We are about to pull the purse strings soooo tight!

Comments

• grannyx2
    grannyx2 Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Oh honey, I feel your pain (((Alice))) Being in financial difficulty is hard for anyone, doing so mostly alone is triple hard Have you thought about Relate counselling? He may not hurt you physically but mental cruelty can often be worse as it makes you doubt your own self worth. I worry that you don't have anyone to talk to about this in RL as everyone needs someone

Do you have family you could talk to or the closest of those 3 friends?

Just know that we are here to support you and although maybe we can't do anything, just knowing you have your 'friends in the box' will make it slightly easier to deal with

Granny x
    Targets
    Trip to Australia (On hold until 2022 now) to meet new grandson born jan 21!

Lose 84lbs. Update (minus 65lbs mostly during lockdown as of 18.05.21)

LBM : July 11 - £56,962
    DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3958715/return-to-solvency/p1
  • Oh Alice :( I've been where you are too many times to count and I think sometimes we are too strong and hold it together for too long for our own good. Do you have a good friend to off load on? Sometimes it's all we need is a good rant, a cry and off we go again. If that doesn't help perhaps as Granny says think about counselling?

Does your OH have a budget for pocket money? When we started out on our DMP we didn't put a lot aside for ourselves but as time went on we realised we needed that small amount for ourselves. Especially my DH, he would rather look at what he has in his pocket right now rather than go without (like I would rather) to get to a goal in the long term. I hope you are feeling better when you get back home (((hugs)))
    MFW 2024 #17
    OP straight to mortgage - APRIL £307/ 206.88 (ytd £640) working towards owning 50%
    MOP savings account 1200 / 3000 to be paid later this year
    Mortgage balance 01/01/24 £99224.13 01/02 £98,833.7201/03 £98,928.18
    01/04 £97,646.20
    Baby EF done £1.5k.Working towards goal 2 £32.45/500
    Food Budget - JAN 484.44/500, FEB 488.59/500, MAR 439.33/500, APR 531.34/500
  • grannyx2 wrote: »
    Oh honey, I feel your pain (((Alice))) Being in financial difficulty is hard for anyone, doing so mostly alone is triple hard Have you thought about Relate counselling? He may not hurt you physically but mental cruelty can often be worse as it makes you doubt your own self worth. I worry that you don't have anyone to talk to about this in RL as everyone needs someone

Do you have family you could talk to or the closest of those 3 friends?

Just know that we are here to support you and although maybe we can't do anything, just knowing you have your 'friends in the box' will make it slightly easier to deal with

Granny x

Thanks your post Granny, I don't have anybody in RL, only OH really. In fact you guys on here feel more like my real friends even though I wouldn't know if I bumped into you in the street. I've tried to get OH to go to relate but he won't.

In RL folk think we've got this perfect little life, I suppose that's because I'm always careful not to let my guard down and always keep things close to my chest. I've just got to keep plodding, I'm not sure what the answer is bug hopefully we'll get there. Xx
    Oh Alice :( I've been where you are too many times to count and I think sometimes we are too strong and hold it together for too long for our own good. Do you have a good friend to off load on? Sometimes it's all we need is a good rant, a cry and off we go again. If that doesn't help perhaps as Granny says think about counselling?

Does your OH have a budget for pocket money? When we started out on our DMP we didn't put a lot aside for ourselves but as time went on we realised we needed that small amount for ourselves. Especially my DH, he would rather look at what he has in his pocket right now rather than go without (like I would rather) to get to a goal in the long term. I hope you are feeling better when you get back home (((hugs)))

Thanks DFD, I don't have anybody I could talk too, the thing us if I did I'm not sure I could talk to them, it all feels like I've failed.

OH doesn't bother if he's got money in his pocket or not, he really doesn't. As long as he has money when he goes out with his mates for a couple pints (which isn't that often to be fair) he's generally not bothered. He has had the occasional flip like when we couldn't go on holiday with our friends (whom we don't see any more anyway:o).

Tonight he came home as if nothing had happened. All sweetness and light. I really want to ask him what he wants to do but don't want to upset the apple cart. We'll probably just go back to 'normal'.:(

On the money side of things yesterday I paid childminder, got 'bottle' for relative, got petrol, also spent £8 on bits from supermarket.

Xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • grannyx2
    Hugs honey, I know only too well how lonely this situation can feel. All I can really say is do or say what feels right at the time, after all that's what OH does

We're here for you whenever you need it and you could go to relate on your own to work through your feelings

This debt fight is hard for even the strongest of people and even more so when done pretty much alone

Hope you get a good night's sleep

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• Oh Alice (((( ))))

I know exactly what you are going through. I know you read my diary so you have also seen my ups and downs and know that my DH has had 'emotional' affairs too.

I also have no one else to talk to except you lot on here (my best friend is sick of hearing about it).

I am not sure where you live but if you are in East Anglia I am happy to meet up for a chat/!!!!!/moan or happy to chat by phone.

We have done Relate counselling - it was interesting but not what I expected at all. Not sure if it was worth the money too be honest.
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Oh Alice so sorry to read of all thats been going on. I really have no advice to offer, just we are here for you if you need to rant... rant away. Bloody men mines got his head well and truely up his @rse today!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

Hugs honey, I know only too well how lonely this situation can feel. All I can really say is do or say what feels right at the time, after all that's what OH does

We're here for you whenever you need it and you could go to relate on your own to work through your feelings

This debt fight is hard for even the strongest of people and even more so when done pretty much alone

Hope you get a good night's sleep

Granny x

Thanks Granny, I did actually have a good nights sleep to be honest, which is ironic as I'm not usually a very good sleeper.

OH has been golden today (makes him sound like puppy!). We went shopping and took DS3 to a party, played happy families.

I had to get some toiletries and a colour for my hair. OH suggested that perhaps we could save some money and I could gave it done at the hairdressers, talk about mind games.

Xx
    Oh Alice (((( ))))

I know exactly what you are going through. I know you read my diary so you have also seen my ups and downs and know that my DH has had 'emotional' affairs too.

I also have no one else to talk to except you lot on here (my best friend is sick of hearing about it).

I am not sure where you live but if you are in East Anglia I am happy to meet up for a chat/!!!!!/moan or happy to chat by phone.

We have done Relate counselling - it was interesting but not what I expected at all. Not sure if it was worth the money too be honest.

Yeah I've read your ups and downs.....don't know how you (and some other folk on here) cope with it all.

Unfortunately I'm not local to you, which is a shame but I will certainly bear in mind a phone call/text. Thank you.

Xx
    Oh Alice so sorry to read of all thats been going on. I really have no advice to offer, just we are here for you if you need to rant... rant away. Bloody men mines got his head well and truely up his @rse today!!! xx

Hi mummy, hope your OH sorted himself out and didn't spoil your day.

Xx

It's been a really strange day. Considering 48hours ago I could of chucked OH out and was contemplating a life of just me and the kids, today we just carried on as 'normal'. Kid sports clubs cancelled so we went into town, got toiletries £18 :eek:, got 2 birthday presents £26, and spent £48 in the supermarket. Got extra cash for DS2 sports club subs (not enough money in leisure pot as have to pay DS3s swimming). Also need to pay deposit for school trip.

Not sure what the future holds, I suspect we'll just plod on. But you know it pushes me even harder to get this debt paid off......not that I'm using the debt as an excuse for me and OH going through a rough patch.:o Thank you for all your support and advise.:o:)

Tomorrow hoping I can peg out.....that always puts a smile on my face.:rotfl: Need to update spending diary/budget, sort pots out and do meal plan.....amongst other things.

Hope everybody gets a bit of sunshine tomorrow.xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • grannyx2
    Glad you had a good night's sleep and a good day today

Men don't half cause problems don't they. I started my day off swearing at OH, (and I very rarely swear) For some reason he chose to ignore it and didn't react but spent the morning helping me without being nagged to do so. Why he had to behave the way he did to make me swear is anyone's guess but it worked. Maybe I should do it more often

Hope you have a good day tomorrow

Keep smiling Alice, it makes them wonder what we've been up to

Granny x
    Targets

DEBT FREE 21-05-21
    MORTGAGE FREE 13-06-18

Loving my kitty cat

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Alice

Sorry catching up and just reading the last few posts. I am so sorry that it's so hard and you are so unsupported...it would be lovely to meet up in RL. I will send you a PM.

I think the advice on here is sound and it's as if you are not too sure what you want to do next anyway but you are right..the debt will always hold you back, whatever you decide so it has to be a priority. 2018 will come round quicker than you know!

I really hope OH's CV comes through and he gets his head round the likely change. Lots of people hate doing them..myself included...can I suggest you help him do it? Or at least a first draft. It's always better getting some irons on the fire before any firm news comes through...and it does sound as if his job is under threat

Have a good Sunday. We have 3 huge loads of washing, including duvet covers sheets etc draped all around the house and on 2 airers..I always think of you then!:)

Keep smiling :):)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
    Glad you had a good night's sleep and a good day today

Men don't half cause problems don't they. I started my day off swearing at OH, (and I very rarely swear) For some reason he chose to ignore it and didn't react but spent the morning helping me without being nagged to do so. Why he had to behave the way he did to make me swear is anyone's guess but it worked. Maybe I should do it more often

Hope you have a good day tomorrow

Keep smiling Alice, it makes them wonder what we've been up to

Granny x

Aww Granny, don't they just push all the right buttons at times!! Glad your OH helped out though.:)

Hope you have a good day too. Xx
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    Alice

Sorry catching up and just reading the last few posts. I am so sorry that it's so hard and you are so unsupported...it would be lovely to meet up in RL. I will send you a PM.

I think the advice on here is sound and it's as if you are not too sure what you want to do next anyway but you are right..the debt will always hold you back, whatever you decide so it has to be a priority. 2018 will come round quicker than you know!

I really hope OH's CV comes through and he gets his head round the likely change. Lots of people hate doing them..myself included...can I suggest you help him do it? Or at least a first draft. It's always better getting some irons on the fire before any firm news comes through...and it does sound as if his job is under threat

Have a good Sunday. We have 3 huge loads of washing, including duvet covers sheets etc draped all around the house and on 2 airers..I always think of you then!:)

Keep smiling :):)

Hi brizzle, lol about the washing.:rotfl: I have pegged out this morning :)

Yeah I am going to help OH with his CV, and as he has had another letter from @ktiv k@pital and has suggested we look at putting the payments on hold whilst we sort out if the debt is enforceable.......now that's a 'turn up for books'.

We're going through the 'let's be nice to each other' stage at the moment. I am going to try and remain positive. Hope you guys give me a kick up the backside if I start to feel sorry for myself!:)

Debt free in 2018........can't wait.:o:D

Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback