Only cruises - cruise deals for all

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    Actualy they have reduced the hard sell a lot, but the costs are no more than any other cruise line except those that include stuff.

The extras we get are speciality meal, laundry and cocktail parties, embarkation wine priority for some things and concierge.

Sometimes a bit more, the odd free drink from officers etc. if we are remembered but you get that on a lot of ships if you use them regulalry and are friendly to the staff.

We like the choices of eating and the freestyle dinning but that is available on most ships now.

Suite perks are very good but at a price.

The Jade is a very friendly ship and at these prices we get very good value for money.

I think we need to have a good look at MSC they are offering some great cruise prices.
    I found the laundry perk on MSC very useful but now it is only 30% discount instead of XX number of items free.

Being a solo traveller, I don't think freestyle dining would be best option for me so that is not something which would attract me to NCL.
  • prosaver
    prosaver Posts: 7,026
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    dacouch wrote: »
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=975_1283799588 Random cruise ship hits a storm
    i can imagine harry hill saying..
    captain ..right i want everyone to move this furniture over to the left of the room..
    oh i mean right
    right, lets have a look ..oh, put it to the left:D
    “Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.”
    ― George Bernard Shaw
  • bcl999
    edited 3 March 2012 at 9:36AM
    I think we need to have a good look at MSC they are offering some great cruise prices.

Before considering them, you need to acknowledge that, generally speaking, Italians cannot organise a p**s-up in a brewery. ( Personally, I don't think it's simply coincidence that the cargo ship which ran aground off Devon/Cornwall a few years ago was MSC and that the Concordia and the Allegra are both Costa.)

Also, some of their pursers seem tospeak only one word of English (and that is "No").

Additionally, unless you like smaller old-fashioned ships, don't use the Melody - it's time she was retired.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    bcl999 wrote: »
    Being a solo traveller, I don't think freestyle dining would be best option for me so that is not something which would attract me to NCL.

Thats one area NCL could improve, better solos dinner sharing tables
    they have solo meets so you can try to get together with others

Main dining you can request to share so not an issue.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    Before considering them, you need to acknowledge that, generally speaking, Italians cannot.

WE did Costa Magica last year ao have an idea what we would be in for.

We actualy found it much better than expected, most people were quite social if you tried even though we do not so italian and many don't speak a lot of English.

We had indian waiters so were OK. but alos most of the crew spoke better italian than english.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    Now, why didn't I find that one? I've been watching it on MSC site. It only came down to £599 in the past week or so (and it's cruise-only on their site). Also, they were still applying 50% sole supplement so I didn't consider it. I wonder wnat the agent's solo price is?

Cruise only with cruiseclubuk is £189 so even at 100% thats £699 with flight, they also do it from Dubai on the 10th for the same price.

Might even find a cheaper flight

(can't get a link to work without session keys)

search lirica march finds them
    http://search.cruiseclubuk.com/homepage.phtml
  • bcl999
    edited 3 March 2012 at 12:09PM
    Cruise only with cruiseclubuk is £189 so even at 100% thats £699 with flight, they also do it from Dubai on the 10th for the same price.

Might even find a cheaper flight

(can't get a link to work without session keys)

search lirica march finds them
    http://search.cruiseclubuk.com/homepage.phtml
    Don't tell me anymore, you sadist!!! ;)

You know I am already booked for a TA on 17th. Just yesterday I booked all my flights and hotels.

(I have resgitered for the cruiseclub e-mail now.)
  • bcl999
    WE did Costa Magica last year ao have an idea what we would be in for.

We actualy found it much better than expected, most people were quite social if you tried even though we do not so italian and many don't speak a lot of English.

We had indian waiters so were OK. but alos most of the crew spoke better italian than english.
    You'll have agood idea then. I don't think there will be much difference though not actually doen Costa myself. The latest Allegra cruise was on my watch-list but they wanted 50% sole supplement right up to the last minute. I had a narrow escape there. Sleeping on the deck under the stars in the Indian Ocean sounds so romantic but the non-working loos not so. I think I'll start a survey - "Should ships still have "poop" decks built-on?"
  • bcl999
    Thats one area NCL could improve, better solos dinner sharing tables
    they have solo meets so you can try to get together with others

Main dining you can request to share so not an issue.
    Yes, i understood that, Just their marketing makes much of the Freestyle feature and it's not a + for me.
  • getmore4less
    Forumite
    The 16 March Jade insides have dropped to £236
    (9 night canaries ex BCN)

They have a sale on for later trips but nothing stands out yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure