fine. I do 95% motorway miles.

After the service I noticed that there was a loss of power especially when going up hill. Whereas before if I were going up a slight hill at 60mph a small push on the accelerator would give me a nice boost up the hill, now there is no response at all to the second half of the peddle. Even to the point were I will lose speed if the gradient is too severe. Changing down doesn't help much either. Everything else with the car seems fine, no odd noise, smoke or lack of revs - just the power.

Today (10 days + 600 miles after the service) the engine diagnostics light came up with the fault 'antipollution fault'. I am concerned that taking it to a normal garage won't give me the required expertise, but on the flip side to that I don't want to be taken to the cleaners by a dealer. Can anybody shed some light?
  • Hey, sorry to jump in. I have a 52 reg 307 hdi 90. Until the turbo comes in the car is very sluggish. The car was recently service and there were metal shards in the fuel filter. are the two things connected?

I assume this is a bad thing but I am not sure what to do as I don't know where the shards are coming from.
    I have read a number of different forums and I have the impression that the fuel pump might need replacing but I have been told they might be two pumps - one in the fuel tank and one in the engine bay.

Any help will be appriaciated.
    Thanks
  • j69ant wrote: »
    Possible Lambda ( Oxygen ) sensor.

There are two fitted to these ( by the manifold and by the cat ).

Ive seen two cars with the same error, ( one was intermittent, the other sluggish ) and neither showed up a proper error on the diagnostic machine. Just Anti Pollution Fault. My local scrappy only charged £10 for a sensor, and its eliminated the issue on both occasions. It was the manifold one on both occassions btw.

Regards

Ant

was that a 2.0 diesel or petrol ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills