Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 14th Aug 19, 4:34 PM
    • 2,970Posts
    • 402Thanks
    britishboy
    Lightweight waterproof jacket for running
    • 14th Aug 19, 4:34 PM
    Lightweight waterproof jacket for running 14th Aug 19 at 4:34 PM
    New to running after a long lay off, but want a lightweight, waterproof jacket to keep me dry through the autumn/winter

I bought one a few years ago for working outdoors but it wasn’t lined, and had a kind of wax coating on the inside which just made me get hot straight away. Kept me dry but no good for running in

Any recommendations please?
Page 1
    • DD265
    • By DD265 18th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 4,393 Thanks
    DD265
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    • 18th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    My trainer was an elite trail/ultra marathon runner before focusing elsewhere, so when I ask for kit recommendations I get top end, but so far everything has been well worth the investment.

I've got an OMM Kamleika jacket - not cheap but a fantastic piece of kit and going strong 2 years in. Just bought a Rab Kinetic Plus jacket which is very similar in feel. They have a factory outlet not far from the M1 in Derbyshire with very good discounts. Not a jacket, but Inov8 race pants feel like the same stuff, and I can run in those comfortably just over underwear.

If you don't mind used, various OMM styles certainly come up on eBay quite a bit. I'd definitely see if you could check out one of these to see what they feel like then go nosy in Sports Direct or somewhere to see if you can find something similar.
    Credit Cards 2019 - £5300/£8000 paid off - 66.25%
    • TomPucci85
    • By TomPucci85 21st Aug 19, 11:03 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    TomPucci85
    • 21st Aug 19, 11:03 AM
    • 21st Aug 19, 11:03 AM
    Decathlon gear is actually great value for something like this. You shouldn't splurge on something with Goretex if you're the super sweaty type, marketing says it's super breathable, but if you're running, things heat up real fast and you might have the same issue with what you've been using.
    • Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 21st Aug 19, 12:11 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    Tallaght
    • 21st Aug 19, 12:11 PM
    • 21st Aug 19, 12:11 PM
    Try go outdoors.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

19Posts Today

3,696Users online

Martin's Twitter