Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    This was posted on the 24th June but there have been no revisions since then. I hope Kazza is okay - and that is partially selfish because in the past I have found this thread to be such a useful repository of information.
    According to their profile, they were last on the forum yesterday evening, so presumably still around, but perhaps busy....
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Apparently Paragon are increasing (some of?) their cash isa rates from 1 September.

I have just been emailed by them advising that their Limited Edition Easy Access Cash ISA (Issue 1) which is closed to new investors is seeing its rate increased by 0.26% from 1.05% to 1.31%. But I have had no such notification that the increase will be applied to the ISAs open to new investors (which I have some of too). Perhaps those emails will come later!
  • typistretired
    typistretired Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Coventry BS are increasing my ISA Reward (which is closed to new customers) from 1st September 2018 to 1.40% (0.10% increase)
    "Look after your pennies and your pounds will look after themselves"
  • Newly_retired
    Newly_retired Posts: 2,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Coventry BS are increasing my ISA Reward (which is closed to new customers) from 1st September 2018 to 1.40% (0.10% increase)

Back to where it used to be then.
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Back to where it used to be then.
    except that the boe rate is now 0.25% higher. Just as the Coventry planned.
  • Yorkshire Building Society have brought out a "Single Access Saver ISA issue 2 paying 1.35% interest (variable). Transfers in are allowed. It is not flexible as you can only withdraw the entire balance and close the account but you can do this at any time. Or you can transfer out but this would have to be the entire balance. And the account only runs for a year.
    On the anniversary of your account opening your savings will be transferred to the latest issue of Triple Access Saver ISA
    Reed
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yorkshire Building Society have brought out a "Single Access Saver ISA issue 2 paying 1.35% interest (variable). Transfers in are allowed. It is not flexible as you can only withdraw the entire balance and close the account but you can do this at any time. Or you can transfer out but this would have to be the entire balance. And the account only runs for a year.

I disagree. You can withdraw any amount of your balance from the account on one day during the anniversary year and replace that money in the same tax year it is withdrawn. You can, separately, close the account at any time.
  • isasmurf wrote: »
    I disagree. You can withdraw any amount of your balance from the account on one day during the anniversary year and replace that money in the same tax year it is withdrawn. You can, separately, close the account at any time.
    I have re-read the terms and conditions and I now think you are correct, Isasmurf. However note that YBS impose limits on how much you can withdraw per day, depending on the means of withdrawal.
    Reed
  • Kazza242 is supposedly still active but has not updated this topic or posted anything else since June 2018. It's a great pity because I cannot be the only one to have found it really useful as a source of reference.
    Reed
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Kazza242 is supposedly still active but has not updated this topic or posted anything else since June 2018. It's a great pity because I cannot be the only one to have found it really useful as a source of reference.

Try here https://www.money.co.uk/savings-accounts/cash-isas.htm
    illegitimi non carborundum
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport