Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Comments

• Evening All

Well I didn't go swimming or running but went on an extra long walk with the dog so I don't feel so bad.

Finding the double hea interesting....i don't eat cheese so effectively on double milk - don't think I've ever drunk so much coffee trying to use it up!

Had a stir fry tonight so pleased with that.

Hopefully this will be a good week to try & lose some of the Christmas/ NY gain
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I mean I take it that it is still the same that you dont have to use your hex's?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SarahC74
    SarahC74 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello all, may I join again please? Life has been a bit tricky health wise recently but I’m back and focussed again now! Could you put me down for 7lb please Chris? I lost 1lb last week amazingly after blowing it over Christmas. Luckily I’ve been moving around more and I think that must have really helped. Fingers crossed for next week :o
    “WHAT WE FEAR DOING MOST IS USUALLY WHAT WE MOST NEED TO DO.” RALPH WALDO EMERSON
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    SarahC74 wrote: »
    Hello all, may I join again please? Life has been a bit tricky health wise recently but I’m back and focussed again now! Could you put me down for 7lb please Chris? I lost 1lb last week amazingly after blowing it over Christmas. Luckily I’ve been moving around more and I think that must have really helped. Fingers crossed for next week :o

Welcome to our very lovely thread :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    beanielou wrote: »
    I mean I take it that it is still the same that you dont have to use your hex's?

You're right beanie . HEXs are extra to the plan and not essential. There are other ways of getting calcium and fibre.

I'm not planning in the extra HEA yet as I don't feel confident about it. It'll be a bit of a safety net as I don't measure my milk and on the days I have cereal or porage I probably go a bit over.
  • Good morning all....

guess who's back...back again...

few changes here - I'm now a single mum living at my parents...yep finally left the controlling, abusive, cheating (ex)husband. we won't mention him further...lawyers are dealing with him and he's breached a court undertaking over Christmas so waiting to see what they do with him for that.

I'm signed off work with stress from it. they paid me in full for 6 weeks and said they'd continue to but have written to me this week putting me on SSP. not being funny but how does the government expect anyone to survive on SSP?

I am having sinus surgery after all, it's scheduled for 28th January. i have to fast on the Sunday before and its 2 days no driving afterwards. I think its 2 weeks recovery after but I'll need to go back to work asap really due to the money thing.

I've ordered the new books from Ebay, they apparently come with a voucher for free registration and 2 weeks free. I wouldn't usually buy from ebay but i can't face group here and if i go once and not go back I'll feel incredibly guilty - that's why i end up going for months and months after i stop losing weight/getting as much support as i feel i 'owe' the consultant something :/

obviously I'll not have the syns online access etc but I will use a mix of the new book and older syns guides plus asking here.

Going to put some potatoes in the slowcooker in a minute to 'bake' for quick meals. will have those with tuna/beans/cheese.

Parents big chest freezer if full of all sorts so we will be eating from that this month but will do my best
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Great to see you back here Lush, and glad things have finally come to a head with your ex and you can start to move on with your life. (I mean that in the kindest possible way, it looks a bit harsh there in black and white!)

Welcome SarahC and well done on your loss Got2!

Well, I got up at the crack of dawn and went out for a run while it was still dark! It was hard work, so I know I've made the right choice starting from scratch with the C25K. Feeling really good that I've made the first step now :)

Today, having a go at Meat Free Monday:
    B - Porridge, banana
    D - Veg soup
    T - Aubergine curry with couscous
    HEA - Milk in coffee and porridge
    HEB - Oats
    Syns - Sugar in coffee and porridge (6), maybe a hot chocolate before bed (2) = 8

Will chop up some raw carrots to munch on before yoga tonight, can't have a full tea before I go! :o
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Sorry for not checking in over Christmas. I hope everyone survived food wise.... I'm not sure I did, so I'm SP'ing hard until my first weigh in of 2019 which I've decided will be next Tuesday.

Good luck for the week :D
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Perhaps someone should keep count how much in total we lose:D

That'll be me then :rotfl:

Hi Marmie :hello: Great loss for your first week :)
  • Chrisv
    Chrisv Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Bake Off Boss!
    Here is the first chart of the new challenge - nice to see so many new people.

Please let me know if there are any errors/omissions :)

sw-7-1-1.jpg
    sw-7-1-2.jpg

Well done got2dothisnow on SOTW :T

*SOTW is the person who lost most this week who also lost or maintained last week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure