Getting from Edinburgh Airport to the city

MothballsWallet
MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
Hi, my wife and I are going to Edinburgh next month for a few days and I was wondering what the best value options would be for getting from the airport to our accommodation in Shrubhill?

I know we can take the tram + a bus or 2 buses each way, but what's the better value option?

Comments

• squawkbox
    squawkbox Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Personally, I'd just take the tram and walk the very short distance from York Place to the accomodation, it will only take 10 mins and is slightly downhill.
  • funguy
    funguy Posts: 601 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Definately just jump onto the tram to York Place and walk to your accomodation. Easy, cheap and you will get to see a good bit of Edinburgh on your way down. :)
  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,706 Forumite
    squawkbox wrote: »
    Personally, I'd just take the tram and walk the very short distance from York Place to the accomodation, it will only take 10 mins and is slightly downhill.

Me too. I do it a lot.
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Thanks for your advice, everyone - I think the tram + walking will be the best bet, and we'll only have hand luggage anyway.

The last time we were in Edinburgh, we went by train and I've never been to Edinburgh Airport before (or at least not in many, many, years).

:D
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    funguy wrote: »
    Definately just jump onto the tram to York Place and walk to your accomodation. Easy, cheap and you will get to see a good bit of Edinburgh on your way down. :)

To be fair...the tram tends to miss out a lot of the “good bit” of Edinburgh !!!128540;!!!128540;.

Seriously though, agree with team and a short walk from York Place!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure