Village life

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Sounds like a lovely day. So true we don't need much to be happy with kids.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Happy St Davids Day to all the Welshies!!

Little girl was SO excited to wear her traditional Welsh costume to school. They had a day of singing, folk dancing and tasting Welsh cakes, Welsh cheese, leeks etc. Her homework over the half term was to make something Welsh eg. Leek, daffodil etc. We couldn't decide what to do so we made a big daffodil and then made little drawing and stuck them on the petals, one had a Welsh lady, other a leek etc. It looked VERY homemade and guess what...... she won 1st prize out of all at reception. Some of the others I saw were amazing but I think hers looked as if she had helped and not the parents work. So proud of her!!

Our kitchen is being fitted this week, went up yesterday and I'm glad we extended the kitchen as it's now a lovely size. We are still on for the end of March and I can't wait. Kitchen money went out on Monday so put savings into account to cover that. Big money month this month and next. My car insurance, mot, tax, DH's motorbike is also due insurance etc also. So savings will take a battering. Lucky it's there really.

NSD today......1st of many in March hopefully.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I'm glad things are moving on the building front now. Well done on the amazing saving last month.

And most of all well done to the Little One on her prize:)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • Kittencat
    My little girls class has chicken pox, it's been going around everyone. At one point there were 10 children off with it! Anyway I thought we had got away with it, but her best friends mum has just text me to say she has chicken pox!! AAAHHH! I know it's best for her to have it young but I would rather wait until we are in our own house! Fingers crossed she won't get it for at least another month!
  • Bobarella
    Congratulations to your DD on her win. That's so good!

I remember my son getting chicken pox as I had to get cover at work which wasn't easy. Thankfully he didn't get hit too badly as some kids can be really unwell.

• Kittencat
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Congratulations to your DD on her win. That's so good!

I remember my son getting chicken pox as I had to get cover at work which wasn't easy. Thankfully he didn't get hit too badly as some kids can be really unwell.

Thanks Bob. :beer:
  • Kittencat
    I'm getting really paranoid about my little one getting chicken pox. I'm not worried about her having chicken pox more around the timing. We have no other childcare options in the day time, other than myself and DH. My parents still work and the in-laws live too far away, so I have to take leave from work when she is ill (thankfully hasn't happened much), my boss is very hard and makes you feel really guilty. My DH is fab and if he is on a rest day he will look after her and he will even take emergency child care leave (his is paid and mine is not) but he is an emergency service worker and I can't expect him to do this every time. I worry about what work will say even though my little girl comes first always. I need to calm down and if she gets the pox then I will deal with it. Every other parent has to. I'm just weak and worry about things that don't really matter in the larger scheme of things!

OK.......Friday is always treat day for DD if she has been good all week, so after school we always go to the local supermarket and she picks a magazine and Kinder egg so no NSD today but that's OK.

Kitchen is in! Bathroom next week.....yeah
  • Bobarella
    Totally sympathise. Until recently every time my son was ill my husband had to stay home and I couldn't. If I didn't go to work the place wouldn't open and we'd lose a days takings. It was very difficult. OH was very good and thankfully we didn't have that many bad ones.

You are right to take that view, as in try not to stress until it happens, easier said than done isn't it.

• Kittencat
    edited 8 March 2017 at 8:59PM
    Hi Diary

The house is coming on nicely. Had a blip with the kitchen as the designer calculated the gap where the American fridge freezer is to go wrong. All sorted though as he admitted fault and ordered a smaller cupboard to widen gap. So kitchen looks lovely, nice big size I'm glad we extended it. They were doing the coving today and plumbing the kitchen. We are still on for moving in end of March. Can't wait!! I'm getting very stressed with everything these days. Every little issue, even small, is making me snappy, and this is not me! 7 months of living with the parents in a small house is hard for anyone. I'm lucky they are so easy going. When we move in I'm going to lock the 3 of us in for all week and enjoy the family time I've missed so much.

Money wise .....awful this month. Lots of eating out. Still managed £1000 savings so far, that's if we can be extra good the next 2 weeks.
  • Bobarella
    Good to hear the kitchen is going well. End of march will be here before you know it! How lovely to have such a big amazing thing to look forward to!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport