Top Small Biz Savings Accounts

Options
14567810»

Comments

• kennedylanduk
    Options
    Is Kent Reliance covered by the £85k FCA guarantee? I cannot post links to websites (I'm a new user) on the FCA website, Kent Reliance are listed as "No longer authorised"

But I know Kent Reliance are owned by OneSavings (which are covered). So a little confused.
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 5 February 2018 at 8:41PM
    Options
    Is Kent Reliance covered by the £85k FCA guarantee? I cannot post links to websites (I'm a new user) on the FCA website, Kent Reliance are listed as "No longer authorised"

But I know Kent Reliance are owned by OneSavings (which are covered). So a little confused.

They state HERE that "Your money is Protected. We subscribe to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme as One Savings Bank, which means your eligible deposits with Kent Reliance are protected up to a total of £85,000."

The companies, Kent Reliance Property Loans, Kent Reliance Banking Services, kent reliance, krbs & Rochester Mortgages are listed on the FSCS website as "Trading/Brand names" of One Savings Bank, so you should be covered as a small business.

No harm in checking with Reliance though if and when you decide to open an account.

Also, just as important in terms of cover, is if your company is classed as a small business.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • kennedylanduk
    Options
    Thanks, I'll give them a call before opening an account.
    Also, just as important in terms of cover, is if your company is classed as a small business.
    Yes, we definitely are classed a small business.
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller Posts: 14,012 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited 7 October 2018 at 2:32PM
    Options
    I'm just reviewing the interest rates payable on small business instant access savings accounts again, and quite like the look of the Virgin Money 'Business Access Account Issue 2', paying 1.01% AER.

For instant access they appear to be top, and, also, although it's unlikely I'd be able to use it, it gives free access to Virgin Money Lounges. It's also covered by the FSCS up to £85,000 for most SME's.

Aldermore are a smidgen below, at negligible difference, being 1.00% AER.

Both are accessible online, so it's likely, and worthwhile now, IMHO, (interest rates are now starting to be worth the move), that I'm going to move us over from our old Santander account now, paying only 0.35% AER. Unless anyone has some other ideas, but it needs to be instant access and allowing online management? :)
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
  • jogu
    jogu Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ccbank have 1.5% on 95 day notice and 1.65% on 120 day notice business savings accounts.

These seem very competitive, so if you're interested grab them ASAP - the last good ccbank accounts I posted didn't last long before they stopped accepting applications.
  • worldtraveller
    Options
    I'm just reviewing the interest rates payable on small business instant access savings accounts again, and quite like the look of the Virgin Money 'Business Access Account Issue 2', paying 1.01% AER.

For instant access they appear to be top, and, also, although it's unlikely I'd be able to use it, it gives free access to Virgin Money Lounges. It's also covered by the FSCS up to £85,000 for most SME's.

Aldermore are a smidgen below, at negligible difference, being 1.00% AER.

Both are accessible online, so it's likely, and worthwhile now, IMHO, (interest rates are now starting to be worth the move), that I'm going to move us over from our old Santander account now, paying only 0.35% AER. Unless anyone has some other ideas, but it needs to be instant access and allowing online management? :)

For further information, we wen't ahead and switched over to the Virgin Money 'Business Access Account Issue 2'. It was very straight forward to open online, with just one mandate to post to them. All set up within 10 days from application and easy to manage online using our nominated business current account with another bank.
  • jogu
    jogu Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    With all the recent drops in rates (virgin are dropping to a very disappointing 0.4%...) the current best seem to be:
    aldermore/TSB: 1% instant access

anyone seen anything better for instant/reasonably short term access?
  • 10p
    10p Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Aldermore Easy Access Account now pays only 0.50% AER, so the information in Top business savings is no longer correct.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback