Village life

Comments

• Hi Bob

It was OK. In all honesty, my MIL can't cook! It's a family joke but she really can't! I love MY home roast dinner mind and your right it's so much cheaper.

Monday today, last week in school before half term. I hope little one doesn't have an episode at the school doors today.

Catch up later guys
  • My last NSD was last Thursday and I have been awful with little spending ever since!

It's now half term and pay day is Thursday. I'm off work this week with little one so lots of walks and parks I think.

I've been lucky that I belong to a local group and we have participated in #randomactsofkindness week. I won £20 pizza hut voucher, homemade fudge, children's craft book and a little hamper of goodies (I re-gifted this one as some people didn't win anything). Also I've been picked by a super savvy website to try some washing powder. I was surprised when it arrived, there is loads in there. Little samples will go to family to try but there is still loads for us.

News on the house front is DH had a heated conversation with builder! Work is still slow!! I want my own house back.
  • So went up the house today, builder was there working hard. Looks like we WILL be in end of March!! Then VILLAGE LIFE can begin.

Went for a lovely walk in the local country park it was lovely, just DH, me and DD. Had cake and tea in cafe after. DH then realised he had £50 in his wallet so gave me £30 so money is OK now until payday on Thursday. Tomorrow's weather looks awful so myself and little one is going to our nearest City (40 min's away) to Ikea for a look around and meatballs for lunch, don't plan on buying anything except meatballs.

See ya soon xx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Wow, how lovely on your wins ;)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Kittencat
    Kittencat Posts: 699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 February 2017 at 3:47PM
    Oh poo gone into overdraft today, pay day tomorrow. Not going to move any savings its it's only over by £25, on a good note though we managed to save £1000 this month. That's with DH overtime included. All this savings is for the house and so we don't have to borrow so much from relative.
    Today I have been looking after my nephew (11) my little girl idolises him and he has always been really good with her. We have been to the local nature reserve and walked in the fog for ages. Saw loads of wildlife. Then drink and cake in the cafe and watched them both playing with the chalk board etc it took me back to the time I was off when little one was small, it was lovely. Got home (my parents) made a homemade happy meal, then out again for a walk from the house. Got all muddy but so much fun. My nephew is at the age where he doesn't want to go out but he had no choose and he loved it. My little girl, as much as she's a girlie girl, she loves walks and adventures. So spent £5 in cafe today and that's all. Normally it would involve a trip to big Mc but today was a can't afford it day and the kids never asked.
    So payday tomorrow and I will pop up the house later as builders has promised the plastering of the kitchen will be done today so the kitchen can be fitted next week. Fingers crossed xx
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Saving £1000 in a month is incredible! Seriously impressed.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hi Kittencat

just wanted to say welcome to you. I'm in wales too. Neither myself or my OH follow sports but whenever there is a match between England and wales (he's english) there is always one of us going ha ha to the other.

Well done on managing to save £1k in a month that's great.

not sure where you are in wales but if you're close to Margam park they have some activities this half term. I think tomorrow is animal mask making and St Davids day crafts on friday. OH is considering taking the boys when i'm in work tomorrow.
  • Bobarella wrote: »
    Saving £1000 in a month is incredible! Seriously impressed.

Thank you Bob, we are hoping for the same this month, fingers crossed. It is slightly easier, money wise, living with my parents though. They are just amazing.
  • Ammeretto wrote: »
    Hi Kittencat

just wanted to say welcome to you. I'm in wales too. Neither myself or my OH follow sports but whenever there is a match between England and wales (he's english) there is always one of us going ha ha to the other.

Well done on managing to save £1k in a month that's great.

not sure where you are in wales but if you're close to Margam park they have some activities this half term. I think tomorrow is animal mask making and St Davids day crafts on friday. OH is considering taking the boys when i'm in work tomorrow.

Hi Ammeretto
    We went to Margam park today actually, love the place. Small world.:j
  • I have had an amazing couple of day's with my little girl. Lots of walks and cake stops. Real quality time together.....the best feeling in the world.

Yesterday was a spendy day. Hairdressers £20 for me and £5 for the little one. Then we met DH in Mcd (his suggestion and I just went along with it!) Then popped into HB for some cleaning stuff and toiletries (love this shop).

Today myself and little met a friend and her son (same class as my little girl) at a country park, the weather was really sunny. We walked for ages, took a packed lunch and only spent on £4 on a cup of tea and a biscuit. Also got into the park for free as friend had annual pass.....result. We all had the best time.

I'm certainly enjoying the not spending lark. I started a spreadsheet yesterday as it was DH's pay day. I know it's not going to be a true account of our finances as we are still with my parents whilst house is being renovated so we are not paying council tax which I feel is huge (£180 that's for 10 months), we are still paying direct debits for gas/electric so we will be in credit by loads. Our stuff is in storage so we are paying £120ish a month for this so I surpose that's the council tax really.

It's my payday on the 28th so we won't put any saving into the saving's account until my pay has gone in. We are hoping for £1000 again but we have a car service to pay for his month.

Anyway I'm off to watch Minimalist (if I can find it) that I've read on another diary.

Take care guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport