Slimming through the Winter - Slimming World support thread 2019

Comments

• sarymclary
    sarymclary Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Happy birthday for tomorrow Haylaluru I hope you have a lovely day. What are you seeing at the cinema? I'm sure all food is syn/calorie free on birthdays, isn't it?

I'm off out with OH all day tomorrow, so hoping to get to post tomorrow night. We will be buying food while we are out, but I've said to OH that if cafes/restaurants aren't SW friendly, we will nip into a supermarket and get a salad or some such on plan item. Don't want to risk being off plan if I can help it.
    One day the clocks will stop, and time won't mean a thing

Be nice to your children, they'll choose your care home
  • TheTalkingDead
    TheTalkingDead Posts: 229 Forumite
    edited 12 January 2019 at 10:56PM
    I did SW over a year ago and have now returned Monday just gone, its hard getting back to the swing of things and wow so many changes to plan, that everytime I asked a question I was met with an expression of "oh love him, he's been gone so long with lost puppy dog eyes" and "I'm smiling, but this is getting repetitive". I felt welcomed back though.

This week I've felt like someone has superglued my lip's together on an empty stomach, If my stomach had tear ducts I would have to carry empty pales to catch the tears, stomach is most certainly whinging by the noise it is making and the cramping I'm experiencing.

I started the week with Speed and proteins thinking fuller for longer approach like last time, I cooked a lovely fresh cod (fry light naturally) even drove to my local Iceland to pick up some SW parsley sauce that I had eyeballed on the info table in the SW centre. Lots of fresh veg, put it all on the plate, took on bite out the cod with the parsley sauce and immediately regretting buying the sauce not taste testing it and putting it all on my plate, parsley sauce was not for me, oat porridge and parsley with quark sprung to mind. So I wasted a good 2 hours on something I didn't get to eat, not SW fault but mine, but damn! I had gone off eating at this point.

That night for supper me and the wife did a cooked prawn salad, with pasta, as a side we had to large corn on the cobs each, Then I had 2 fried eggs on toast with ground pepper and ground sea salt.

Its been a veg and fruit kind of week, then I did a spaghetti bolognaise, I don't like celery so left it out -5% fat minced beef, and as I have always done before placing fried mince in my sauce, I squeeze the mince to rid it of any fat juices it still has, beef Stock pot (don't like oxo cubes), passata, didn't have chopped tinned tomato's so used an oil free tomato puree instead to give thickness, Lots of mushrooms lots of onions, lots of carrots, salt, pepper, and it was a nice meal, also had a side of salad.

The first time I weighed in over a year ago I was 13st 9, this time 14st I'm 5,6 and the fat is all central tummy and thighs. My wife is a lot heavier than I am and whilst I want to get back to my "natural" weight, I also want my wife to come back to hers, when we met she was a healthy 10st there abouts, 16 years and kids later, and self neglect to give the kids our everything and anything in life, she weighed in at 21st, I know I paused in shock, and thought where the hell did this all come from, then I realised we paid no attention to ourselves diet wise, and focused on the kids more, that we lost sight of health.
    Spent the week consoling my wife, it hit her hard as she went through the years ignoring it and build a level of denial and put up a wall about it. I took some convincing its worth doing SW to regain our weight and put it back under control.

It's time this time, I will do this whilst helping my wife do it.
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Was a bit disappointed with my food today.

Had pasta carbonara for lunch. It was tete's recipe and I like the idea, but I don't think I used enough fromage frais as it didn't seem very creamy. It was okay and I will eat tomorrow's (made two portions), but not sure I would make it again.

Then SW tikka masala for dinner. Even though I put less spice in, found it too hot for me. Tasted how I imagine a hot curry should taste if you like that kind of thing though. Just a shame after all that faff with making it etc. I made three portions and will eat one of them (although, will I? It will probably just sit in the freezer for ages) and give one to my dad.

Then the lemonade I got to replace wine just wasn't as nice as I was expecting. It was raspberry and rose and I don't think I liked the rose flavour.

So, a disappointing day foodwise. Had three chocolate oaties to make up for it. Don't feel bad about it as it was pudding as I am still off wine, so still less than I would normally eat.

Tomorrow:-

B - Coffee

L - Wrap pizza
    Pineapple Salsa
    Yogurt
    Hula Hoops

D - Rump Steak
    Wedges or Jacket Pot
    Vegetables that I can find.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    Sary~~I know what you mean about the chat chat clap clap.

The social team do sign a confidentiallty clause!
    I didnt have too,but then i was pay
    Haylaluru wrote: »
    Evening everyone

Well done on all of your losses.👏👏

It's been a long week. Started in my new school full time so it's been hectic. Feel like I've hardly seen my daughter as she's had to go to breakfast and after school club, then by the time we've been to my parents to check on my dad and take his dogs out it's nearly 6pm before we get to sit down together. 😞

Anyway despite not having time to post I've kept more or less to plan apart from the last of the New Years rice cake that I guessed syns for.

Weigh in this morning and managed a 4 lb loss so chuffed with that.

It's my Birthday tomorrow, we're going for food and then the cinema. I'm sure I read somewhere in the New plan that any syns eaten on your birthday don't count so I'm going to make the most of it 😂😂
    Happy Birthday :bdaycake:
    Well done on your loss:j:j:j
    I did SW over a year ago and have now returned Monday just gone, its hard getting back to the swing of things and wow so many changes to plan, that everytime I asked a question I was met with an expression of "oh love him, he's been gone so long with lost puppy dog eyes" and "I'm smiling, but this is getting repetitive". I felt welcomed back though.

This week I've felt like someone has superglued my lip's together on an empty stomach, If my stomach had tear ducts I would have to carry empty pales to catch the tears, stomach is most certainly whinging by the noise it is making and the cramping I'm experiencing.

I started the week with Speed and proteins thinking fuller for longer approach like last time, I cooked a lovely fresh cod (fry light naturally) even drove to my local Iceland to pick up some SW parsley sauce that I had eyeballed on the info table in the SW centre. Lots of fresh veg, put it all on the plate, took on bite out the cod with the parsley sauce and immediately regretting buying the sauce not taste testing it and putting it all on my plate, parsley sauce was not for me, oat porridge and parsley with quark sprung to mind. So I wasted a good 2 hours on something I didn't get to eat, not SW fault but mine, but damn! I had gone off eating at this point.

That night for supper me and the wife did a cooked prawn salad, with pasta, as a side we had to large corn on the cobs each, Then I had 2 fried eggs on toast with ground pepper and ground sea salt.

Its been a veg and fruit kind of week, then I did a spaghetti bolognaise, I don't like celery so left it out -5% fat minced beef, and as I have always done before placing fried mince in my sauce, I squeeze the mince to rid it of any fat juices it still has, beef Stock pot (don't like oxo cubes), passata, didn't have chopped tinned tomato's so used an oil free tomato puree instead to give thickness, Lots of mushrooms lots of onions, lots of carrots, salt, pepper, and it was a nice meal, also had a side of salad.

The first time I weighed in over a year ago I was 13st 9, this time 14st I'm 5,6 and the fat is all central tummy and thighs. My wife is a lot heavier than I am and whilst I want to get back to my "natural" weight, I also want my wife to come back to hers, when we met she was a healthy 10st there abouts, 16 years and kids later, and self neglect to give the kids our everything and anything in life, she weighed in at 21st, I know I paused in shock, and thought where the hell did this all come from, then I realised we paid no attention to ourselves diet wise, and focused on the kids more, that we lost sight of health.
    Spent the week consoling my wife, it hit her hard as she went through the years ignoring it and build a level of denial and put up a wall about it. I took some convincing its worth doing SW to regain our weight and put it back under control.

It's time this time, I will do this whilst helping my wife do it.

Hello and welcome :D
    Why was your stomach gurgling ? wind or hunger as you should never be hungry:cool:
    I am not keen on SW stuff from Iceland but do like the curry sauce but others say its horrible, but i make a syn fry curry out of it, add garlic, onions, chicken and mushrooms, i usually put my pictures on here :D
    Does you wife WANT to lose weight though? because if her mind is not set correct she wont do it as will eat other things behind your back in secret.
    Good luck on your journey as it is a lifestyle change and i for one didn't think i would do it but i did and my dh embraced it after he couldnt get in his trousers:rotfl::rotfl: i have maintained now since last March
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Pollyanna, again SWmeals are very hit and miss, some like them some dont , i dont
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • sarymclary wrote: »
    D - M&S Cumberland pie (11?) (can anyone advise on the syns for this? It was less fat/cals than the cottage pie. Will look up the nutrition info.) with broccoli & carrots
    Nutrition values: 1/4 pack 312 cals; sat.fat - 5.1; carbs 29.4; sugar - 6g; fibre 4.2g; protein 21.3g - 312 on the 20 cals per syn rule of thumb makes it 15.6 syns. I can live with that, it was delicious, and far better than the McD's or KFC we used to always have on a Saturday night. Totally stuffed now too.

Marks & Spencer Cumberland Pie with Minced Beef, chilled (200g pack) = 6

This was the only result (apart from a fish version) - not as bad as you thought?!
    Was a bit disappointed with my food today.

Had pasta carbonara for lunch. It was tete's recipe and I like the idea, but I don't think I used enough fromage frais as it didn't seem very creamy. It was okay and I will eat tomorrow's (made two portions), but not sure I would make it again.

Oh dear! It might be that it's not actually very nice, I'm just so used to making it like that that it tastes fine to me :o:rotfl:

Welcome TheTalkingDead! It's great that you and your wife are doing SW together and will be able to support each other! If you have been hungry then it may help to increase your carb intake - I only tried the SP plan for a few days once and it left me so hungry I ended up bingeing on rubbish - not for me at all.

Well done to all the losers, too many to keep track of!

Happy birthday Haylaluru!!

Plan for today is a 'foraging in the kitchen' one as I don't intend to leave the house.
    B - Coffee
    D - Bacon and tomato sandwich using a Warburtons Wholemeal Thin
    T - Shepherds pie from the freezer - this I've marked up as 2 syns because there's cheese in the mash but I guess it could be free now, green beans
    HEA - Milk and cheese
    HEB - Warburtons Thin (not strictly a HEB option but similar things are and I'm not having anything else today so sod it)
    Syns - Sugar in coffee (6), hot chocolate (2) = 8
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    tweets wrote: »
    I wouldn't like that at class would drive me potty.

I will clap myself if I lose weight :D

Hope OH soon better ...

What's the procedure tweets?
    I've got my Mag, do I phone to book in ?
    If I register with my real details will I get chased for payment for not attending further meetings if I decide it's not for me?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curl_girl
    Morning all.

STS
    for me, pleased as I had 2 days of eating left over Christmas rubbish followed by a drunk Friday which I didn't really enjoy.

Back on plan this week.
  • curl_girl
    Sary, that's my worst nightmare!

Do you get weighed in front of everyone?
    Do I have to do an introductory speech?
    I'm putting myself off before I go.
  • bubbs
    curl_girl wrote: »
    What's the procedure tweets?
    I've got my Mag, do I phone to book in ?
    If I register with my real details will I get chased for payment for not attending further meetings if I decide it's not for me?
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Sary, that's my worst nightmare!

Do you get weighed in front of everyone?
    Do I have to do an introductory speech?
    I'm putting myself off before I go.

What happens is find your nearest group, go along with voucher and say you would like to join, you fill a form and listen with the consultant and anyone else thats joining while she explains the plan to you, will ask you have much you would like to lose, so either say what you want to lose or you are taking it one week at a time;)

No everyone ques to get weighed but no one else apart from the person that weighs you will see, so don't worry there.

Just go, jin, listen and get your books, never step through thedoor again, it will be fine 99% of people are friendly and that end of the day we all go for the same reason.
    You will be fine, promise x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure