<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    Still moving slowly forwards, painful day with too much time in the car - but probably for the last time on this contract.

£10 voucher ordered from SB.

Need to start thinking about income for March which has a project shaped hole in it.
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fingers crossed it all goes to plan and a new contract is just around the corner. Some of our parents spoke about the possibility of a last minute rescue mission to get us through until the end of the summer term, but I don't think it's likely. Not even sure it would be helpful at this stage. I'm just so gutted for those kids who will struggle to thrive anywhere else.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You seem to be managing the stress very well Redo.

I love the image of the cat sleeping on top of a dead microwave in the garden :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Ha DIA, the surface is clam but there is a frenzy of activity underneath.
    MrsC I am used to dealing with adult reactions to those situations, I cant even begin to imagine the child reactions. I know my pair would react really badly to any change like that.

Very tired and sore today but have so much to do. Working on documents for a date that may move is quite frustrating, hate having to be vague in a work context but out of my control. Actually the point is that I hate not being in control anywhere.

In between the work bits I went out and bought a cake for tomorrow as the boys insisted, did the business VAT return and paid my 'wages' from the business. Scheduled the clear the credit card payments (car insurance on mine, dentists on his) to go out as soon as his wages are in, and made a rounding up payment to my post office savings. His monthly saver matures tomorrow, and I want to do a new one as it is 5%, but must remember to wait until after pay day this time.

The bank annoyingly sent him a text to tell him it was maturing, he had no idea he had one until they did that :cool:
  • MrsChaos
    MrsChaos Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're doing so well to juggle the finances. Mine are a lot more straight forward.

Glad this week is over. We'll try for as much normality as possible until we close, but I suspect it will become very disjointed before long.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    So yesterday had a planned spend for a long walk and birthday lunch out but I was too sore so we didn't go.. Saved on lunch and petrol at least, silver linings and all that.

Instead we did pub lunch from freezer - so a
    prawn cocktail starter - makro bulk buy prawns, defrosted, drained and then sprinkled with lemon juice and left for an hour. Pink sauce with value mayo, tom sauce and a shake of Tabasco. Bun ring in the middle of the plate, prawns and pink sauce layered in to the top then a sprinkle of cayenne, sprinkle of green salad leaves round the edge, drizzle of simple oil and lemon dressing on the leaves, then remove the bun ring. We had it with part baked seeded dinner rolls. Was v nice.

Steak and/or BBQ ribs with saute potatoes and peas. The ribs were on offer in MrL - the boil in the bag type that you shove in the oven for a bit to crisp up. We used to go to a lovely pub in Wales (near Nefyn) that did the best ribs in a hot spicy sauce and I have been trying to recreate it for years. This time I tried passata, splosh of bbq sauce, honey, chipotle flakes, a dash of the cheap piri piri seasoning (MrM) and a star anise. Simmered for five minutes, then left it to start while I cooked everything else. Was lovely, and we would have again, possibly with halloumi rather than the ribs.

Boys had chocolate cake (bought) for pudding so they were happy.

Had some lovely flowers from my sister which was nice of her, and a gloriously warm full length zip up fleece and some more of my favourite rose bath oil from the boys. OH unhappy that we hadn't bought me anything but I cant see the point when I don't want anything very much. He wanted to go and look in TK Maxx but I think it is fatal to look, if you are short of cash then don't even go into the book bit, or the clothes bit, or the toys bit. If you look then you will find an unmissable 'bargain' or a 'need' that you didn't know you had. He bought me a big bar of whole nut instead :)

I realised with some shame that Thursday/Friday I had no fruit and veg at all. None. I am back to eating biscuits which make me ill and still not having enough calories. This has to stop.

Yesterday - orange juice, mushrooms, tomatoes, green salad (for Greenbee), peas, and blueberries.

'Free' electricity Sunday: WM and TD are on, and my plug in heater. Time to get some toms roasting to have with mushrooms and scrambled eggs for breakfast.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Dinner sounds comparable to anything you'd have if you'd gone out. You should put even half of what you would have spent into a treat pot for when you really could do with a lift. For me the TK Maxx danger zone is the homewares. I can always find something that I'd like.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy belated birthday :)

My danger zone in TK is the handbag section. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the greenery :)

I'm eating fruit today as it won't last until I'm back. Not sure what to do about food for the next few weeks as I'm only going to be back for about 48 hours each week. May just have to live on soup...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Glad you had a good birthday and celebrated it your way., plus it was probably a lot less than going to the pub.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback