When 1 buyer ruins the eBay experience...

Morning, I was having a major wardrobe spring clean, selling small items, accessories, handbags etc
Got an offer on a designer bag, which I didn’t want to accept as too low, searched name & postcode & the first thing to appear was a recent bankruptcy order.
Also the address had changed from the offer to then the when they purchased item... my Mum told me to remove the item, but I was hoping to sell it but this just rang alarm bells... Spoke with eBay about my concerns & they advised to cancel order and don’t respond to any messages. Anyone else had any issues like this? Really ruined my whoe selling experience.

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have no idea what the issue is here?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,186 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 April 2018 at 7:48AM
    Morning, I was having a major wardrobe spring clean, selling small items, accessories, handbags etc
    Got an offer on a designer bag, which I didn!!!8217;t want to accept as too low, searched name & postcode & the first thing to appear was a recent bankruptcy order.
    Also the address had changed from the offer to then the when they purchased item... my Mum told me to remove the item, but I was hoping to sell it but this just rang alarm bells... Spoke with eBay about my concerns & they advised to cancel order and don!!!8217;t respond to any messages. Anyone else had any issues like this? Really ruined my whoe selling experience.

You are going to have to explain this a little more as it makes no sense.

'Offer' was this a BIN with best offer? In which case if offer is too low you didn't have to accept it - that's what 'offer' means, you can either counter offer or just decline. If you accepted the BIN offer then you are committed to sell, researching the buyer is something you do before you accept an offer if you have concerns.

Assuming you did actually accept the offer and this item shows as sold then forget address issues - all that matters is that you send to the address shown in paypal as 'OK to send to', I have a few addresses on ebay as in the past I have sent items to my mother or sons direct - ALL that matters is the address in paypal. Also if you could see the name and postcode then it wasn't an offer it was a confirmed sale (which is why I'm confused) as you don't get to see buyer details until the transaction is complete, in that case the price they paid was the price YOU set, it wasn't an offer and if it was too low it was because that's how you set it.

As for the bankrupt bit, it' immaterial that's between the buyer and the official receiver.

No one can force you to sell now but if you choose to refund the payment and not send then you risk a defect, a negative feedback and you lose your FVFs.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I didn’t accept the offer, they paid the full asking price but ebay didn’t have on account the address which they wanted the parcel sent to.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I didn’t accept the offer, they paid the full asking price but ebay didn’t have on account the address which they wanted the parcel sent to.

What do you mean eBay didn't have the address on account? Are you saying the buyer paid and gave one address and then messaged you about sending it to another?
  • soolin
    I didn’t accept the offer, they paid the full asking price but ebay didn’t have on account the address which they wanted the parcel sent to.

I still don't understand then what this bit means then 'Got an offer on a designer bag, which I didn’t want to accept as too low'

As per theonlywayisup- what address shows when you check the payment in your paypal account- or are you saying that there isn't an address there?

Does the bit about bankruptcy have any relevance at all?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    soolin wrote: »

Does the bit about bankruptcy have any relevance at all?
    Chances are they'd be a good payer. An undischarged bankrupt wouldn't want to add to their problems (if they still have any) by not paying. It could be someone who had all their expensive items repossessed and is looking to get some back at an affordable price. Dealing with a bankrupt can often have less problems, I have a friend who rents out property and likes bankrupts, they tend to be good payers keeping their noses clean.

As for the other stuff in the OP, I can't make sense of it either.
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    How have they 'ruined' the experience? Send it to the address they gave during checkout, use tracked method of delivery etc and stop inventing problems (there are quite enough real ones!).
  • I'm sure you'd send a thousand £ product to an eBay unregistered address?
  • soolin
    I'm sure you'd send a thousand £ product to an eBay unregistered address?

Yes of course I do, what's an ebay registered address? I'm a TRS seller who has been selling on ebay for nearly 20 years and have no idea what an ebay registered address actually has to do with sending.

ALL That matters is the address on paypal, does it say OK to send? if so, that's all you need, anything else is just obstacles you appear to be using to explain why you don't want to sell. As I said above I have more than address registered on paypal, so it is very possible that the address I use when I check out of paypal does not match the one on ebay.

I'm still unclear by the way how buyer has won the item for less than your BIN or auction price though. If you have decided not to sell it then no one can force you to do so , but you do need to understand the risks to your account that I mentioned above.
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Like everyone else has said I do not quite understand the situation apart from the buyer won at your selling price (I'm guesssing it was buy it now with best offer but you turned down their offer so they bought at the buy it now price).

They paid then I get confused as to what happened. As long as the verified address in Paypal was the one they were asking you to post to I dont see a problem as you are covered (providing you post with relevant cover).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure