PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Does anyone wear a bed jacket?

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm always cold when I get into bed but if I turn up the heating I bake in the middle of the night. I've some old patterns for knitted bed jackets, does anyone still use one? Are they any good?

Not sure if I'm missing something, but isn't that what pyjamas are for?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    elsien wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm missing something, but isn't that what pyjamas are for?

I don't wear pyjamas as I find them too uncomfortable. My nighties all have short sleeves but rather than replacing them all, I was thinking a bed jacket would bridge the gap.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    I'd want it over the pjs . I'm always cold. But wouldn't put the heating on.:rotfl:
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I tend not to sit up in bed & read, but would probably drape a fleece or a blanket around me if I did.

Sleep in a jacket!? No thank you, but we're all different.
  • CurlyTop
    CurlyTop Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    I am always cold in bed. I wear a short sleeved nightie and socks in winter months. When I feel it is cold, I'very bought a pair of primark flannelette pj's and just wear the top overthe nightie for an extra layer. I can always take it off during the night if I get too hot and still maintain warmth through my nightie still being on. Gone are days of me being butt naked :)
    I got there - I'm debt free and intend to stay that way. If I haven't got the cash, it doesn't get bought. It's as simple as that.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    We've just put away our 10.5 duvet and put on the 4 tog.

I've got a 1 tog duvet for summer.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    We've just put away our 10.5 duvet and put on the 4 tog.

I've got a 1 tog duvet for summer.

The 10.5 tog didn't see the light of day this winter , I managed with just a sheet , window open, bare skin and no heating

Just got to love the hot flushes :rotfl:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I don't wear anything in bed (and haven't done for the last 50 years) - let alone a jacket. :rotfl:
    Same here; and Mr LW hasn't worn pyjamas since I moved in with him in 2002. ;)

If I want to sit up for whatever reason and it's chilly, I just chuck my dressing gown round my shoulders.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • I always wear a bed jacket when it’s cold as I have short sleeved nighties. I don’t like a warm bedroom and the window is always open.
    When it’s really cold I also have a hot water bottle for my feet, though the cat usually hogs it!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,585 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We live in an old property, which is cold and drafty. This winter we haven't bothered with the 10.5 tog duvet just sticking with the 4.5 tog.

If I'm finding it too cold to sit up in bed to read, I wear a shawl a present my friend knitted me, she also lives in a very old house so appreciated the need. The yarn is a wonderful colour and it is very soft, dd calls it my snuggly.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business