Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kimmy112
    0 WOW
    bodyshop freebies
    • 4th Nov 09, 7:08 PM
    0 WOW
    bodyshop freebies 4th Nov 09 at 7:08 PM
    i was in body shop today and they have a poster on the till front about free samples and it said to ask, so i did and they said i could choose any of the try me things and they would put some in to pots for me, and they are nice pots too not cheap ones, ones you can reuse

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert 2012:

MoneySavers on the forum are saying they've spotted samples can be had in shops such as Body Shop and Lush. If you manage to grab some too, help other MoneySavers by reporting where.

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 25-01-2016 at 12:54 PM.
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
Page 2
    • Charliezoo
    • By Charliezoo 9th Nov 09, 6:07 PM
    • 1,714 Posts
    • 1,254 Thanks
    Charliezoo
    My friend woks for Body Shop and says when you buy something they're supposed to offer you a sample of a product in the same range, eg, when you buy coconut shower gel they should offer the matching moisturiser.

She also said they're happy to give out samples but are wary of the same people who come in every other day asking for them but never buying anything! Fair enough I suppose!
  • Reverbe
    have you tried asking?
    Originally posted by kimmy112
    Yup . body shop are franchises and our manager has a local policy of no samples..:rolleyes:
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • tillytat
    thanks for this, will pop in when next in town
  • mermaidmad
    body shop freebies
    this is true, i used to work there! go in and ask for a sample, if your buying something anyway they will usually give you something without asking. do remember not to take advantage tho as those girls are trying to earn a living and they wont do that by giving free products away to everyone!!! the products are fab and excellent quality so treat yourself to something too while your there xx
    • Abbafan1972
    • By Abbafan1972 10th Nov 09, 1:08 PM
    • 5,318 Posts
    • 169,525 Thanks
    Abbafan1972
    If you go to the website and vote for your favourite product, you get entered into a draw to win a years supply of that product.

I used to love the Banana shampoo!

The Body Shop
    Winging it since 1972

SW is like the Hotel California - "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave".
  • twinkle06_123
    Since I've had my 'love your body' card I've received 7 stamps - i.e. I've spend more than 70.. but not once have I been given a sample!
  • Kazipoo
    My local one doesn't give out samples either!!
  • sdrover
    Ohh, bring back dewberry perfume, it was my favourite in the 80's, i wiill be in there tomorrow for some samples.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    • Chia
    • By Chia 16th Nov 09, 10:36 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Chia
    I am all for taking free stuff from the Body Shop, but just wanted to add a reminder that it is now owned by L'oreal, in which Nestle has a large and profitable share. Worth keeping in mind if you are considering getting on the 'boycott Nestle' bandwagon (and I would definitely encourage you to do so - just Google to find out all about it).
    • ShaneUK
    • By ShaneUK 17th Nov 09, 3:10 PM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 6,907 Thanks
    ShaneUK
    Can I suggest that anyone that posts my local does/does not give free samples also puts the branch location?
  • flipper_2010
    I am all for taking free stuff from the Body Shop, but just wanted to add a reminder that it is now owned by L'oreal, in which Nestle has a large and profitable share. Worth keeping in mind if you are considering getting on the 'boycott Nestle' bandwagon (and I would definitely encourage you to do so - just Google to find out all about it).
    Originally posted by Chia
    Surely the fact thats its L'oreal is enough reason to not go in there?!? :confused: Shame I used to love Body Shop stuff Dam morals
  • Sakura_Yuki
    Dropped in today & got a sample of one of their moisturisers. I'm desperately trying to find a reasonably-priced anti-wrinkle cream for my tempermental skin (getting my first fine lines, but just about everything I've tried for the wrinkles gives me spots). :confused:
    • Chia
    • By Chia 19th Nov 09, 11:42 AM
    • 274 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Chia
    Surely the fact thats its L'oreal is enough reason to not go in there?!?
    Originally posted by flipper_2010
    Well, yeah, it's debatable...I like the idea of taking things from the Body Shop for free with no intention of ever giving them any of my money, but maybe staying away completely would be better as it's one less person who appears to be browsing in the store. Not sure.

I hear you on the morals...I used to like their stuff too but we've got to stay strong!
    • CUTESMILE
    • By CUTESMILE 19th Nov 09, 4:24 PM
    • 1,224 Posts
    • 13,287 Thanks
    CUTESMILE
    Mine is Hull & doesnt
    VIP Emmerdale experience
  • silkkat50
    The one in nuneaton does give free samples
    If you dont ask, you dont get
  • Queen of NO MATTER WHAT
    Dropped in today & got a sample of one of their moisturisers. I'm desperately trying to find a reasonably-priced anti-wrinkle cream for my tempermental skin (getting my first fine lines, but just about everything I've tried for the wrinkles gives me spots). :confused:
    Originally posted by Sakura_Yuki
    The vitamin e range is fantastic

I live in Nottingham and both the branches here give out samples on request, also the two bodyshops on Bond street do, and so does the one at St Pancras station
    *wonders when they will make dressing gowns acceptable day wear?*

No new toiletries challenge - use up the stash first!

NSD Jan 2/15
    • koolkatsaffi
    • By koolkatsaffi 20th Nov 09, 8:42 AM
    • 608 Posts
    • 2,343 Thanks
    koolkatsaffi
    I went into my local bodyshop yesterday and brought some perfume oil that is also one of the returnining products...mmm...The assistant gave me some free samples with my purchase...Also I went online and got some bargain casis rose perfume oils...2 a pop...\o/...and some matching body sprays also 2 each...make excellent cheap pressies and a nice 'me' treat...Free p+p too...
    Now just got to wait for them to bring the extra red henna hair dye back...
    Gains & 's saved..Far too many to mention! Needless to say I LOVE MSE!

'Smile in the face of adversity..Whilst thinking where you can bury the bodies'

Area representative for National Association for Bikers with a Disability A cripple is a person who thinks a disabled person cannot ride a motorcycle
  • twinkle06_123
    I went in and asked for a sample of the facial primer as I wanted to test it under my mineral foundation - they said they don't do samples on make up products! It's not really make-up though, it's skincare! Also, I once saw an SA give a school girl mineral foundation in a container (it was half full with it) that looked exactly like the real one for mineral foundation!
    • Chia
    • By Chia 20th Nov 09, 7:26 PM
    • 274 Posts
    • 222 Thanks
    Chia
    OK, so it occurred to me that I didn't actually say WHY people should consider boycotting Nestle - basically, their aggressive and deceitful (in terms of health information) infant formula marketing techniques in Africa means that babies who otherwise could be successfully breastfed end up malnourished or dead once the mothers either run out of money to buy formula, dilute it with too much water or prepare it using unsanitary water.

I wish I were making this up, but unfortunately I'm not. So, those of you who buy from the Body Shop - is it really worth it? (Not being judgmental as I used to shop there myself; just hoping to provoke some thought.)
  • Lovesavinmoney+theplanet
    Lots of amazing things at Body Shop
    I work in Body Shop and must comment on a few things. First of all anyone can get free samples of many different products. Body Butters, Shower gels, shampoo lots of nice things, unfortunately somethings can not be given in sample pots such as lip balms. The sample pots are the same size as the lip balm pot so it wouldn't make much sense. Make use of the sample pots and anytime you want to try something go into the shop and the employees are always happy to help.

Different promotions are always on...In Edinburgh gift boxes that were 17.50 are now down to 12 only until the 25th.
    Other offers that are on include: Buy 2 pieces of make up and get a define and sparkle mascara or shimmer lip gloss free.
    Spend 15 on skincare products and get a free almond hand and nail cream.

As for old products that many people miss...

(Where I work these are all in stock...)
    Dewberry perfume oil is still in most stores.
    Banana shampoo and conditioner are back in store.
    There are Ice Blue products (can't remember if its shower gel or shampoo)
    Many other products are back from the 80s if anyone can remember the animal soaps they are back...

I could go on....

I don't know much about L'oreal taking over but people have to remember that Body Shop does a lot more good for the environment and community than most other companies.....Keep it in mind.
    x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,965Posts Today

7,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • A brilliant and gripping profile of Boris Johnson by the great @JPonpolitics well worth the 15 minute read https://t.co/odelHYEbRg

• Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• Follow Martin