Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Comments

• Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edwink wrote: »

So all in all we are very pleased with the income the solars have generated. As posted they have covered all our bills except the Council Tax and our car.

Edwink ;)

Well done Edwink, weather forecast is bad; great to hear some good news, excellent !
    :bdaycake: :bdaycake: :easter_os :easter_os
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edwink wrote: »
    Got our final fit payment for the year this morning. Sent fit reading by e-mail to Eon on 17th, at end of day. Money was in bank this morning 8 days.

Total generation for the year is 1822kWh.
    Total payments £849.79

After a really bad start with the pv panels because of installation hold ups and the fact that we have had the inverter changed. Firstly was going to have 2 x 1200 Sunny Boy inverters. These were not installed as electrician said they where wrong for our system. Had to have another one delivered this was a Sunny Boy 2400 and have electrician come back to wire up. Several weeks later this was changed to one Sunny boy 1200 inverter and 2 x 600 Steccas because of having the panels installed on 2 different levels and shading issues. The whole installation took around 2 weeks before we were up and running properly. We have quite a lot of shading issues over the winter period so all in all we think the generation figure was not too bad for us.

£849.79 Fit payments for one year

£192.00 Electricity payments 12 x £16.00
    £000.00 Gas turned off
    £192.00 Water (metered)
    £145.50 TV licence
    £304.98 Buildings and contents insurance

£834.48 Total
    £ 15.31 left over

Just to explain regarding no gas usage and very low electricity use. Gas supply turned off because we have a multi fuel burning stove in living room which supplies hot water and heats 10 radiators. Also have a wood burning cooker so electricity useage is very low. We have low wattage bulbs all over the house, even in the understairs cuboard and in the loft. No dishwasher and only have the washing machine on twice a week (average).

During the summer months we use a small portable cooker with oven/grill and 2 rings or a slow cooker for cooking. This uses the electricity generated by the solars.

So all in all we are very pleased with the income the solars have generated. As posted they have covered all our bills except the Council Tax and our car.

Edwink ;)

Wow,that insurance seems a bit on the high side. Can't say i've paid more than £120-150 a year for both B & C insurance on a 3 bed detatched. Even got my brothers down to £160 on a 4 bed det. Please tell me you don't just renew with your existing insurer? I thought you were doing REALLY well with your bills till i saw that.

Tunnel
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • Oscargrouch
    Forumite
    tunnel wrote: »
    Wow,that insurance seems a bit on the high side. Can't say i've paid more than £120-150 a year for both B & C insurance on a 3 bed detatched. Even got my brothers down to £160 on a 4 bed det. Please tell me you don't just renew with your existing insurer? I thought you were doing REALLY well with your bills till i saw that.

Tunnel

I pay more than Ed for a 4 bed det. I can get it cheaper but choose to use one that I know from experience pays up without hassle. Also included are PV panels, very low excess and, when I go on Holiday all I need is health cover as all other items are covered on House Policy. Much prefer to know I have good insurance rather than find I am paying for hassle if anything happens. NFU Mutual.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,959
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 25 February 2013 at 3:15PM
    I pay more than Ed for a 4 bed det. I can get it cheaper but choose to use one that I know from experience pays up without hassle. Also included are PV panels, very low excess and, when I go on Holiday all I need is health cover as all other items are covered on House Policy. Much prefer to know I have good insurance rather than find I am paying for hassle if anything happens. NFU Mutual.

We have a 3 bed detached. Our insurance has gone up over the years as others have found in Hertfordshire and indeed other areas. I have shopped around but as Oscar says I can get it cheaper but choose to use one from experience. We have loads covered with the policy including lost keys etc and bicycles stored outside etc etc. We have accidental damage included too!! Also have a low excess with the policy. So have been happy with it although it has gone up quite a bit over the past few years. We always do a bit of researching before deciding to renew.

Just double checked what we actually paid and it was £299.00. The £304.00 I stated was the policy price including 2% added for credit card payments.

Will edit my original post!!

Edwink x
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • tunnel
    tunnel Posts: 2,588
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well i've just checked mine and this year paid £150 for B & C,went through a cashback site for another £60 back so paid a grand total of £90. I did compare like for like and found no difference whatsoever. I'm with Aviva too so no back street ins company either. They do pay out quite well too(made a claim while i was with them about 10 years ago) Always worth checking the cashback sites,you just never know,there's always a cracking deal to be had.

Tunnel
    2 kWp SEbE , 2kWp SSW & 2.5kWp NWbW.....in sunny North Derbyshire17.7kWh Givenergy battery added(for the power hungry kids)
  • shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    arrrg arrg arrg 0.29 kwh you can guess what the weather was like :mad::mad:
  • Oscargrouch
    Forumite
    tunnel wrote: »
    Always worth checking the cashback sites,you just never know,there's always a cracking deal to be had.

Tunnel

Although this reply is off topic, sorry, (not) Some two years ago went on Hols to Spain, took out a cheap Holiday Policy off internet. Had bag thieved at Gerona, Spain. Lost Passport, hotel details, credit card, return tickets, sun glasses etc etc etc. Went to claim on cheap cover. Did not want to count it as 1 claim and 1 excess. Oh no, had to itemise each item in the bag & there was £75.00 per item.:mad: Some weeks later talking to the NFU about something else, happen to mention it; back came the comment, look up on the internet what you have lost, and it is covered on your policy; send us the internet equivalent price, and away you go. New for Old, that's what I now call Assurance as well as Insurance. Since then I have saved the extra premium paid for House & Contents by not needing Hol Ins; apart from as said Health Care. :beer:
    shafeeq wrote: »
    arrrg arrg arrg 0.29 kwh you can guess what the weather was like :mad::mad:

Anyway, back to topic, sorry, (not) a 400 Wh today, eat your words Shafeeq..... smiley-laughing021.gif

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    1.04kWh today.

Just heard that our area may witness something very unusual in the skies on Wed......the Sun:j

Fingers and toes crossed:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • legoman62 wrote: »
    1.04kWh today.

Just heard that our area may witness something very unusual in the skies on Wed......the Sun:j

Fingers and toes crossed:D

And anything else that is possible: smiley-sex022.gif

• edwink wrote: »

Edwink ;)

You'll have the anti-FiTs people in fits :p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport