Buffy Keeps on the Straight and Narrow

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Pooky wrote: »
    If she speaks to the GP or care team they should be able to get him sorted with a wheelchair so they can at least get out and about (ramps can be put in for him to get out of the house). Getting out and about was what saved my sanity after E's accident.

Does he have family that can visit and take over for a few hours so she can get out on her own?

And poor dogs! They seem to have very sensitive tummies, does stress set them off? Is there a dog version of feliway? Maybe that would help.

He has a wheel chair, they can't fit the ramps "yet". My sister has bought one herself to get him out in to the garden (he can't go far as the garden is all steps) He doesn't have any other family, in the 20 years they have been together he has never mentioned anyone. And in any case he doesn't want to be left with other people as far as I can tell. I will go and see them at the weekend and see if there is any progress. I know physios have been and stuff. Just seems slow and disjointed to me.

The dogs FINALLY had normal poo today. We had a nice walk and a good game tonight. Dog one won't eat his dinner but ate mine (I fell asleep and he finished the oven chips....) I have the dog feilaway - doesn't make a huge difference but has only been 3 weeks? Is it meant to take longer??

They do suffer a lot of anxiety. Some nights if I think they are bad I have taken them up to bed with me. They love that. and so do I!
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Make sure your sister is known to the local authority adult social care as a carer, she'll get help and a carer's payment once a year. She needs to have some time to herself - I speak from experience here.

What sort of dogs have you got, are they a breed prone to stress/tummy problems?
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great idea from SA.
    Its Friday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Make sure your sister is known to the local authority adult social care as a carer, she'll get help and a carer's payment once a year. She needs to have some time to herself - I speak from experience here.

What sort of dogs have you got, are they a breed prone to stress/tummy problems?

beanielou wrote: »
    Great idea from SA.
    Its Friday :)

I am not sure she is ready for that yet, I have a mate who works with disabled children and parents getting what they need, but she has told me a few things and sister just behaves as tho it isn't her it doesn't apply to her. But I will give it time. I mean life is really not what it was. It is a shocking change. So much so I don't really get it.

The dogs are Shihtzus and so prone to this sort of thing, their poo settled down finally on Friday and I came home to a clean kitchen. Both still edgy tho..... and Dog one wouldn't eat dinner but did eat breakfast this morning.

I was going to go out tonight but really cannot face the thought. I want to enjoy some alone time and make sure the dogs are ok.

Need to get on, got up early due to fence quote coming round - a much more reasonable 1210.

so I have e mailed for him to do it. hopefully soon.

starving but need to go shopping..... might have some toast and then go out.

XXX
  • beanielou
    Options
    An evening in sounds like just what you need..
    I was at a friends last night & as I had a pounding sore head I had no gin.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Buffythedebtslayer Posts: 18,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello folks

Been super miserable. weather and other stuff means I haven't sorted anything whilst Mum has been away.

boss got new job which means really school will be a mess. My immediate thought was to quit. But I don't know. I sort of wanted to do another year. But it will be hell. they aren't replacing him and we don't manage well at the moment. The year would be hard.

Also neighbour things are worse. much worse. I discussed with mum before she left about putting up lots of bushes as I felt a fence would antagonise him. However he had a huge go in the garden and I decided bushes weren't going to cut it. Plus the gardener is !!!!!. So disappointed with him.

Also one of my friends - my oldest and dearest (well one of 3 in a gang of four who I love more than life itself), she has found out her Mum might have cancer. That woman is as much put of my childhood as my friend is. I just can't stand all the sadness. The relentless sadness and misery (sorry, loads of child protection !!!! at work plus neighbour plus things in the news plus just general !!!!!!!g misery.)

I need to check my bank.

sending love to you all XXXXX
  • beanielou
    Options
    Sorry that things are tough Buffster.
    Keep plodding my friend xxx

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lots of love to you Buffy x
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just popping in to send virtual love and hugs. Sorry its tough at the moment. I hope things take a turn for the better soon. Lx

:lovethoug :lovethoug
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,284 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    There's too much of this cancer news at the moment, it's unreal. As you know I lost a colleague last week and two more have it at the moment. What's going on?

Sorry to hear about the other stuff too :(

Take care and big hugs xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills