DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Comments

• ash28
    ash28 Posts: 1,789 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    HonestS wrote: »
    Hi, I’m putting all my information into NEDCAB so I can generate my holding letters. This might be a silly question but where do you get the addresses from, or do I just send them to any address related to the bank/company?

When I generated my holding letters through NEDCAB the address sections were automatically completed by NEDCAB, that was for Barclaycard and Capital One. I didn't have to look for the addresses myself.
  • Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a query but don't have the option to post as a new thread. Basically I'm seeking advice with regards to credit when currently on a DMP via SC. My car is on a PCP finance scheme with the options due in April 2019. I really want to keep the vehicle but do not have the £5000 'balloon' payment I need. I have kept all payments over the last 3 years up to date and know can afford £200 per month. Does anyone have any advice as to where I begin to see if I can get credit for the 5k? In an ideal world a 0% credit card over 27 months would be perfect, but of course as my other debts are on a DMP I would never be offered this. I do need to have a car and this one I have is worth 10k. Sorry if this is not the correct place to post
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Shelleyrob wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a query but don't have the option to post as a new thread. Basically I'm seeking advice with regards to credit when currently on a DMP via SC. My car is on a PCP finance scheme with the options due in April 2019. I really want to keep the vehicle but do not have the £5000 'balloon' payment I need. I have kept all payments over the last 3 years up to date and know can afford £200 per month. Does anyone have any advice as to where I begin to see if I can get credit for the 5k? In an ideal world a 0% credit card over 27 months would be perfect, but of course as my other debts are on a DMP I would never be offered this. I do need to have a car and this one I have is worth 10k. Sorry if this is not the correct place to post

Hi,

Welcome to the DMP support group.

Its always difficult to advise when you have no real information to go on, so this is my basic common sense response, as you are in debt management, its unlikely you will get further credit at present, obviously this balloon payment has come as no surprise to you, yet you have not saved anything towards paying it.

It appears as though you are still trying to cling to your credit bubble existence, with fancy ideas of expensive cars, and no means to finance them, seriously, you can buy a perfectly good, reliable car for a grand or less, you need to tone down the ambition until your debts are re-paid, and you can then look at building yourself up again.

I don`t want to come across as been harsh, you just need to re-visit your light-bulb moment me-thinks.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • HonestS
    HonestS Posts: 49 Forumite
    Thank you Ethel & Ernest and Ash, if found the addresses part now so will generate new holding letters :)
  • sourcrates wrote: »
    Hi,

Welcome to the DMP support group.

Its always difficult to advise when you have no real information to go on, so this is my basic common sense response, as you are in debt management, its unlikely you will get further credit at present, obviously this balloon payment has come as no surprise to you, yet you have not saved anything towards paying it.

It appears as though you are still trying to cling to your credit bubble existence, with fancy ideas of expensive cars, and no means to finance them, seriously, you can buy a perfectly good, reliable car for a grand or less, you need to tone down the ambition until your debts are re-paid, and you can then look at building yourself up again.

I don`t want to come across as been harsh, you just need to re-visit your light-bulb moment me-thinks.

Just to add my agreement to this.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• I thought taking out more credit while on a DMP can jeopardise the DMP. So not a good idea.
    Paddle No 21 :wave:
  • Hi, I have just joined. Had to face up to being in £17000 of CC debt. I tried to get a debt consolidation loan yesterday, but was turned down, and maybe that was for the best? The repayments would have been less than the minimum payments on the cards, but I suppose the lender considers me a bad risk, although I have not yet missed or been late with a payment, and my Experian credit score, (which they used) shows "Good". Considering DMP with Stepchange. Their debt remedy came up with DMP as solution over 4 years 10 months. I feel so stupid and ashamed, and cannot sleep for worry. I am not young and should know better than to have got into this mess at my age! I have no pension to cash in early. I am still working and plan to do so for next 7-8 years, and finally should get my state pension next September in addition to my salary, albeit taxed! I had also thought I would get this at age 60! This should allow me to pay it off even quicker. £8000 CC debt is with Halifax and I wonder if I should ask them if they would consider a debt consolidation loan or to go with the DMP?
    Woke up to reality 13/01/19
    4 creditors - £18170 :eek:
  • Dmp is the best thing I did. Interest has been stopped on all but one of my debts which is saving me loads and debts are not getting higher! My credit file is in pieces anyway so wasn't worried about ruining that! Creditors have been great and its nice having money left over at the end of the month which is actually yours!
  • Dmp is the best thing I did. Interest has been stopped on all but one of my debts which is saving me loads and debts are not getting higher! My credit file is in pieces anyway so wasn't worried about ruining that! Creditors have been great and its nice having money left over at the end of the month which is actually yours!
    Thank you for your advice. I think it's the shock of facing up to this, that is making me reluctant to jump in with the DMP, after being in denial for so long. But the worry has really got to me and is spoiling my life, and of course as I can only blame myself, I am feeling pretty low. I am so ashamed and don't want any of my family friends or colleagues to know that I am in debt. Somehow it seems easier to say you have a loan rather than be on a DMP, But that's the whole problem, perhaps. Credit is too easy. This thread is helping as I realise many other people are in the same boat and I must take control. Thanks.
    Woke up to reality 13/01/19
    4 creditors - £18170 :eek:
  • Consolidation just get you into more trouble! Dmp is still a loan just a reduced payment one. Make sure you get an emergency fund together as all the posters will tell you here! Do not consolidate, you will feel relief once it starts and like me you will be able to sleep and not worry about things anymore!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback